Fated?

Awkward Love

 

I was being called the king of my school, the merciless heartbreaker, yet I had no experience in love.

 

Funny, huh?

 

I wasn’t sure why, I just hadn’t fallen in love yet and I wasn’t looking for a relationship without love; which was why I turned down all the girls who confessed to me and quickly got labeled as 'heartbreaker' when I, in fact, wasn’t. But it seems like today's youth considers waiting for the real love as breaking hearts...

 

“S-sunbae?” I blinked several times upon hearing a soft voice calling me.

 

Aish. I had been daydreaming again.

 

Ordering my thoughts, I looked at the girl who stood in front of me. Judging from her slight blush and nervous foot movements, she probably confessed to me. And I just missed it since I was spacing out, which I by the way did very often lately.

 

I took a deep breath before bowing lightly, “I'm sorry. I can't accept your feelings, but thank you for liking me.” As I looked up, I caught her looking at me aghast. Her eyes were literally plopping out.

 

Had I been too harsh? But I always turned down the confessions like this. A too positive sounding rejection would probably give the girls false hope.

 

“What?” the girl mumbled, her eyebrows furrowing.

 

Judging from the change in the look of her eyes, it had made click.

 

“Eh, Sunbae. Right now I didn’t confess to you, ” she said politely. I frowned.

 

Not?

 

My mouth fell open and I just stared at her, clearly confused.

 

She started to speak very slowly, as if she was talking to a retard, “I asked you for the way to the gym.” I gulped, trying to comprehend what she just said.

 

Oh.

 

Dear lord. That was hella embarrassing.

 

I laughed lightly, trying to lessen the embarrassment, but it didn’t work. In fact, it made everything worse because the girl just continued to look at me as if I had some mental problems.

 

I didn’t know what to do. I only wished the ground would open and swallow me up.

 

Still clueless about what I could do, I just bowed to her several times before dashing away.

 

 

---

 

 

“You did what?” Tao asked, bursting into laughter. I repeated what I had just said, causing him to laugh even harder.

 

I was just hanging out with my friends at the school's courtyard.

 

“Dude. Oh my god. I still can't believe it.” He wiped away the tears that had gathered in the corner of his eye when he had laughed his head off.

 

“I can't believe it either...” I said, rubbing my temples.

 

I sighed as I felt Luhan's hand on my shoulder, “Kris, you just made my day.” He was having a hard time not to fall on the ground and roll, I could easily see that.

 

“I know it's embarrassing, okay? Stop laughing, you monks!” I said grumpily before standing up.

 

“I'm going. Still have classes,” I mumbled and walked away. Glancing back I saw that my friends waved me, still lying on the ground and laughing out loud.

 

My mood being down, I went back to the school building.

 

 

As I entered the classroom, all the voices became quiet, almost inaudible. I closed the door and quickly went to my seat.

 

Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair.

 

What a day.

 

Just as I removed my hand from my hair, the girls let out their squeals. I wanted to sigh again, but I concluded that another sigh would probably make their ovaries 'go boom' even more, so I just mentally did it.

 

The teacher came and I wanted to give him my gratitude for telling the girls, who had been standing around me like I was some circus attraction, to go back to their seats.

 

School quickly ended and I called Tao and told him that I wasn’t going to hang out with them today. I simply wasn’t in the mood. I wanted to crawl into my bed- no I just wanted to turn back time and undo what had happened.

 

I may seem like some arrogant, cold and self-confident guy, but in fact I was a bit shy. My friends would probably laugh their heads off hearing this, but it was true.

 

I was not only a shy, but also an awkward fellow who couldn’t handle embarrassing situations. And what happened to me was probably the most embarrassing thing of the century.

 

I, Wu Yi Fan aka Kris, had just turned down a non-existent confession from a stranger.

 

Ridiculous, huh? I know.

 

Lost in all my thoughts, I dashed out of school, straight to the train stop. I was so lost, I didn’t even notice that I had bumped into someone.

 

I would have walked away, not noticing it, if not for a small and kind of cute whimper that made me stop and turn around.

 

I think my jaw dropped five inches when I recognized the figure I had bumped into.

 

This must be fate.

 

Still aghast, I looked in the eyes of the girl I had turned down, or not, however you want to call it, today.

 

She must be fated to make me feel embarrassed for my whole life.

 

 

 

Sooo first chapter is up ;)

Hope you enjoyed it, comments and subscribers are loved <3

and to the 3 subscribers who already subbed even before I put up the first chapter, thanks ;) I hope this chapter didn't disappoint you.

Ah to the readers who know me from Heart of Ice, I'm sorry I didn't update because I was busy, going out with friends and stuff.

I really enjoyed writing this, who knows, mabye this will get longer than planned (it already got ._.)