Love is painful but the pain is beautiful

Love is painful but the pain is beautiful

Note: As I said before English is not my mother language so please forgive my mistakes. I hope you enjoy ^_^

Jiyong’s POV

I counted the money Taeyang and I had, again. Nope. It was not enough. We could only pay one month rent with this money so we still own 2 months’ rent to the owner of the rooftop. I haven’t even calculate the bills. Ahhh…. I shouldn’t buy those pants but… I can’t help it. I can’t resist clothes. I am ready to starve but new clothes?? I should buy them. If only I can eat clothes. So I don’t need food, I can eat my old clothes and then I can buy new one. I really should think on eatable clothes. Maybe I can sell my idea? Who knows. Haha.

Anyway, I will take my scholarship in two days so I just hope Taeyang have got some money to buy food for two days. Wait…I would take Chaerin lunch tomorrow! It was my only chance since I have only morning classes tomorrow. Maybe I should ask some advance payment from the club.

I sometimes really can’t believe this order. There are many people with tons of money out there and they don’t share. I am a student, a smart and successful one. But I still have to work my off to earn money to live. Yes, I had a scholarship but it is not enough. You know… Sometimes I dream about a money tree that blooms new money flowers ever week so I can buy new clothes, a new keyboard and the other things to help me record my music. Ahh… I need so much money and so much time.

So I decided to go out. First I would pay the rent and then go the club. I feel like I need to sleep cause I have to work tonight at the restaurant. But I can’t now. Weekdays I work at the restaurant and Saturday nights I need to be on stage with my band but I really don’t feel like it is a job since the music is my life.

Music is my food.  I really feel like the music feeds my soul. I am glad that I have it. I sometimes dream about notes like chocolate bars. When I hear the music, notes come to my ears and turned into chocolate bars when they reach to my mouth. After my brain taste the chocolate I can hear the music. I love music. It was all I need.

Taeyang was like me, we work 6 days of the week sometimes we even work on Sundays but it is still not enough. I really wish to finish the school as soon as it is possible because part time jobs are not enough for me.  

I felt like a zombie now. I didn’t sleep after work because I have to finish my song. So I went to school without sleep, again. I came home afternoon and Taeyang was about to go to school so I need to do the payments. I decided to come home and sleep as soon as I got home so  at least I can go to work with some sleep.

“Hi Minzy!” I said with a wide smile on my face as soon as she opened the door. I used my gun on her already and worked.

Minzy was all red, “Oh, Hi Jiyong oppa…”

Owner’s daughter Minzy, she likes me. If his father is not home I can give the money to her and explain the situation so I hope Minzy can convince his father.

“Is your father at home?” I asked.

“Ah! Jiyong you are here!” said Minzy’s father from behind and he also came to the doorway.

Wait. He was not angry. Yes, he was a good man. He never bothers us with the payment but we didn’t make payment for 3 months so… This is not normal.

“Come in Jiyong, we should talk.”

Ops.. So he was angry more then I imagine? Or…

This was just beyond my imagination. When I hear the news I almost choked with the tea I was trying to drink.

“What? Now you are saying someone came and paid our debt and bought the rooftop?”

“Yes, he left his business card so maybe you know him?” he gave me the card.

I looked at it. Choi Dongwook. Choi? Something was wrong, really wrong. It was a logistic company. One of the famous ones. But the name reminds me something different.

“So..now… We should leave the rooftop??” I asked the most fearful question for me. Really. I couldn’t leave the rooftop. I love my little home and…ah. I just don’t want to leave.

“I don’t know. You should ask this to the new owner.”

This is exactly what I will do.

I even couldn’t feel the cold air and the snowflakes that are slowly falling. I couldn’t decide it was good or bad. But at least now we have money, I smiled. But… who was this? Why he paid for us?

Arghh… now the sleep I dream about was far away because I need to learn what was going on so I decided to spend my spare time to find who this guy is. I know that one day curiosity will kill me but I can’t help it.

When I arrived to the address on the card, I wasn’t surprised that it was a big plaza. I checked myself head to toe from the glasses and I decide it will be really hard to meet this person. But I should take my chance.

I gave the business card and my name to the girl at the information desk. She looked at me in as if I am an alien. Yeah.. ok. Maybe a little. She especially checked my rings and piercings. Anyway, maybe she likes me since I am really handsome. Sorry to say this but it was the truth! I am very good looking and did I mention before my smile can enchant people?

After she checked the computer and made some phone calls she looked up at me and smiled.

“Apparently Mr. Choi is also waiting for you.”

I was not surprised anymore. Really. What is really going on? I really feel like a very important person. It is not that I am not important. Every single person, even every single bacterial are important in this world. Maybe bacterials are more important. What is human anyway? We only destroy. Maybe the world is better without us. Anyway. I feel important like I am a celebrity or a politician.

I followed the man who was leading me to the destination. This building was really big and elite. We stopped on a big two wings wooden doors.

I entered the room that he showed me and immediately surprised by the big and beautiful decorated room. Oh…Scenery was also awesome. I slowly walked to big windows and started look out through the window. I really admired the scenery. Seoul was now under my feet. Beautiful. This is why I like rooftop, too.

