Chapter 3

BitterSweet Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why am I here?”

Yunho questioned himself for the umpteenth time and came up blank. Yunho had still been awake when he had heard someone moving around in the apartment. Curious as to the identity of the person, he sneaked up to his door and peaked. It only took him a moment to recognize that the person was none other than JaeJoong. From his vantage point, he saw Jae put on his shoes and then exit the apartment. A look at the clock confirmed the late hour. Purely on instinct, Yunho instantly got ready, collected his car keys and without further delay followed Jae. He wasn’t sure what prompted him to do it but here he was, sitting in his car parked outside an exclusive club that Jae had entered not too long ago. Yunho didn’t know what he hoped to accomplish by following Jae but he still could bring himself to leave. Why was Jae here? Was he meeting an acquaintance? A friend....or perhaps a lover?

His hands involuntarily tightened around the steering wheel at the thought of Jae meeting a lover. He knew he sounds be concerned about such things anymore but it was impossible not to react. Jae was after all his first serious love and even though things hadn’t worked out between them, he still held a special place in his heart. Those memories they had created in the past were slowing coming alive. The shy laugh, the intense eyes, those luscious lips waiting to be kissed….STOP! Yunho reprimanded himself. He couldn’t allow himself to go the past again. His present was Boa not JaeJoong; especially not this JaeJoong…never this JaeJoong.

Suddenly he saw a familiar figure stumble out of the club. JaeJoong seemed flustered as he talked on phone. Yunho didn’t know what he was saying but it didn’t seem like anything good if the frown on his face was something to go by. Yunho watched as Jae ended his call and got into his car. Yunho waited for him to drive out of the parking lot before starting his care and following suit.

 

JaeJoong was beyond angry. He had underestimated Soo Man. He thought he had won when SM Entertainment was overtaken. However, it seemed that wasn’t the case and if he and Youn-Je fail to come up with a plan, they both could risk losing the control over the company. Jae couldn’t let that happen. The company would never again fall in the hands of that bastard. Without caring about the speed limits, Jae rushed to Youn-Je’s residence. This matter needed to be resolved.

On reaching his destination, he parked his car without much care and rushed to the entrance of the house. The butler (yes the guy had a freaking butler) let him inside and directed him to wait in the living room while he informed the boss of his arrival. A few moments later, Youn-Je arrived.

“You sure are fast.” He commented amusingly.

“What are we going to do?”

Youn-Je chuckled. “You haven’t changed a bit. No pleasantries or anything…just straight to business.” He walked to the liquor cabinet located in the corner of the room as he poured drinks for both him and Jae. “The situation is worse than you think.”

“What do you mean?”

“Hyungyu told you that his father had to buy more than 45% to gain the control when in reality he only has to acquire more than 22.5% of the shares.” Youn-Je answered as he took the drinks and walked back to where JaeJoong stood. “Here, you need this.”

JaeJoong looked at the offered drink as if it didn’t make sense. “22.5%?”

Youn-Je sighed and placed the discarded drink on a nearby table as he explained, “Aren’t you forgetting that the 45% of the shares is divided between the two of us? That means the highest percentage of shares owned by a shareholder is 22.5% not 45% as most believe.”

“What do we do then?”

“Well the only thing in our favor right now is that Soo Man doesn’t know about it but it won’t be long before he becomes aware of this information. So, we must change the sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter