Torned Up Love

Roads Untraveled

"Give up your heart left broken
And let that mistake pass on
'Cause the love that you lost wasn't worth what it cost
And in time you'll be glad it's gone"

When I hear the word "LOVE", it's something that you can't trade for material things or something you can get without the charges. Yeah, it's true, but nothing is more valuable than the love from the family because this is where you feel that sense of belongingness. In my case, I don't have a family now. I'm just the lone Chester Kim walking through the darkness. Until moments later, I found a light whom I can look upon and bring me to joy. That person was a lovely girl, and her name is Ailee.

--AILEE'S POV--

I first met Chester when he was sitting alone in the park bench. He was in a depression state and I think it's because of the loss of his loved ones. So, I comforted him and told him that... 

 

**FLASHBACK**

Ailee: I understand of what you're dealing with right now, but let me tell you this. I can help you heal those wounds.

Chester: Really, how would you do that?

Ailee: *patched band-aid on Chester's chest* There. All better.

Chester: This is ridiculous. I never had a scratch on that part.

Ailee: Come on, Oppa. *giggles* Think about this, sooner or later, those wounds will be gone, OK? *winks*

Chester: *sigh* Alright.

**FLASHBACK END**

--CHESTER'S POV--

She is sweet, innocent and understanding when I met her for the first time. Imagine that a silly action she did helped me forget all those painful memories. But I still kinda remember my Mom used to patch my wounds when I was a kid, she told me that these wounds were one of the stages of a person's strength and she was right about it. Anyway, it was really my first time to fall in love to a girl. Though I'm not kind of a romantic guy just like in some stupid fairy tales, I can prove to myself that I can be her better man deserving to capture her heart. At first, she thought that I was a man with a cold heart. Sure, let's say I'm like that. But when it comes to loving a person, that's where my soft spot lands. 

 

Those romantic moments with Ailee was the greatest pleasure I had in my entire life. From those dinner dates up to those lovely stroll in the park (or anywhere we want to), we've spent those moments with the smiles on our faces and our love for each other. But then I realized, love can trigger side effects once the truth starts to unfold.

--AILEE'S POV--

Chester didn't knew that I had a fiance whom I will marry soon. Jaebeom was missing for a long time ago and this loneliness I had is shaking down to my nerves, so I loved Chester because of the need to be with someone while he's gone for a long time. Five years later, my prayer has finally answered. Jaebeom has finally returned and it was the greatest blessing that I ever had in my life. Now that I've finally found the man I truly love, I have to do the most painful thing I haven't done before, and that is to tell Chester the truth.

**FLASHBACK**

Ailee: Chester, I haven't told you this a long time ago. And now, it's the right time I have to say it.

Chester: Go ahaed, Ailee my dear. I'm ready to listen.

Ailee: Promise me, Chester. Promise me you'll never be mad at me or made you affected.

Chester: What are you talking about? I can accept it whatever you'll say.

Ailee: It's not what you've usually expected to hear from me.

Chester: What? What's the thing that you want to tell me?

Ailee: I'm going to be married soon and you're not the man that I'm going to marry.

**FLASHBACK END**

--CHESTER'S POV--

I was silent when she said it. I really thought that she'll express my love for me but NO! She's going to be married to another man. 

**FLASHBACK**

Chester: *shock in awe*

Ailee: I'm sorry, Chester. *sobs* I have to do it, because I don't want to break the promise that I said to him.

Chester: You're kidding me, right?

Ailee: No, I'm serious to that. You know what, I do love you. *sobs* But my mind told me that I have to end this relationship.

Chester: That's not true, Ailee! Tell me it's not true!

Ailee: Goodbye, Chester.  I guess I'll see you at our wedding. 

Chester: Ailee, WAIT! COME BACK! IT'S ALL LIE! A LIE, RIGHT? NO! COME BACK TO ME! AILEEEEE!

**FLASHBACK END**

This is how our love story ended. It ended up in a shocking truth, the truth that set her free leaving me wounded on my first heartbreak. And you know what I've learned in this ridiculous thing called love, is to never love again once she breaks your heart. Relationships are for losers and don't expect happy endings just like on those fairy tales which showed me idiotic interpretations about true love. Bottomline, I threw out every love junks I recieve from Ailee. Then, I poured it with gas and tossed a lighted matchstick to it. I've watched those pictures and love letters burn...

 

...the flames swallowed every piece of memory I had with that girl until it finally turned to ashes. Yeah, I'm finally glad it's over and she's no more...  as in definitely NO MORE. Whoever is that sick guy she's going to marry, I do hope and pray that she'll be happy along with the man she truly love.