v. We're Different

Thirteen - 13

 

                Ailee ran from the room once homeroom had finally ended. She walked with Aaron and Tyler to the cafeteria, her thoughts occupied with Jerald. She frowned as she saw Min Yoon and Jerald together She clenched her fist, knowing that this was the Jerald she knew as a kid. Ailee frowned, knowing that he liked her and she liekd him too, but she never knew the explosion would come and change her life. Her expression darkened a bit more. She had to hide for the past 9 years, it wasn't her fault. She had to live in different places-Russia, France, Germany, etc. Ailee followed Tyler as he walked to the tables at the corner. Her face was dark, the exact replica as her brothers. They didn't have any expressions upon their faces, just a simple hostile glare. They began to talk.

                Nicholas snorted,” I hope they know that we don’t want to be here either.”

                Darryl laughed,” Why would we want to be here? Just cause this is a prestigious school doesn’t mean we want to go here.”

                Simon smirked,” I want to go out on an assignment right now. It’s so boring in class. I don’t get why he sent us to this stupid school.”

                Daniel said with a bored voice,” Can we just ditch?”

                Ailee was about to say something, but then noticed that Jerald and his friends were looking. She pointed them out with a silent nudge and the group shut up. Two of Jerald's friends stood up and started to walk towards the new students. Jerald got up with his girlfriend, Min Yoon, and also walked towards the transfers. Taeyeol spoke and smiled at us,” Do you guys want to be friends? Or you can sit at our table if you like?”

                Ryan shot back darkly right away,” No and no. Go away.”

                Taeyeol looked surprised, and his friend hissed at us,” Why don’t you just leave? This is our school, we own this school. How dare you talk back to your elder?”

                Jay stood up with a glare,” My senior? I’m pretty sure you are supposed to respect me. I’m a senior here; you’re my underclassmen right now. Are you disrespecting your senior right now?”

                Jerald said out loud, with a cold tone,” Just go back to where you came from. No one wants you here.”

                Ailee merely watched as Aaron stood up and hissed at Jerald’s face,” You wanna say that again?”

                Before anyone could stop them from fighting, Jerald added more fuel to the fire and glared,” No one wants you here.”

                Aaron punched Jerald in the face and girls began to scream. The group looked bored like it was an everyday thing to see Aaron fight. It seemed to them as a habit. Min Yoon screamed her head off, annoying everyone at the table and around it. They began to gang up on Aaron, so Kevin and Sam joined in and knocked the two boys out. Jerald ran out with his girlfriend before he was beaten up. The transfers laughed as they watched everyone run for their lives. Ailee spoke up,” Can we ditch now?”

[a/n Sorry if the above seems a bit rocky! It was originally written in 1st person POV by yours truly but I decided to change it at last minute. It seems a bit informal/etc. because it was written in Ailee's pov, so I'm sorry if anything was repeated. I decided to stick to 3rd person, so I'm sorry if it seems off! :/]

                Ailee ran out of the school with her brothers. She smiled to herself when she thought of all the hardships the thirteen of them had all been through together. She frowned when she saw Jerald and Min Yoon sitting at the park in the school, but ignored it and jumped the gate. The thirteen walked into the nearby Starbucks and ordered whatever they wanted. Devin asked,” Anyone get an assignment yet?”

                Everyone shook their heads, wondering why they didn’t have any assignments to carry out yet. Ryan grimaced,” We haven’t gotten a day off since the day we began to train.”

                Flashbacks began to go through everyone’s heads with just that one line. Ailee began to think about how she even became this cold.

 

                Ailee stood with her twelve other brothers in the house. An old man was sitting leisurely on the couch, sipping tea. He was an old family friend of their foster parents, and he had gone to their house to find their parents, but only to find they were out. He was Mr. Lim, a successful and rich businessman. Mr. Lim spoke up,” You thirteen, are the ones I need. You guys are capable.”

                Kris frowned and looked around,” Excuse me Mr. Lim, but who are you talking to?”

                Mr. Lim smiled,” I’m talking to you thirteen here, in this living room. Would you like to be independent without your foster parents? I’m offering you guys something here. You thirteen are the chosen ones.”

                Ailee felt herself brighten at the sound of Mr. Lim’s word. Mr. Lim spoke again,” I am offering you a choice. I will blow up your house and hide all the evidence that you have ever lived and you will live with me. Or, you will stay here and I will leave with none of you. It’s either you all, or just none.”

                Aaron tilted his head,” Mr. Lim, what are you asking for us to do though?”

                Mr. Lim replied,” You will be introduced to a life of bad people. Don’t you want to get rid of bad people? I will be your real father, someone who cares for you. You will earn money, you will have a family, and you will bring justice to the world. Does this, sound right to you?”

                Ryan nodded instantly, already giving in to Mr. Lim’s words, then Nicholas and Darryl. Even Aaron began to nod. The last people to agree were Ailee and Kris. Mr. Lim walked up to Ailee,” You are definitely the chosen one, my dear Ailee. I want you to be the leader of this group of thirteen. Lead them to success Ailee. I know you can do it. You can do things greater than I envisioned. I just know it.”

                Kris was already nodding before Mr. Lim had finished, and they all waited upon Ailee’s decision. She smirked, and nodded,” Alright. Let’s do this.”