...you untangle it by telling the truth

Paris Valentine

February 11– D3

Hyomin was still trying to shake off the ideas and thoughts going through her head the morning after she saw what happened in front of Sunny’s room door, well technically Tiffany’s.

Flashback

Hyomin was hopping her way to Sunny and Taeyeon’s shared hotel room, excited to finally see her girlfriend after a long day of not seeing or talking to each other when she heard soft voices almost whispering but loud enough for her to hear.

“Fany-ah I’m here for you” she heard a familiar voice.

She slowed down her pace and thought of turning back but decided to continue her way. Hyomin thought that she may also be able to help Tiffany since they’ve also been friends for quite some time now.

As she was 10 steps away from the Tiffany’s door which was three rooms away from Taeyeon and Sunny’s, she saw Sunny leaned in and kissed Tiffany. She wasn’t sure on where exactly Sunny’s lips landed but the fact the Sunny tiptoed for more than three seconds only meant what she did not want to think of.

Hyomin could no longer take watching the love of her life kiss another person besides herself even though she knew that the two had been bestfriends for so long and that Tiffany was with Taeyeon. Her knees felt weak as she took her steps away from the horrendous scene and back to her room then she heard Sunny’s loving voice.

“Baby, don’t cry anymore”

It was ironic how her tears started rolling down her cheeks when what Sunny said wasn’t meant for her.  The whole night Hyomin couldn’t comprehend what was happening. She came back to their room and covered herself with the blanket. It was clear to the other girls that she didn’t want to talk so they just left her there, silently crying herself to sleep.

End of Flashback

Hyomin still tried to make up scenarios in her head. Sunny may not have been kissing Tiffany. She couldn’t have. Tiffany and Taeyeon were having a fight and Sunny was gone the whole day with Taeyeon not Tiffany…right?

She didn’t want to doubt Sunny because she trusted her so much.  Hyomin knew that Sunny will never betray Taeyeon like that. But could Tiffany? All these thoughts were messing up with Hyomin’s head.  The knock on the door stopped her chain of thoughts.

Jiyeon opened the door and saw Sunny outside their room but didn’t let her in right away.

“Morning Jiyeonah.” Sunny was smiling brightly that it confused Jiyeon of what was happening even more.  Jiyeon greeted Sunny back and looked at Hyomin who was still lying down on her bed despite knowing the girl she wants to avoid is outside her room.

“Is Hyomin there?” asked Sunny innocently.

“Uhh unnie…Sunny unnie’s here…” Jiyeon really didn’t know what to do, whether to let Sunny in or lie for Hyomin, which unfortunately she could never do to Sunny, even if it was for Hyomin’s sake.

Hyomin didn’t say anything. She didn’t know what to say. So Jiyeon took that as a sign to let Sunny in so she did.

Sunny was confused why it took Jiyeon a long time to let her in the room when she usually doesn’t even need to say anything and the door’s already open for her. But today there was an awkward atmosphere around the room.

“I’m gonna go get some food unnies.” Jiyeon excused herself from the couple. It wasn’t the first time for her to see the two in a love quarrel but this one seemed a little different to her. It looked like as if Sunny didn’t know what was happening and nor did she. But Jiyeon figured that the two will work it out sooner or later like they always do. It would if the two have a massive fight just three days before Valentines Day, it would totally ruin Sunny’s plans, she thought.

--

“Is there something wrong? Do you feel sick?” Sunny broke the awkward silence they had.

Hyomin would usually start the conversation and is usually the energetic one but she seemed a little too quiet today. Way too quiet that she didn’t reply to Sunny’s question.

Sunny went closer to Hyomin’s bed where the tall girl was facing the huge window to check if she was okay.

“Sunny…do you love me?” Hyomin asked in a dead serious tone that she never uses, unless she really needs to.

Sunny was taken aback by Hyomin’s sudden question. Not  that she doesn’t say it enough to Hyomin but the fact that there was a weird atmosphere around the room and she knew that there was something wrong just by the sound of the latter’s tone.

“I do more than anything in the world.” she answer straight away.

“More than your own members?” asked Hyomin who was still facing the window.

Sunny didn’t know what to say. Hyomin never asks these kinds of questions. She didn’t understand why she would ask such question in the first place. Hyomin knew just how much Sunny loves SNSD, her family, her sisters and her bestfriends.

“Where is this coming from?” Sunny asked curiously.

“Just answer the question Sunny.” Hyomin finally faced Sunny. Her eyes were swollen and red from crying the whole night which made Sunny come closer to the bed and sit in front of her and cupped Hyomin’s face.

“Why are you crying?” Sunny tried to wipe Hyomin’s tears that she couldn’t stop from flowing but Hyomin took Sunny’s hands off her face and onto the bed, still holding them and begging Sunny to answer her question again.

“Please Sunny. Just answer my question.”

“I love them till infinity but I am, forever and beyond infinity, will always be in love with you.” That was the best way Sunny could put it.

Sunny leaned in and kissed Hyomin tender lips. It was sweet, not too long and not too short but just enough. Just like Sunny’s loving words which somehow reassured Hyomin and stopped her tears from flowing.

Sunny was still cupping Hyomin’s face and staring at those brown orbs still filled with tears when she asked why Hyomin doubted her love for her.

“It’s not that. It’s just that…last night…” Hyomin couldn’t come up with the words to describe what she saw the night before.

“last night…?” Sunny hinted Hyomin to continue.

