Baby Peach Moves In

No One Puts Baby In A Corner

O.o o.O

Tao blinked uncertainly as he opened the door to the apartment, taking in the expanse of the living and dining area and open kitchen off to the side. It was obviously well lived in - cushions and a fuzzy blue throw were tossed carelessly on the sofa, and there were a stack of dirty dishes in the sink and littering the countertops.

Dragging in his huge suitcase further, he craned his neck for signs of life. “Hello?” he called softly.

“HEY!”

Tao jumped; the voice had come right next to his ear.

“You’re the new kid?” A boy with huge round eyes grinned at him. Another one stood further back, leaning against the open front door.

“Yes?”

“Is that a question?”

“Luhan, stop it. You’re Zitao, right?” The second boy moved forward, kicking the door closed and staring down at him.

“Tao is fine,” he said.

“Well, I’m Kris and I’m the dorm monitor to these ungrateful bastards.” Kris glared at Luhan who appeared unfazed and grinned back at him sunnily. “Let’s get you settled in first before you meet the rest of the crazies.” He grabbed the handle of Tao’s suitcase and made to drag it a couple inches across the floor.

“Ah, no, it’s okay,” Tao said, reaching for it immediately.

Luhan huffed, hands on his hips. “I could totally lift that no problem.”

“I’m sure you could,” Kris snarked, trying again with both hands as Luhan guffawed and disappeared into the first room on the right. “Jesus, kid, what you got in here? Dead bodies?” Kris relinquished his hold and Tao tugged at it, desperate to follow as he led him to the second room on the left. “Suho decorated your nameplate. He’s the dorm monitor next door.” He sighed. “Don’t even ask.”

Tao eyed the sparkling monstrosity. Somewhere under all that glitter was his name. “Okay,” he meeped.

“Today is fried chicken night in the canteen so we’ll be going down for dinner together at seven. Join us unless you have plans. You already have the info packet that Housing gave you. Any questions, come to me. If you have problems with the other s that live here, go to Suho next door. I really can’t be bothered with their drama.”

“Okay,” Tao said, at the same time that a huge shriek came from one of the middle rooms and the door flew open, a boy holding a giant giraffe plush barrelling out and another one chasing him, screaming at the top of his lungs.

“UNHAND HER AT ONCE!”

“NEVER!” shouted the first, and the two ran screaming out the door and down the hallway.

Tao stared.

Kris sighed. “Welcome to EXO.”

O.o o.O