iii. Time Passes Fast

Thirteen - 13

 

AFTER THREE YEARS – 2012, 11th grade, 17 years old

 

A small pretty girl smiled as she stared at her phone wallpaper. It was of Jerald, her handsome boyfriend. They had been dating for three years now, and everyone at school thought of them as a cute couple. She looked up every once in a while, wondering when she was going to get to school. It was the start of 11th grade, the first day of school. Min Yoon still got anxiety issues when things were about to start. She frowned at the thought of the new freshman. She gagged, hating on the freshman even before she was going to meet them. A growl sounded from the back of when she thought of the freshman hitting on her boyfriend. But then she smiled, knowing that Jerald was faithful to her. She picked up a phone call from Jerald when he called,” Hey Jerald. You need something?”

She could hear Jerald chuckling on the other line,” I tell you my English name and you keep calling me that. I don’t need anything; I’m just waiting for you to come to school so I can see my girlfriend.”

Min Yoon smiled,” But your English name is so fun to say, Jerald. Your Korean name is just Park Taejin. It’s nothing much. And I’ll be at school in a minute. Just wait for me!”

Jerald replied,” Of course! Oh, I see your car. Bye!”

Min Yoon hopped off of her car and said good bye to her driver. She walked through the school gates and saw her boyfriend standing there, waving with a goofy smile. She ran up to him and they hugged. A few students passed by and muttered with a joking tone,” Go get a room.”

Jerald laughed and gave the students a fake glare. The crowd laughed and then dispersed, leaving the couple alone. He placed an arm around her shoulders,” So, you anticipating the new freshman?”

Min Yoon laughed when Jerald wriggled his eyebrows,” Not really. You know I hate those annoying freshman. I just don’t want any of them to hit on you.”

He laughed and replied,” I don’t want any of the freshman to hit on you either. Or even check you out. I’ll just punch their eyes back into their faces so they’ll stop. I just hope there are no new transfer students at school. Oh god, I hate those transfer students. They’re so annoying.”

One of Jerald’s friends passed by and laughed,” for you Taejin, there are new transfer students this year. I heard because I am still the school’s student body president.”

Taeyeol smirked at Jerald and Jerald raised a fist to hit him. But Jerald let out a laugh and put it down,” I hate transfer students! Bleh, just don’t pair me up with one to show around school.”

                Taeyeol laughed well naturedly,” Okay Taejin, but I can’t guarantee anything. I might have to if no one else fits the requirements.”

                Jerald nodded with a shrug,” Okay bro. I’m going to class now with Min Yoon, see you later.”

                He led his girlfriend away with a whisk and she laughed,” I’m glad we have the same class Jerald.”

                She smiled when he chuckled,” Yeah, me too Min Yoon. I’ll walk you to class.”

                Min Yoon laughed and walked with him to their homeroom class.

 

                The couple walked into their homeroom class as the bell rang. Jerald cursed under his breath when he found out they had the strictest junior teacher on campus for homeroom. He sighed but then took a seat next to his girlfriend. Teacher Jang pulled out a seating chart, he yelled in a loud voice,” You are all sitting in the order I am assigning you! Don’t you dare sit in another spot or else you will get a detention.”

                Everyone nodded obediently, obviously scared of the teacher. Teacher Jang pointed to a spot,” Park Taejin!”

                Jerald frowned as he sat near the windows near the front. His frown deepened when he saw girlfriend sitting on the other side of the room at the front row. She turned over and frowned as well, but then shrugged and faced forward when Teacher Jang walked to the front. Teacher Jang yelled out strictly,” I have some rules for you guys when you enter this classroom.”

                He eyed Jerald and Min Yoon with a frown,” There will be no PDA in this class. No food, no water, no drinks. I expect you all to be reading during homeroom. You may not do homework as homework is for home. If you have any questions please ask after class.”

                Min Yoon and Jerald stayed silent for the class, in fear of being yelled at by Teacher Jang. The door opened suddenly and three students entered the room with deadly smirks. The teacher was furious,” Are these three late students!? Well I suggest you go home next time you’re late, because I hate it when students are late.”

                The tallest of the three spoke up, he had a deep voice and he spoke,” We’re new students, teacher. And I suggest that you don’t threaten us, because the principal would like to speak to you about being fired if you do.”

                Teacher Jang froze for a moment, he whispered,” You’re those students..?”

                The other male spoke up,” Yup, so can we take a seat anywhere, or what?”

                Teacher Jang gulped, and then he pointed at the last of the three,” And this is her?”

                The girl smirked,” Hello there too, Teacher Jang.”

                The whole class was in an uproar when they saw Teacher Jang not even fighting back to the students. Jaejun, Jerald’s friend, spoke up,” Hey! Teacher Jang, you’re not being fair. You’re giving those three new transfer students special treatment!”

                Everyone in the class began to agree and the class began to get louder and louder. The tallest of the three scowled and he kicked Teacher Jang’s desk. The desk skidded to the side of the room,” Shut up! You guys are so damn noisy.”

                That shut everyone up. They stared at Teacher Jang’s 300 pound desk and then at the tall male. He had kicked the table with ease and now everyone was terrified of him. Jerald glanced at Min Yoon, who was sitting in the front nearest to the commotion. He saw her terrified expression. One student quietly spoke up,” Who are you guys?”

                The shorter male glanced at the other two. The tall male spoke up,” I’m Aaron Kwak; we’re from America so we don’t have Korean names. Either call me Aaron or don’t talk to me at all.”

                Then, the shorter male talked,” My name’s Tyler Park. I don’t like to talk to people. Don’t talk to me at all. If I need something, I’ll come find you.”

                Tyler sent everyone a menacing glare, and then the girl spoke up with cold words,” Ailee Lee. Just don’t talk to me.”

                Jerald felt his heart drop. Ailee Lee!?