I Met an Angel

Roads Untraveled

--AUTHOR'S POV--

As Chester is suffering depression because of the loss of his friend, his past keep haunting him by recalling some experiences to the people he lost.

"...you're the greatest soldier your dad has ever trained"

"...sooner or later, those wounds will be gone, OK"

"....but my mind told me that I have to end this relatonship" (echo the word "end this relationship")

"...if life gives you storm, turn it to rainbow"

**random chatter**

Chester: No! THIS ISN'T HAPPENING! MAKE..IT...STOP!

"I'm really sorry, Chester... there's only one thing I'd like to tell you"

"Goodbye, Chester. I guess I'll see you at the wedding"

"In war, no one fights alone.:

"Sa..rang..hae!" 

**increased high pitched sound on Chester's head**

Chester: AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! AAAGGGGGHHHH!

--CHESTER'S POV--

I lost everything I had, my parents, my brother and even the girl I've loved the most. What's left in this stupid life for me now? Oh yeah, I know what's left... SADNESS, MISERY AND A CHUNK FULL OF SORROWS! IS THIS WHAT LIFE REALLY MEANS? THAT'S RIDICULOUS! IF THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG IN THIS WORTHLESS WORLD, THAT'S MY OWN FATE. I guess this happens for a reason BUT HOW STUPID THE REASON WAS? IT WAS AS STUPID AS PEOPLE BELIEVE IN HOPE, IN DESTINY AND IN HAPPINESS. I guess I'm through with this because I'm so tired, and I even do realize that life isn't fair after all. I hate this.. I hate this... *Chester staarting to faint because of depression* I hate... this. I... hate.... *faints*

--SOOYOUNG'S POV--

Ahh... how great my day was. Sure, it was tiring but I must say that I did a great job in perking up my customers not only because of the coffee, but it's because of my freshly-brewed smile I gave to them everyday. Well, I guess I have to head back home to have some rest. Suddenly, as I was walking down the street, I saw a guy lying on the floor.

Sooyoung: *shock in awe* Oh my goodness! *went towards to Chester* Oppa, wake up! Are you OK, mister? Wake up! Wake up! 

Hmm... I guess he was unconscious, so I picked him up and carried him all the way to my house. 

--CHESTER'S POV--

I've finally gained my consciousness, but something weird happened to me. The last time I remembered is that I was lying on the floor, haunting me with my memories. And now, I'm inside the house of an angel who saved me.

Chester: *awaken* Uhh... What happened? What the.. HEY! How come I've been here?

Sooyoung: Shhh... You're tired, oppa. Why don't you go to sleep now? Here, let me sing you a lullaby. 

She was humming to the tune of the song that reminds me of someone. I can't remember the title, but I'm sure it has something to do with my past. Her sweet and soothing tune put me to sleep and everytime I hear it, I feel that my mind is drifting somewhere. 

--THE NEXT DAY--

--SOOYOUNG'S POV--

While that cute and handsome oppa is still asleep, I've cooked some breakfast. I'm preparing the best Galbi (grilled short ribs) topped with egg, Cold cucumber soup and of course, Kimchi :) cooked the prettiest and the sweetest chef, Sooyoung. Oh, I think he's awake. He's gonna be so surprised with my special breakfast.

Chester: *awaken* Seriously, What just happened? 

Sooyoung: GOOD MORNING, OPPA! *giggles* It's nice that you're awake so I made you some breakfast.

Chester: *in a plain mood* Oh.. that's great. What do we got?

Sooyoung: I've prepared fresh cooked Galbi in steamed rice topped with egg, cold cucumber soup and best of all, the spicy yet delicious KIMCHI! *aegyo voice then smiles* I hope you like it, Sooyoung style.

Chester: Tch. Cool. That's delicious. I'm not hungry anyway. Wait, who or what on Earth is Sooyoung?

Sooyoung: That's me! *giggles* I'm the one who brought you here because I saw you lying on the floor last night and I think you were unconscious.

Chester: The name's Chester, Chester Kim. And would you please stop doing those cutesy stuff? It's annoying.

Sooyoung: Aww.. come on. You must be hungry. Here, let me fix that for you.

Chester: No, Sooyoung. I'm not hungry.

Sooyoung: I can feel your stomach, oppa. You know you wanna eat.

Chester: *stomach rumbles* Uuurrgh. OK, you win.

Sooyoung: Here we go. *scooped the soup with the spoon* Open wide, Chester. Here comes the spaceship. *imitates the ship's engine*

Chester: *opens his mouth wide and ate the soup* 

Sooyoung: Mmm... mmm... mm... There you go, oppa.

Chester: My goodness, the soup's awesome. 

Sooyoung: WOW! *aegyo voice* You do like it? Awww... that's so nice of you!

Chester: Yeah. Hey, can I eat all of these myself?

Sooyoung: Sure. No problem. *smiles to Chester*

--CHESTER'S POV--

By the moment I took my first sip on that soup, I stopped for a while because I kinda remember my childhood memory. It was the time about how I got sick for the first time and my mom is feeding me with her delicious chicken soup.

Sooyoung: Chester, is there something wrong?

Chester: Nah. You reminded me about my mom.

Sooyoung: Your what?

Chester: Well, she used to feed me with chicken soup every time I'm sick. And boy, her recipe was delicious.

Sooyoung: Great. So, where is she now?

Suddenly, my mood slightly changed. It's not because I didn't like her question but it's the painful memory she accidentally opened up to talk about.

Chester: You shouldn't have asked me that.

Sooyoung: Huh? Why not?

Chester: ...

Sooyoung: Come on, Chester. There's nothing wrong about it. 

Chester: My mom... 

Sooyoung: Yeah?

Chester: She's gone.

--SOOYOUNG'S POV--

I was shocked about what happened to his mother. He told me that she died because of a heart attack and it was the same thing happened to his dad. 

Sooyoung: Oh my, that's so painful.

Chester: Yeah. And Mike was there to comfort me. But... *starts to cry* but...

Sooyoung: Oppa...

Chester: I WAS SO FREAKIN' STUPID I LET HIM GO! 

Sooyoung: Chester oppa, don't say that!

Chester: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LOSE A FRIEND DO YOU? Mike... Mike wasn't just my friend *crying* HE WAS MY ONLY BROTHER! *crying* my... only family that I had. AND NOW... HE DIED ON THAT STUPID PLANE CRASH! And you know the worst part is...? It happened on the day of my birthday. 

Sooyoung: It's alright, oppa. Everything happens for a...

Chester: No.. no... NO! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? THESE THINGS HAPPENED BECAUSE OF MY STUPIDITY!

Sooyoung: *slapped Chester on his right cheek with her slightly furious look* Chester Kim. Don't you ever... say those ridiculous things. *then turned into innocent mood* OK? *hugs Chester*

--CHESTER'S POV--

From the moment she slapped me, I woke up from that illusion. I guess it's really hard for me to really forget all those painful memories inside my head. And to evaluate her actions, she did that because she's trying to help me. I will be left alone lying on the floor for a long time if she didn't care about me, but her kindness gave me an opportunity to rise above my anxiety. Despite of my regretful thoughts I had, she's always there for me to listen to what my heart is speaking right now.