“I saw you and Fany…”

Hyomin thought that was enough for Sunny to know what she was talking about but apparently it wasn’t.

“aha?” said she the short girl.

“I saw you kissed her” it was so hard for Hyomin to say those words but she managed to say them without stuttering while still facing Sunny.

“How?” Sunny was curious on how on earth did Hyomin see her kiss Tiffany.

“What do you mean how?” Hyomin got even more confused and angry that Sunny would ask that instead of admit it or deny it.

“I mean, I kissed Tiffany’s forehead when she went to bed. How could you possibly see that and why are you getting jealous of that?”

“Wait—What? Fany’s forehead? Just forehead?”

“Uhh yeah. What else would it be?”

“But…I saw you two. Outside Fany’s room. You kissed her. Di-didn’t you? You even tiptoed for more than three seconds…you only do that with me”

Sunny bursted out laughing, which made Hyomin mad even more.

“You thought I would kiss that mushroom behind your back? I was just helping the idiot get an eyelash off her eyes. That tends to happen when she cries too much.”

Because Hyomin trusted Sunny so much she believed her words. She knew that Sunny will never cheat on her in the first place.

“To clear all the misunderstandings, do you want me tell you the whole story?” asked Sunny.

“Please do” Hyomin was now wiping her own tears, feeling stupid for jumping into conclusions.

“Ok so this is how it went…”

Flashback

Sunny followed Tiffany and saw Qri on the way to T-ara members’ rooms.

“Annyeonghaseyo unnie” greeted Sunny.

“Oh annyeong Sunny-ah. Are you on your way to meet Hyominah?”

“Uh…yeah but I have to take care of something first.”

“Ah, alright I won’t tell her then. That girl has been worrying about you the whole day, we keep telling her you’ll be fine but pabo is pabo. Well anyway, I’ll see you around then.”

“Yeah I kind of feel bad for not seeing right when I came back but I will soon. See yah unnie”

The two waved to each other and parted ways.  Thankfully Tiffany was walking ten times slower than she usually does and just when she was about to close the door of her room, someone stopped it using her foot.

“Aiyaa that hurts!”

“S—sunnyah?” sobbed Tiffany. She wished it was Taeyeon who ran after her but realised it was her other danshin bestfriend.

“Taeyeonah made you cry again? Ah sincha that girl. Don’t worry, I already talked to her.”

Tiffany cried even harder when Sunny mentioned the other danshin’s name but suddenly stopped when she felt something went into her right eye.

“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!” complained Tiffany.

“Hey are you okay?”

“Something went in my eye.”

“Aigoo. Is it an eyelash again? Well that obviously states you’ve been crying way too much. Here let me help you”

Sunny tiptoed and leaned in to blow the eyelash out Tiffany’s eyes.

“There.”

“Kumawo Sunny-ah.”

“It’s okay, I always have to do that for you anyway”

“No, not just for this but for everything you’ve done for me and Taeyeon”

“You guys are my bestfriends. Although I know it’s completely normal to have little fights in relationships sometimes it’s better to solve it right away or even it better, try to avoid it as much as you can so I can always see you guys happy and not like this.”

“I know Sunnyah”

“Anyways, you should go have some sleep and think things through okay? You know how much Taeyeon loves you.” Sunny walked Tiffany to her bed and tucked her inside the latter’s pink blanket.

Just when Sunny was about to leave, Tiffany held her arm to stop the shorter girl from leaving.

“Could you stay for a little bit?”

Sunny nodded and sat on the bed next to Tiffany. It didn’t take that long when Tiffany fell asleep. Sunny was also dozing off but woke up from the thought the she hasn’t seen Hyomin all day. She looked at her phone to check the time.

“12 am. Shoot! They’re probably asleep already”

Sunny tiptoed her way out and texted Hyomin right away.

To Hyominnie  <3

Hyominah, biyanada I didn’t get to see you today. Had to take care of some things. I at least wanted to give you a good night kiss but you’re probably asleep already. If you see this later this morning, then good morning and I love you.

(Hyomin of course ignored the text, thinking that Sunny already gave the good night kiss to someone else)

End of Flashback

“then I went back to my room where Taeyeon was singing…in her sleep”

Hyomin’s serious face suddenly turned to a happy face. She knew that the world would have to end first before Sunny can ever do such thing but her mind last night just took over her.  

After few seconds of processing in Hyomin’s head and staring battle, Sunny broke the silence with her serious question.

“Did you really think cheat on you Hyominah?” Sunny stared at Hyomin’s eyes, trying to read her.

“Aniya… Bianhe. I don’t know what went into me last night.”

Sunny was pleased with Hyomin’s answer. She leaned in and kissed Hyomin, softly, tenderly and lovingly.

“I love you…no” Sunny said when they broke the kiss, their heads are still few inches apart. Hyomin was shocked to hear the last part till Sunny continued.

“…I am madly and deeply in love with you” she leaned in for another kiss but this time it was just like her love for Hyomin ‘madly’ and ‘deeply’.

When the two finally had to catch the breaths and stop kissing, Hyomin replied with a short yet sweet “Na do” and pecked Sunny’s now plumper than ever lips.

 

Author's Note: Bianhe for lag update, again. That was totally out of nowhere I was just  having 2NY feels lately and very Sunbyung deprived. But not to worry, there's an event next month with both T-ara and Soshi so hopefully I get my Sunbyung moment energiser. Thank you for the views and comments. Shall I dedicate D2 to TaeNy then?