Weird in a nice way, huh?

Awkward Love

 

“Will you please not scream again when I remove my hand?” I asked, sounding quite desperate. Earlier the girl started to scream again and after I finally stopped groaning, I put my hand on again. This time I watched her carefully as she nodded, not wanting to get tricked again..

 

I sighed relieved because her nodding looked quite sincere, but then again she had looked very sincere too, earlier when she was lying. I shook my head and concluded that I had no other choice but to let go, since I couldn’t possibly stay in this position for the rest of the day.

 

As soon as I let go, she took a deep breath, and I was expecting her to start screaming again, but she stayed quiet and just eyed me in a suspicious manner.

 

“Why were you so close to face?” Crap. The suspicion in her eyes didn’t disappear and I gulped nervously as she continued to eye me precisely. I didn’t know how to explain why I had been so close to her face. I didn’t know it myself.

 

“Um, there was a fly on your face...” I started to say, but my voice got softer which each unbelievably stupid word.

 

A fly on your face? Seriously, you couldn’t come up with something better than this, Kris?

 

To my surprise the girl nodded, believing this ridiculous lie. I mentally praised my poker face because I was sure that the serious look in my face had made her believe me, and not my ridiculously stupid lie.

 

“Why am I here? I can't remember going here,” she asked, her voice soft.

 

“Oh, you passed out and I brought you here,” I said, standing up from the chair. I walked to the door, stopped and turned around, “I guess I can go, since you’re awake now.”

 

I glanced over to her and noticed that she was zoning out. I cleared my throat and repeated what I said in an awkward manner; I felt stupid for saying exactly the same thing I had already said.

 

She snapped out of her thoughts and blinked a few times. I chuckled, it was kind of cute.

 

“Ah wait,” she called out, trying to stand up, but I could clearly see that she was still feeling dizzy, so I rushed to her side and took her arm, supporting her.

 

“Yes?” Aish. Why was my voice cracking at a mere 'yes'?

 

“Thank you,” she said while bowing to me. I blinked several times, clearly confused at her action. She didn’t have to thank me, though I had to admit that I liked it.

 

“You're welcome.” I smiled at her, and almost regretted doing that because most girls squealed right into my face when I smiled at them, but to my surprise, the girl stayed calm and just smiled back.

 

I had to admit that her smile was really pretty. Aish. How often had I been thinking about her being pretty for the last hour?

 

It was silent for a while and I cleared my throat.

 

“Should I look for the school's nurse?” I asked in an attempt to break the silence.

 

“Oh no, you don’t have to,” she waved her hand as she slowly walked to the door. I worriedly watched her, afraid she would pass out again.

 

“But you just fainted-”

 

“Ah it's no big deal. I faint quite often because of my circulation,” she shrugged her shoulders as she opened the door.

 

“Ah okay, then I'll get going as well,” I muttered, grabbing my bag and making my way to the door.

 

Thank God, the corridor was empty because everyone was having classes. The girl was a few meters in front of me and I pondered whether to speed up and walk with her, or just to walk alone. Before I could decide on what to do, she had already slowed down, so I naturally caught up and we ended up walking next to each other.

 

We left the school's building and walked to the train station. I was wondering if she always took the train; I didn’t remember seeing her at the train station even once. In fact, today was the first time I ever saw her. Clearing my throat, I glanced over to her.

 

“Do you... er, always take the train? I don’t remember seeing you here,” I started to say awkwardly. Just then a train drove past us and my voice got drowned. She turned her face to me, “Huh?”

 

I wrinkled my nose, “Ah, never mind.”

 

It was silent for a while. I continued to glance over to her. How come I never noticed her? Even if I didn’t pay too much attention to my surroundings, a girl, pretty as her, would've been noticed at my school, meaning at least one of my friends would have pestered me with fanboying about her. Yes, my friends were like this.

 

“Um, are you new-” “What's your name-” Both of us started at the same time, but stopped immediately upon realizing that we were both talking.

 

“You first,” again both of us said at the same time. I chuckled at the awkwardness in the air. She chuckled along and I would have fallen from a chair if I had sat on one; her chuckle sounded very cute. Urgh, and I sounded like a creeper.

 

“Okay, then I'll go first, I wanted to know your name.” She smiled softly and I felt my heart beating a bit faster than usually. I stared at her for a while before realizing that I hadn't answered her question yet.

 

“Ah, it's Wu Yi Fan, but you can call me Kris,” I said and confusedly looked in the air. She didn’t know my name? Not that I'm full of myself, but because of all those girls babbling crap like me being a mysterious prince and stuff, the whole school knows me, and it was rather surprising to have someone not know me.

 

She nodded and stayed silent for a moment, “And your question?”

 

“Huh?” I blinked several times. “Oh I just wanted to know if you’re new at our school because I’ve never seen you around,” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

“Yes, I'm new. Today was my first day at this school, which is also why I asked you for the way to the gym, remember?” Yes, I remembered, and it wasn’t a pretty memory. I wanted to die in embarrassment again when I remembered what had happened.

 

“Ah about that, I'm really sorry for accusing you of confessing to me, even though you just asked for the way... yeah,” I said, rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

 

“You know, I just always get confessions and just when you were asking me, I zoned out and missed what you had said, so I thought I just missed your confession and...” I stopped and took a deep breath since I had been talking very much at once without to breathe. I just realized that I blurted out pretty much everything and kind of tried to justify myself, when I didn’t have to. I mentally groaned at my loose mouth.

 

Why the hell did I spill everything?!

 

I glanced at her. She looked quite dumbfounded.

 

“Ah,” was all she said before she stood up because her train arrived.

 

“Eh, please don’t think of me as a weirdo because I'm really not. What happened today is really embarrassing and I'd be glad if you could just forget what happened,” I called out, ignoring the fact that me asking her for this favor made everything even more embarrassing.

 

She was standing at the door as she turned around, “In all honesty, you are quite weird,” she said, loud enough for me to hear; there was one meter distance between us. My face fell upon hearing what she said. Wow, someone just told me that I'm weird, in all honesty, if I may add. Now that feels weird.

 

“But you seem to be weird in a nice way, so I'll try to forget it,” she smiled and I felt my heart pounding faster again.

 

Weird in a nice way, huh? I smiled at that.

 

The doors were about to close when I suddenly remembered something.

 

Wait! You didn’t tell me your name.”

 

I'm Miyoung,” she quickly called out as the train door closed.

 

Upon hearing it, a smile was immediately plastered on my face.

 

Miyoung. I liked her name. I didn’t know why, I just liked it.

 

And for the rest of the day her name was stuck in my head.

 

 

 

Huuuh, new chapter up and it's a quite long chapter, 1444 words o.o It didn't feel so long when I wrote it XDD but then again, I typed pretty much half of the chapter at 6pm and the rest at 11pm. I actually wanted to update much earlier but something urgent came up and I had to help out at my parents' restaurant >.> 

I rushed home, so that I could finish the chapter and put it up. My mom's furious (yeaaah) because I'm still at my laptop and it's midnight :'DD(if she only knew that I'm usually still on my ipod when it's like 2am XD) 

Ah yeah, finally there's some fluff in the story, huh? ;) though it's extremely awkward I like it XD it's cute awkwardness. lol.

Hope you liked the long chapter <3

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting :)