Answers

Fine Line

 

The room is quiet. A ghost could come in the room and it would not even scare a soul. All eyes are on one person. 
 
Dara
 
She comes into the room after she was summoned by lawyer Choi. She knows that she is going to catch hell just standing in the room..but she is willing to take the risk. 
 
She walks over to a chair by  Judge Soh and takes a seat. Dr. Park is speechless and all he can do is just grit his teeth. Really the doctor wants to pull her out of the room because she is now capable of everything. 
 
"Hello Dara." Dong Wook smiles down at Dara. The woman smiles back with a weak smile. You can tell that she is nervous because her hands are clenched in her cotton shirt. "Dara came to my office a week ago and told me of some things that concerned her about  Jiyong. Dara can I ask you what you think of this situation?" 
 
The woman breathes in and out...it's all or nothing. "Well...I couldn't stand it any more..."
 
"Please elaborate for the court Dara. What made you this way?" 
 
Dara is almost fighting with words. She doesn't want to look like a snitch but she already is. "Jiyong's mistreatment....how he is treated at the hospital...I couldn't play the puppet any more.." 
 
"You were a puppet...then who was the puppet master?" 
 
"....he is....ummm" She is scared out of her mind now.She glances up and sees that Dr. Park has a look of murder on his face. "It's him...Dr. Park...It's all him..." 
 
Dong Wook smiles. "Thank you for saying that Dara. Can you now elaborate what happened at the hospital." Dara then speaks again and this time going into more detail. She figures that either way she will get scolded or who knows what...she might as well go all out. She continues to tell the grave detail. The whole time the judge is trying not to make faces. When it get to the parts about the the Judge can't stand to hear more. 
 
"Dara Shi?" 
 
The younger looks over at the judge "Is this something that happened often?" 
 
She puts her head down..." Daily Judge." 
 
The other side of the table is now speechless. Their plan of winning the case is pretty much over. Dr. Kwon and Park have expressions of pure embarrassment. The hospital now sounds like a place of abuse and manipulation. Finally Lawyer Goh has his try to talk to Dara. He comes over to the woman and looks her over. 
 
"Well that is some story Dara Shi." 
 
Dara rolls her eyes. This lawyer is pure scum. "So you say that Jiyong is abused all the time...didn't you write in this file right here that he inflicted violence upon himself...that he was never ..." 
 
Dara's eyes widen. "No...I never" 
 
"Hmmm look here." He shows her the paper  and then gives the report to the judge. Judge Soh looks over at her. "Is this true?" Dara shakes her head. "I wrote that to cover up what happened....he was ..." 
 
The lawyer then shakes his head. "I don't think that he was . These reports from the past clearly show that Jiyong has thrown and abused employees." 
 
"OBJECTION...misleading." 
 
The judge waves his hand. "Move to something else." 
 
Lawyer Goh makes a face and puts the files down. "Well Judge I have some evidence here...a recording..." 
 
The judge's eyes widen. The lawyer hands over the device and hits play. Again those haunting words of Jiyong admitting that he is the once that abused his entrance and that he was never . Of course this is not true and Jiyong had no choice but to say those words. "This is all FALSE evidence. He was forced to saying this! Here is evidence of a kit" Lawyer Choi barks at the other Lawyer and then hands the evidence to Soh. Seunghyun and Dr. Yang are close to screaming at the lawyer too but that would make things worse. 
 
The judge looks and clearly sees that Jiyong was abused and based off the evidence. "You better get a better story Lawyer Goh" 
 
 Dong Wook then summons another "I would like to call Jiyong to the stand." 
 
Jiyong knew that his was going to come...he is afraid but his words will be a big part of this case. He looks over at his boyfriend and Seunghyun gives him a smile. Jiyong lets go of the hand that is his safety and goes to the chair. He sits down with his legs closed and his hands in his lap. You can see that he doesn't know what to expect. "Hey Jiyong. Just be comfortable. Ne?" 
 
Jiyong smiles a little and then fidgets in his chair a bit. Dong Wook then starts to question. "So how long have you been here at the hospital?" 
 
"A long time..." Jiyong says with a soft voice. 
 
"Did you like it here?" 
 
"No...I hated it..." 
 
"Why did you hate it?" 
 
Jiyong balls his fist. "Because people treated me like a rag doll...like their toy..." 
 
"What did they do to you?" 
 
"They...they... me...abused...and overdosed me..." 
 
"Do you think that you needed all the drugs they gave you?" 
 
"No...I think that I"m normal...hyunnie says that I'm normal...so I say I'm normal..." 
 
