Tears Behind Those Cheers

Roads Untraveled

--LATER THAT NIGHT--

--CHESTER'S POV--

I'm finished eating my dinner and I heard some crying and it's coming near the bedroom. I slightly opened the door and it was unexpected for me because this time, I saw Sooyoung crying. She was a cheerful and a happy person when I first met her, but I never saw her weeping because of some kind of sorrow she had.  I don't know what's the reason behind this so I have to comfort her not as Chester Kim, but as Chester the Cobra. I've thought of that approach because I knew that she loves happy things. 

 

And so here I go, I've placed my green sock puppet to my left arm and slowly approached her.

Chester the Cobra: Awww... why's my beautiful Sooyoung crying?

Sooyoung: *sniffles* Chester? You came for me?

Chester the Cobra: Yes, it's me, Chester. But I'm not the cool guy you brought here yesterday because I'm Chester the Cobra, and I came here to tell me all your problems. You can call me Mr. Cobra if you wish.

Sooyoung: *sobbing* Well, Mr. Cobra. I'm sorry I haven't told you this before.

Chester the Cobra: Oh, come on. It's no big deal for me. I'm listening.

Sooyoung: You see, I do had a bright and cheerful personality and I knew it all along. But when I think about the past. it feels like there's something that reminds me.

Chester the Cobra: OK, then why cry about it?

Sooyoung: It's... it's.. *starts crying* my childhood.

Chester the Cobra: *shows symphaty* Aye-ye-ye. 

Sooyoung: It's true, Mr. Cobra. Chester wasn't the only one that had the worst memory. Mine is the worse.. I say it again, MINE IS THE WORSE! *crying*

Chester the Cobra: How can you say that yours is the worse than his?

Sooyoung: When I was 5, I grew up in a broken family. My parents were divorced and my mom was the only one taking care of me. I was so lucky because I was loved by my mom but seven years ago, *still crying* she died because of cancer. Now, no one's takng care of me but I still managed to live alone. *still crying* You know how it's ard for me to survive when you got no shelter, little food and live in this cold-hearted world. *crying loudly*

I looked at her coffee shop uniform and I was curious how she got the job.

Chester the Cobra: Sooyoung.

Sooyoung: *sniffles* Yes?

Chester the Cobra: How did you get a job as a coffee shop waitress?

Sooyoung: Well, to continue my story. My life has changed when I tried to get a job on a coffee shop where I'm working right now. At first, I started there as a dishwasher but later on my boss promoted me and became an official waitress of the coffee shop. *crying* Im so happy that I got this blessing after the years of my suffering.

Chester the Cobra's job is over. Now it's my turn to comfort her.

Chester: *hugs Sooyoung* You know what, you're so lucky after all, unlike me.

Sooyoung: *sniffles* Is that so? Well, that's nonsense. You were so lucky because you have me.

Chester: What?

Sooyoung: Helping you dealing with your sorrows was the greatest thing I did to make myself happy, and I do realized that all of these darkest moments are just part of our lives and who knows, it might turn into happy memories someday,

Chester: Yeah. You were right about it, and I guess I have to be thankful for it. Hey, remember the lullaby that you hummed when I was asleep?

Sooyoung: Mmm.... Yeah.

Chester: I wanna sing it because it was a song my bestfriend, Mike sang to me when I'm dealing with tmy problems. Hehe.. I guess I remember the whole lyrics of it and it goes like this...

**Roads Untraveled song is sung by Chester (get the first two verse only because the last verse will be a surprise)**

Chester:"♫ Weep not the roads untraveled, weep not the paths left alone...♫"

**FLASHBACK**

Mike: "♫ Cause beyond every bend is a long..."

**FLASHBACK END**

Chester:"♫ ...blinding end, it's the worst kind of pain I've known. ♫"

Sooyoung: Omo. I don't you know you had a good voice.

Chester: Thanks. You know this song, too.

Sooyoung: Yeah.

Chester: Then, would you mind singing the second verse? I'll sing with you afterwards.

Sooyoung: Sure.

Then she started to sing the verse, and boy... how angelic her voice was.

Sooyoung: "♫ Give up your heart left broken, and let that mistakes pass on... ♫"

Chester and Sooyoung: "♫ Cause the love that you lost/wasn't worth what it cost, and in time you'll be glad is gone ♫"

I looked upon her eyes for the reason that I wanna share all my moments with her...

--SOOYOUNG'S POV--

After all the things I did to him, my heartbeat is slightly beating and I think this means that I'm falling in love. I thought he was the first one to tell his feelings for me but it turns out that I did first. When the time is right and he still thinks of me, I will have to say something he'll be glad to hear.