Mike Shin

Roads Untraveled

**FLASHBACK**

Mike: Hey man, got your first heartbreak I see.

Chester: Yeah. It was the worst lovelife ever.

Mike: You know Chester,  some people have gone through those kind of failures. But those things don't stop them to move on and find a new light.

Chester: YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL, MAN! I lost my parents then the the girl I love left me! What on Earth am I now, huh? I'm nothing!

Mike: You're totally wrong, dude. Don't you know that you still have me?

Chester: What?

Mike: Come on, Chester. We're best of friends and our brotherhood is solid. No matter how intense the battle will be, I'm always with you, bro. In war, no one fights alone. Hooah?

Chester: Hooah!

*fist bumps each other as a sign of friendship*

**FLASHBACK END**

I must say, Mike Shin is really the best brother slash friend I ever had in my life since Day 1. Whenever I'm down, he's always there to pick me up. And when problems arise, we work together to solve it. In short, we're like a tag team just like a pair of wrestlers fighting in the ring.

 

It's very nostalgic for me to look back those awesome childhood memories I had with him. From our greatest yet crazy adventures...

**FLASHBACK**

Young Chester: Hey Mike, I think I found a delicious chocolate!

Young Mike: Dude, that's not a chocolate.

Young Chester: What are you talking about? 

Young Mike: That's a dog poop. Those things are disgusting.

Young Chester: Disgusting? I don't believe you, man. I'm going pick one and *picked it up and smelled it* Aww.. sick! IT IS DOG POOP!

Young Mike: I told you.

**FLASHBACK END**

Playing as soldiers...

**FLASHBACK**

Young Chester: Bravo 1-1, this is Alpha 1-1! I'm taking heavy fire, need backup! Over.

Young Mike: Alpha 1-1, this is Bravo 1-1. I'm coming... Over.

**FLASHBACK END**

And the best part is... downhill bike racing.

**FLASHBACK**

Mike: Yo, Chester. Let's have a bike race just like the old times.

Chester: Sure. Same rules. That tree over there is our finish line. Whover get there first, wins.

Mike: Sure, *starts his bike* see you at the finish line, loser!

Chester: Hey! WAIT FOR ME, MIKE!

Mike and Chester: YEAAAAAAHHHH!

**FLASHBACK within a FLASHBACK**

Young Mike and Chester: WOOOHOOOOOO!

Young Mike: Hey Chester! Should you change your name to Slowster?

**FLASHBACK within a FLASHBACK END**

Chester: Oh yeah? Let's see who's crying like a girl. *laughs*

*Chester and Mike laughed at each other*

**FLASHBACK END**

Sure, it was kinda fun. But the most important value we learned from our 10 years of friendship is...

**FLASHBACK**

 

Mike: When troubles come in our way..

Chester: Brothers, together we will stay.

Mike: THE BROTHERHOOD FIST?

Chester: THE BROTHERHOOD FIST!

*fist bumps*

**FLASHBACK END**

Mike was the only person I could really depend on because he was like my brother. He was there for me through the the good times and the bad, through all the joy and the sorrow and through failures and victories. No matter how strong the storm come to us, we're always sticking together and never leave each other.

 

Seven years later, all those happy memories had come to an end. In just a blink of an eye, my best friend was gone. The last time I've talked to him was the moment that he's greeting me an advance Happy Birthday. He told me that he'll be returning to Korea after his week-long vacation in the U.S.. But, it was the saddest birthday I had when I suddenly found out that he died on a plane crash. I could  have been destroyed my TV and released my anger as I've watched the news, and even though I can control myself, there's still the sorrow I had deep inside. It's really painful for me because I lost someone who treated me like a brother, someone who has been with me in times of those hardcore moments and someone who can make me stand tall and cheer me up. I couldn't imagine how things go this way and I do believe that these things aren't my fault after all, I guess this was part of my greatest trials that I had right now. Wait, why do I care about these stupid life challenges? I'M STARTING TO GIVE UP, FOR GOOD SAKE! WHO'S GOING TO HELP ME NOW? WHO?