The Kwons look over at the man called "Hyunnie." and make a face. Dong Wook loves how the other side is clearly showing their disinterest in Jiyong. It makes the Judge know their true colors. "That is all Jiyong...thank you" 
 
"Your Welcome" Jiyong smiles at the older. Next Lawyer Goh is to question Jiyong. Dong Wook has practiced with Jiyong a couple times with possible questions but he doesn't know how he will react. So far the other side has a weak front with false evidence and questions. 
 
"Patient 3536" 
 
Jiyong hates those numbers. "I'm Jiyong..." 
 
"Ne you are. So you feel that you didn't need your drugs?" 
 
Jiyong shakes his head at the man "No I'm just fine with out them..." 
 
"No I don't think so...when you were on the ward...you would daily throw things and have to be put down...the drugs were the only option...don't you agree?" 
 
Jiyong doesn't know how to answer the twisted question. "Objection." says Jiyong. Dr. Yang chuckles and the Judge Soh looks over at Jiyong. "Only the lawyer can say objection." 
 
"Oh..well I don't like that question..." 
 
"Well it's true Jiyong...that you caused trouble. That you made it so that people had to tie you down. They had to give you drugs so that you didn't throw feeces and piss at them." 
 
"I didn't mean to...they were mean to me...they hurt me..." Jiyong is clearly uncomfortable. 
 
"Because you were the one that started the trouble. " 
 
Seunghyun has heard enough. "Are you going to ask proper questions? This is ridiculous...he is scared now thanks to you.." Jiyong really is scared. He hates the memories of the ward and how people would never let him feel like he could speak out. This lawyer is  a real jerk. 
 
The judge finally steps in. "Okay that's enough with the Jiyong." 
 
"No further questions" says the scum on the other side of the room. 
 
Jiyong hurries back over to his safe haven. He takes his seat next to his lover and grabs his hand. Seunghyun of course takes the digits in his and wraps their fingers together.. The case continues to carry on with evidence on both sides. The judge either accepted or rejected what was presented in front of him. Most of the rejecting was on Dr. Park's side. They really didn't have their together. 
 
Finally it's Seunghyun's turn to be cross examined. "So you are Jiyong's doctor?" 
 
"Ne I was his doctor..." 
 
"And now how are you two.." 
 
Seunghyun knew this was coming. "He is my boyfriend" 
 
"Ohhh so now he lives with you." 
 
"Ne he does and he has never been happier." 
 
"I'm sure in a controlled environment he is indeed happy. So when did you fall in love with your patient." 
 
"Objection." Dong Wook shouts. 
 
The lawyer rolls his eyes and rephrases his question "When was Jiyong a person of concern to you?" 
 
"Jiyong at first was a person that I wanted to protect. He was so mistreated I couldn't stand it. The more involved I was with his meetings the more the reduced. I also was able to reduced his medicine to no meds at all. He soon became a person that I saw more than a patient...I saw Jiyong...not a patient number..." 
 
"So you manipulated your patient into loving you...being the safety net that he needed when he felt vulnerable. Is that right?" 
 
"objection" says Dong Wook annoyed.
 
"He is just that person that you wanted to take home with you. I see that you never had a girlfriend. Did you choose your patient to replace that feeling?" 
 
"Objection!"  The judge waves his hand. "Overruled. Continue..." The judge didn't like what he was hearing either but he wanted to hear what Seunghyun had to say to defend himself. The questions are definitely leading by the way that they are asked. 
 
"No Jiyong didn't fill a feeling that I lusted...he completed a feeling that I have never known..he taught me how to love." He looks over at his lover and smiles. "I love Kwon Jiyong." 
 
The lawyer then smirks. "I bet you ed him in the ward too?"
 
" YOU!" Seunghyun snaps and grabs the Lawyer by the collar. Dong Wook steps in and tries to calm the man down. Judge Soh has seen enough at this point. "That's enough! Now everyone take their seats. I have seen enough..." 
 
Everyone takes their seats and looks at the judge. They don't know which way he is going to go. Seunghyun kinda wants to kick himself because his out burst could ruin everything. He just holds his lovers hands and hopes for the best. 
 
"Before I make my ruling I want to talk to the Kwon's...I have to say...you should be ashamed of yourself...Do you realize that these people over here care about your son...to have him treated as such I can't even look at you as people. My verdict is that Jiyong will be free from the Republic of Korea. He will live as a regular citizen under the care of a sponsor...and that I assume is Seunghyun. As for the ward...it will be restaffed and code will be enforced. Dr. Kwon if you still want a hospital I suggest you clean up your mess." He drops down his gavel "Court adjourned" 
 
Dr. Park is speechless. He thought that things would go in another direction. He can't stand that Jiyong is walking away a free man. He storms out the room along with his scum of a lawyer.
 
