Begin

Why Did I fall in Love With You?

 

Chapter 2

 

"Mom I already said I can't",Joomyun whined
"But sweetheart you have to be here for your father's ceremony,this is something very important to him and you should be here to share it with him,with us"the person on the other side of the line told him
Joonmyun stopped to think about what his mother was saying.It was all true,the day after tomorrow was when his father had an acceptance ceremony,he was receiving an award for all the years and efforts he spent on the chain of hotels he owned.
"I guess I can make an effort"He told his mother
"Great honey!We'll send someone to go pick you up"
"No mom,I know my way around just fine,I'll see you then"
And with that he hung up.He needed to start packing,honestly, he didn't have to pack much since he wasn't planning on staying longer than what was necessary.He got up and went to get the smallest luggage he could find.Once he found it, he went over to his closet and packed some clothes.Satisfied he closed it and set it by his door,now all he needed was to book his flight.That was the challenging part,not only because of the date of his flight but also because he wanted it for a round trip so that his mother wouldn't make him stay longer.He would have an excuse to comeback in four days,nothing more.He spent half of his morning trying to get his ticket the way he wanted it,but it was useless.He then settled for a regular ticket,his mind already turning all its screws to find an excuse to return as soon as it was possible.
Joonmyun swore he was over Kris and since he was over him there was no need to keep his nickname 'Suho',so he decided to go by his real name Joonmyun.
 
Finally it was time to go and he was kind of nervous.He couldn't really point out why but he felt uneasy.The thoughts of Kris had started pulling on his heart strings again.
Noo just go away
He was so deep in thought that he didn't realize it was almost landing time.
All passengers please prepare for landing by staying in your seats and wearing your seat belts.
Oh damn already here...
Soon Joonmyun was in a cab on his way home.He was actually looking forward to seeing his parents,only for a few days though.Ever since he was a teen his mom had turned nosy and always poked her nose into his business,asking if he had someone special or if he was ready for a child,saying how he didn't need to get married to give her a grandchild.
He sighed and payed the cab.He was now standing outside of his parents' house and turning around running away was a thought running through his mind.
"Suho dear!!"Oops too late
"Hey mom"
She pulled him in for a bone crushing hug."Oh, how I've missed you dear!It's been so long since we last saw you"
"Mom you just saw me this Thanksgiving"he said trying to break free
"Lets go see your father I'm sure he'll be more than glad to see you've payed us a visit"
After greeting his father Joonmyun went to get settled in his old room.It was still the same as when he had left it.He laid down on the bed before he drifted off to sleep.
☆彡
It was morning and Joonmyun headed down for breakfast.In the dining room he saw both of his parents.
"What are your plans for today,Suho dear?"
"It's Joonmyun, mom"
"Ah yes you've dropped your cute nickname now,but tell me what do you plan to do now that you've returned ?"
"I don't know, I guess I'll go into town and be back to get my things ready for tonight"he shrugged
"Oh that's great dear,since you're going into town do you mind if I come along?I need to go get some things too"She flashed him her angel-like smile,people always told him that's where he had gotten his wonderful smile from..

 

They drove into town and just as they got out his mother went over to a middle aged lady and what appeared to be her son,her really tall son,leaving him all alone by the car.
"Oh Mei, it's so good to see you again!"
"Wait Mei?As in-"Joonmyun wasn't able to finish
"And Kris!My,you grew up to be a handsome young man!"
Kris had in fact grown into a handsome man.Far too handsome to go unnoticed.He was tall,lean and his hair had gotten a lighter shade,making him look absolutely stunning.Joonmyun couldn't help but let his eyes roam over the handsome figure more than once.
"Joonmyun dear,come say hi"
Gr
eat just what he needed.He hesitantly walked over to where his mother was.
"Oh my goodness is that you Suho?"Kris' mother Mei,adjusted her glasses to take a better look.
Joonmyun bowed to her.
"My you've grown so pretty"she smiled
Now it was Kris' turn to stare at the pretty boy before him.It had been years since he last saw the boy,his best friend.He didn't know he had turned this pretty.
Has he ever heard of sunlight? he thought
"I hope you remember Kris,I remember how close you two were.You had to be together for everything!"
Joonmyun shyly took a glance in Kris' direction and found him to be staring directly at him.He quickly turned away.
"Minrae how about we go eat something together?"
"That sounds great,I'll see you later sweetheart,you too Kris, take care"
His mother said as she abandoned him.
"I will,thank you Mrs. Kim"Kris slightly bowed to Joonmyun's mother.
Great,thank you for leaving me here all alone,Joonmyun thought
"Uh,I'm sorry but I have things to do,take care"Joonmyun hurriedly said trying to escape as fast as he possibly could...but it was not enough,at least for Kris
"Suho wait!"
"My name's Joonmyun,not Suho"he said bitterly,and it came out a lot more sour than he had intended
"What?Why?You loved that nickname, I never once called you by your real name"
Joonmyun forced a chuckle,"Yeah you said it, I loved that nickname,not anymore Kris, a lot of things changed"
Kris couldn't believe his ears,he thought that when the time came to meet his guardian again they would give each other a big huge hug and catch up.He never thought that Joonmyun,as he now went by,would not even want to be in his very presence.What had gone wrong?
"What went wrong Suho?We were the best of friends,we practically couldn't live without each other...or was it only me that thought that?"
Really? WE couldn't live without each other?Last time I checked you decided to leave me,your ,bestest friend for some girl!!
That's what Joonmyun wanted to scream,but of course he didn't,there was no point, in a few days he would never,ever see him again.
"Look Kris, I don't have a lot of time for this right now I have to get ready for the awards ceremony tonight"
And with those words said he walked away
He cursed himself for allowing his heart to race again just because of Kris.He cursed the awards ceremony and he cursed Kris for being so damn dumb and making his heart hurt,again.
On the other hand,Kris was not ready to let this go just like that.He had learned to get what he wanted and he was even more interested since it had to do with his guardian.He just couldn't believe how cold his friend had gotten,but he suspected that he had something to do with it.
Joonmyun went home and he tried to sink all his troubles by drowning himself in getting ready for the ceremony.He almost did drown when he saw the seating charts.Aside from his father and Kris' father sitting together in the front row,they were followed by their mothers and following them were him and Kris himself.
He tried to put up with it since it would be a one time only and this was very important to his father.He decided to get ready,put on his suit and bow,do his hair and walk out the door.There really wasn't much reason for him to exaggerate with dressing up.