“I can live here…” I whispered to myself.

Suddenly I have startled with a voice.

“Wellcome, Jiyong.”

I really didn’t need to turn around to see who he was. I can never forget his voice.

Adonis.

I just feel like the hair on my nape rose with his voice. Sometimes his voice was scary but in general I really love his voice and it feels weird.

Seunghyun’s POV

The boy was startled with my voice. He turned around and looked at me with his cat-like beautiful eyes. There were golden bangs under his beanie this time. Whenever I see him his hair color was always different and the more I see him the more he became beautiful.

I can sense that he was really surprised because he just looked at me for a while with wondering eyes. Then he smiled.

“Coincidence, again?”

I can’t help myself and laugh. This boy… is really something special.

 “No, this time I made our ‘coincidence’,” I said and sat down on the couch across the window, “Please, come and sit Jiyong.”

The boy slowly made his way to the couch and sat down. I can see the curiosity in his eyes.

“I thought your name was Seunghyun?”

I couldn’t understand what he meant so asked, “Yes I am Seunghyun. Why do you think the other way?”

He took out a business card from his pocket and gave it to me. Then I understood.

“Ah… This is Seven’s card.”

“Oh… You are related then. Both have the same surname…?”

“No, just a coincidence” I said and we both laughed.

I can’t believe how natural he is and how I became so relaxed with him.

“So… You are blonde today?” I asked and uncontrollably reached out and slightly brushed his golden bangs. Soft. Like a silk. I would like to touch more, watch how they slide between my fingers but I couldn’t. For now.

He took out his beanie and tried to shape his hair. He didn’t even mind I touched his hair.

“Ah… I am normally blonde. At least for now. The other colors were just temporary sprays, just for the show.”

“Every color suits you well actually but I really like the blonde.” 

He just smiled and blushed again. Then he took a deep breath and started to talk.

“I came here to thank you and… I was also dying to know who did his favor to us!” said Jiyong and caused me to laugh again. Ahh. He was so innocent. Always direct to the people. I love it.

“So… I also learnt that you bought rooftop. Before I ask why a man like you buy something like this I would like to learn do you let us to keep living at the rooftop?”

“I bought it for you, sure you can stay as long as you want.”

“Ah… This is almost great like my money tree dream!” he shouted uncontrollably. And then murmured to himself, “ Seems… so unreal…”

“Excuse me?”

“Did I said this aloud? Ah.. I am sorry.” He said blushing.

Beautiful. I can only say this for now but you should know that this word is not enough to describe him. I need to know about him more, actually I need to learn him. He is like an interesting book.

“Jiyong, honestly, since the first time I saw you I am interested in you. I realized that you are a smart boy and made some investigation about you. So… I decided to help you, you can think this like a... scholarship?” I tried to explain myself.

If I want to earn this boy’s heart I should start with basics. His school is important for him so first I need to help him about this. Don’t think I am just doing this as only an investment about my future relationship with Jiyong. This boy really deserves the best. As I said before, I will give all the best things in the world to him.

Jiyong stood up from his sit bowed deeply in front of me.

“Seunghyun-shi,, I am appreciate that you care about me but I can’t take this offer…”

I was expecting this.

“Why not Jiyong? You really deserve this. Please, I really want to help you because your talent is really big. You shouldn’t waste your energy with part time jobs, you should you’re your energy to the music. Why don’t you let me help you?”

I used my biggest gun, music. I know he can’t resist.

“Because…I live with my friend. I don’t know if he can accept this or not and…”

I stood up as well and came closer to Jiyong.

“Look Jiyong. I also investigate about Taeyang. He is a successful student too. You both deserve this. You just need to talk your friend. Can you do this for me?”

He just nodded. I don’t understand but I sensed some sorrow from him. Maybe it was about his past, his past with Taeyang.

“I will help you, both of you. I have the money, why don’t I use this for the ones who need? Am I wrong?”

“I… I just really don’t know how to thank you,” said Jiyong finally looking into my eyes.

“Just go to your school and follow your dreams. This is all I ask from you in return.”

He smiled, and slowly took a step to me and looked up at me, “Can I hug you?” he asked.

I smiled widely and nodded. When I realized he was trying to put his arms around my neck I bent down a little to help him because he was really shorter than me. With that opportunity I smelled him. Just like I imagine, his smell was amazing. Better than lilies…Better then roses. Strawberries or any other good smells. Now I wonder how he tastes…

“Please come to dinner one day! Taeyang is really good at cooking!” he said cheerfully.

I am glad to see him smile again. I really don’t like his sorrow.

“Haha…so you are not the one who cooks?”

“Ahh… I am terrible but you won’t regret it if you come. Taeyang is the best. Please … just… I just want to thank you like this…”

“Ok then. I would really like to,” I said smiling at him and then I gave him my card.

“Take it Jiyong. Please call me whenever you need something. I am not just talking about money. Can you understand me?”

He nodded and took the card.

“You really have a big heart for a mafia heir Choi Seunghyun,” he said smiling at me.

“It is not that big, Jiyong. Actually there is a little space left in my heart,” I said and then I leaned to his ear and whispered, “My heart only interested in special things.”