Chapter 13

Our Complicated Love Story

Dara's POV 

I rubbed my arm as I felt the tense air around us.  

There were no people, or cars around to fill the awkward, thick atmosphere that was suffocating me.  

'So..' 

'Lets..' 

We both spoke at the same time again. We've been doing that for quite a while now. Right now, me and Jiyong were walking around not knowing what the hell to do. After ditching Seungri, and thank god we did, we have no clue on what to do next. 

'Maybe we should just go back.' I mumbled while kicking the stone on the floor. 

Then I heard the melodious tune that I loved since I was a little girl. It immediately lifted up my sprits. 

'Are you thinking what I am thinking?' Jiyong grinned his knowing smile at me. I nodded my head then started to sprint after the ice- cream van, with Jiyong screaming his head off. 

'WAIT!' He yelled louder trying to get heard. 

Finally the van stopped but Jiyong was so out of breath ( and out of shape), he dropped to the floor like a dead monkey. 

The ice cream man opened the window of his van as I hopped over Jiyong's passed out body. 

'Hello! What would you like?' He asked cheerfully. 

'Um... Big flake cone please.' 

'Sure, but what about your friend there...' 

'Ignore him, He had too much heat.' 

'That would be $2.50 please.' 

After I gave the money, the van vroomed off. Then only did Jiyong get up. 

'Where's the van?' He asked cluelessly. 

'It went.' 

'Ehhh..?!'  

'It we-' 

'I heard that but why didn't you stop it!' He whined while jumping up and down on the ground. 

Honestly, it was cute. 

'God gave you two hands and feet, you could've stopped it yourself.' I shrugged. 

'But I was tired and I want ice cream! He continued to whine further. 

'If you're going to whine even more, I am going to go home.' I muttered, irritated. As I turned my heels to go, I felt a pair of arms around my waist. 

I froze. 

'What are you doing?' I demanded. 

'...' 

'Just because I let you do this yesterday doesn't mean you can do it all the time.' 

'But I want ice cream.' 

I sighed in frustration. 'If I give you my ice cream, would you let me go?' 

'Yup!' 

I passed my melting ice cream to him and, thankfully, he let go. But that didn't mean he is forgiven for what he did so I turned around and kicked him in the balls. 

Hard. 

He doubled over in pain, and I almost felt sorry for him. He still had his ice cream on his hand. 

Then he looked at me with his tear filled puppy dog eyes. 

Fu*k you. 

I went over to help help him up when he pulled me down. 

'Haha! er!' He said as he stuck his tongue out and ran.  

'That..' I picked my self up and started to run after him. 

After running through many alleyways and dumpsters, I lost him. 

I thought He couldn't run! 

And how could he leave me on my own.  

Damn. 

Where am I? 

It was getting Dark soon. I walked more to find a way out.  

I regret ever coming out today. I freaking regret it!

At least, I know never to come out with Jiyong again. 

For a little sh*t like Ice cream, he ditched me. 

Now I feel sorry for Seungri. 

Karma seriously is a . 

When I get back to school, I am never going to ignore Seungri again. 

Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me. 

I gulped and ran, again.

"Wait!!" A voice cried out "Don't you want ice cream?!"

I stopped and turned around, recognizing that familiar voice.

"Jiyong! You scared the hell out of me!!" I slapped his arm

"Yah! I get you an ice cream and you repay me by hitting me?!"

I started feeling sorry for him and was about to apologise when I saw the half eaten ice cream!

"You bloody ate it!!" I hit him twice as hard this time as he cracked up

"Well, if you were as tempting as this ice cream, I wouldn't have ate it!" He wiggled his eyebrows as I groaned and started walking ahead of him

He shouted a 'wait' before following me.  Dork. Loser. Tosser. Fudging er.

Then I heard a cakle, a witchy cakle.

'What are you kids doing here at night?' A greasy snarl was heard. 

Jiyong and I gulped and nodded in confirmation. 

'After 3..' Whispered Jiyong. 

The footstep was getting closer. 

'1..

2..

3...

RUN!' 

To my surprise, he grabbed my hand and we ran for it. 

'WAIT! I have some sweeties!' The man came after us. 

'! Do you know where we are going?' I asked Jiyong, between breaths.

'No!' He was panting so hard. I seem to have forgotten about his lack of exercise, so I led the way, even though I had no idea where we were. Funnily enough, after all the twist and turns, we found out way out of the alleyways and were near the bridge of Han river. By now we had lost the man and found actual living people. 

When I had stopped, Jiyong was trying to catch his breath but due to fatigue,, he collapsed on the hard, concrete ground of Seoul. But the absolutely best part- please note my sarcasm, is, since we were still holding hands and he fell hard, I came down with him. I tried to get up but he was still holding my hands. 

'Jiyong!' I hissed. 

'Jiyong!' I said, louder this time. 'Get up! People are starting to notice two tired teenagers on the floor!' 

'Fine, I'm tired and hungry.' And as if on cue, his stomach growled. 'But I don't have my wallet, I lost it.' He gave me his irresistible puppy dog eyes that was so cute, but left me wanting to claw his eyes out. 

'Wow, you're a gentleman, letting the girl pay.' I rolled my eyes. 

'Well, since I don't see you as a girl, I don't give a rat's .' He replied with a smug smile. 

'Well, since you don't want to pay, I don't see you as a guy.' I mimicked, with the same smug smile. 'Also, if you don't see me as a girl, why are you still holding my hand. Possibly, are you... I don't know, gay?' 

With a dropped jaw, he immediately let go of my hand and stood up. 

'Let's just go back to school, our curfew is 8:30, which gives us 40 minutes to get back to school.' 

'Let's go but you didn't deny that you were gay, so I am going to assume that you are.' I smirked.  

He blushed a deep shade of crimson red, which made me want to pinch his cheek so much. Then he looked at me with a intense glare. 'First of all I am not gay- I like girls, Secondly, I have balls- if you want I can prove it to you so stop making fun of me.'  

I laughed when I saw him with puffed up cheeks. 

'I know, I was just messing with you.'  

After that we got a bus back to school. We rode the bus in a comfortable silence then got off. 

'Well see ya.' I waved at him. 

After a minute just waiting for him to say something, I turned my heels to go the opposite direction. 

'Wait!' 

I turned around to see him looking uncomfortable. 'Yes..?' 

'Since now we are... um.. friends,' He came closer, widening his arms. 'Can I, um, hug you?' 

Without waiting for my answer, he hugged me. And, honestly I felt uncomfortable and annoyed that he didn't wait for me to answer, but overall I felt warm and secure. Slowly I put my arms around his back and hugged him back. 

'Good night, Dara- chingu.' He said warmly. 

'Good night you weirdo!' I smirked and pulled out of the hug and walked away. 

As I was walking down the narrow corridors, I heard squealing and screaming of a girl and a laugh of a man. Panicking, I hurriedly rushed to find the door. Opening the door as calmly as possible, I hoped that nothing had happened to the girl. I peeked inside only to see the most shocking sight of Jaejoong-ssi and...

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hello, our lovely readers/ subscribers/ commenters. 

Sorry for the long wait and for the lame cliffhanger. And I fear it's not as funny as it could have been so, please be patient. There is more of the cringingly cheesy and romcom to come. 

Please look foward to it! 

^ ^

<3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'