Seunghyun  then stands up and picks up his lover in a tight hug in front of everyone. Jiyong blushes as he is spinned around three times. Everyone on their side is so happy at the moment they can't stand it. 
 
"Hyunnie...put me down.." Jiyong beats his fist on the older man. He is let down and is welcomed with more smiling faces. "Jiyong ah you are a free man." Seunghyun smiles down at his lover. "We can be together forever now" 
 
Dr Yang pats the younger on the shoulder. "You did great Jiyong. You were so brave" Jiyong smiles. "Thank you Dr. Yang." Seunghyun really couldn't have done this with out the help of his friends. They really made this all happen. The Kwons finally make their move and begin to walk out of the room. Dr. Kwon leaves out first but Jiyong stops his mother by a simply tug on her sleeve. "Mommy..." 
 
The lady stiffens with the name. She turns around with tears in her eyes. "Live well Jiyong ah..." Jiyong tears up as well. "You can come visit me mommy any time" Mrs. Kwon smiles a little smile and then leaves the room. Seunghyun rubs his lovers back. "I'm sure they will visit. We can bug them" 
 
Jiyong wipes a tear. "I hope so." Jiyong then feels a older hand on his shoulder. He looks back and sees his dad looking at him in the eyes. His face is truly sad but almost expressionless. With no hesitation the man wraps Jiyong in a hug. It is so sudden everyone is taken back. Jiyong breaks down and cries. The older man rubs his sons back and coos. "It's alright my son." 
 
Jiyong then cries harder. He has never been acknowledged by his father in his life. The dream that he has always wanted is now coming true. They both release the hug and the old man wipes a tear from his face. "Aigo...this is a mess eh?" 
 
Jiyong chuckles a little "I guess so Appa." 
 
"When I hear you cry...I can't take it...I'm so sorry how we have been to you my son. We will spend the rest of our lives making it up to you. I can't believe how inhuman we have been to you..." 
 
Jiyong smiles and grabs his fathers hand. "I still loved you. I never hated you..." 
 
The father sheds a couple more tears. "So innocent...so pure...stay that way my son..Don't be like me.." 
 
"I will be better father. I forgive you...I love you...but I can't forget what has happened to me. I still do want you in my life." Jiyong smiles at his father. Dr. Kwon clears his throat. "Seunghyun?" He looks over at Jiyong's boyfriend. "You better treat him good. He is precious" 
 
"He is precious to me too sir." Seunghyun takes the smaller hand in his. 
 
Dr. Kwon then bows to the others. "I will take my leave...and don't worry Jiyong..your mother will come around soon" The man leaves the room and it is now the team victory. Jiyong then messes with his fingers. "So can I leave this place for good?" 
 
Dong Wook nods. "Ne you are free" 
 
"Good I hate this ing place" 
 
Seunghyun chuckles. "Well let's go home baby?" 
 
They all walk out of the conference room and they are all now happy that the drama is over and now it's time to just move things forward. "Life is good boys." says Dr. Yang walking over to the elevator. They all get on the lift and go down to the lobby. JIyogn the whole time is antsy and just ready to get off the elevator. Really who wouldn't want to. 
 
The doors open and Jiyong is off like a rocket out of the doors. Seunghyun bows to Dr. Yang and his hyung. "Well I guess see you later?" Seunghun turns and  is not too far behind the dragon and catches up to him. "Wow baby I didn't know you could run so fast." 
 
"I can do many things" Jiyong winks.
 
Jiyong is full of personality and now a free man. He runs to the end of  front entrance and yells. "I'm a freeeeee maaaan mother ers!!!" He throws his hands in the air and then turns to flick off the hospital. A couple people entering look at Jiyong like he is a crazy man and Seunghyun shakes his head and walks over to his boyfriend. "Now that you have flicked off all of Korea...how about we go home now? Ne?" Jiyong chuckles. "Okay Hyunnie bear" Seunghyun laughs. "You are amazing." 
 
Jiyong gets confused. "Eh?" 
 
"It's funny how you can say this that and then turn around and call me hyunnie bear." 
 
"I'm one of a kind hyunnie bunny.." 
 
Seunghyun hails a Taxi "You sure are..." 
 
Hey The case is over!! Now happy times. Thank you all for reading! Please continue to leave feedback and upvote!