Chapter Thirty-Nine

Imprinted Signature

 

 

39

 

 

“Now, tell me, what is this secret you have been keeping all to yourself?”

Alan signalled one of the guys and without warning, one of his henchmen dragged Uncle Wu up from the floor and pushed him over to Alan who dragged him to an empty space. While Alan wasn’t looking at him, Wu Chun took the knife he swiftly kept hidden out and tried to cut the rope quietly and swiftly as he can.

“Tell me.” Alan aimed the gun directly at Uncle Wu. “This will be my last warning, so you better talk if you want to keep your life.”

“NOO! DO NOT TELL HIM UNCLE!”

“GUI, GET BACK HERE!”

“YING YING!” Alan glared at her who suddenly came in between his gun and her uncle.

“GUI! GET OF THE WAY!” Aaron yelled out once more while Gui shakes her head. “NO, DO NOT KILL HIM! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU IF YOU KILL HIM! INSTEAD, I WILL TELL YOU!”

“GUI!” Aaron yelled out once more while tears rolled down her face. “Please, do not kill him!”

Alan’s gaze has not once wavered. He wanted to end this long feud between them a very long time ago, was this finally it? 

“You’ll tell me?”

“YING YING! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! THIS IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS!”

“This is my business... 7 years ago, this became my business!”

“NO, THIS ISN’T YOUR BUSINESS! YOU WERE DRAGGED INTO THIS AND FOR THAT, YOUR FATHER AND I ARE SORRY THAT YOU AND YOUR SISTER HAVE TO BE DRAGGED INTO THIS BUT YING YING, THIS ISN’T YOUR PROBLEM, ITS OURS! SO GET OUT OF THE WAY!”

“No.. This is my business... It happened 7 years ago Uncle!”

“YING YING!”

“GUI GUI, GET OUT OF THE WAY!” Aaron yelled out, trying to snap some sense into her but it didn’t look she was listening to him at all. “Gui, come to me… please.”

He continues to ask her but his voice only strengthened her resolve. Sensing her determination, Alan grinned. He then moved his aim over a bit and pulled the trigger. Sending a loud BANG that echoed through the building, a shot that was heard from a mile away. Uncle Wu’s eyes widen when he noticed that the bullet was shot not far from his skull.

“Do you still think I won’t do it? Get out of the way while you still can.” Alan’s voice echoed. Calvin and Jiro looked over to Aaron to see his rope still tied. They exchanged a couple of glances before swiftly passing the knife to Aaron.

“No.”

“GUI! COME HERE NOW!”

“Ying Ying... What are you talking about? What do you mean you were already dragged into this? Ying Ying, look at me!”

“I’m sorry Aaron... But I cannot drag you into this any longer. This is my battle, not yours.” Gui looked over to Aaron as she gave him a smile. “Take Uncle Wu and leave.”

“GUI! WHAT ARE YOU DOIN—”

His eyes widen when Gui suddenly lean in close to whisper something to Alan. His blood began to boil and the rope that tied his hands together came undone. In an a flash, he pushed them apart to punch Alan.

Alan punched him back with twice the impact as Aaron while he grabbed onto his gun but Aaron took his gun a second faster than Alan. “How do you like the gun pointed at you?” 

He shouted out furiously as Wu Chun, Jiro and Calvin suddenly got up to Uncle Wu out of the building. But before they were safely out of the room, the door burst open and a group of men came running in.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!”

*BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*

Gui screamed as everyone’s eyes widen as Uncle Wu fell to the cold ground, pressing the spot he was shot. 

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!”

“What the hell is this?” A voice repeated Alan’s question. 

“UNCLE! NOOO! UNCLE! NOO NOOO NOOOO NOO PLEASE UNCLE!”

Gui made an attempt to run over but Alan grabbed onto her wrist, stopping her completely. The man who made his grand entrance laughed happily as he watched the life of this old man escape. 

“Ah Wei, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!”

Ah Wei looked around the room, accessing the situation currently. “My My, look at this, this is quite a turn out.”

“EXPLAIN YOURSELF.”

“As of right now, I am no longer your right hand man anymore.”

“So you went behind my back and made yourself leader?”

“Precisely. I always hated being behind you and watching you control everyone and everything. Don’t get me wrong, I learned a lot from you but then it suddenly hit me, why am I your dog?”

“So you choose to make your own group? For what?”

“I wanted to formally introduce myself once this is all cleared but who knew my hands would be screaming for some action?” Ah Wei’s bubbly personality turned bitter once his eyes glanced back at the old man. “Since I cannot get any information from an dead body, hand over that girl to me.”

“No.” Aaron stepped in between Alan and Ah Wei. “Kid, what are you doing?! Get out of my way.”

“I cannot let you have her.”

“Do you know the situation you are in? Look around you.” From the corner of his eye, Aaron could see the men here and there, blocking any possible escape route. Next came the sound of triggers getting ready. And in an instant, some of Ah Wei’s men pointed their gun at Alan and Aaron. While Alan’s men pointed directly to Ah Wei.

Alan held onto Gui and together, they swiftly stepped back as they find themselves guarded with Alan’s trusted men surrounding them like a fortress. They continue to step backwards until they realized they can’t anymore. “We are going to run now.” Gui gasped when she noticed her legs moving with his, they ran and ran in the direction his men lead them to. Alan quickly locked the doors and punched the wall out of frustration. “Sh!t.” He cursed under his breath as he looked around the room.

“This is the only possible escape route we have right now.” Alan lifted a chair up from the ground and threw it out the window. 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? ARE YOU CRAZY?!”

“THEN DO YOU WANT TO STAY HERE AND GET KILLED LIKE YOUR OLD MAN?”

‘THATS MY UNCLE!’ She bit back her tears because she knew he wouldn’t want to see her like this.

“COME HERE.” They looked out the window to see the sea beneath them and she froze. She looks at him, ‘He’s a lunatic!’

“YOU CANNOT STAY IN THERE FOR LONG! I WILL GIVE YOU TIME AND DURING THAT TIME, COME OUT AND HAND OVER THAT GIRL!” And before they knew it, gun shots were heard.

“NO NOO! NOO! AARON!”

Afraid of what was happening outside, Gui went against her better judgement and unlocked the door to see Ah Wei and Aaron barging in. When Ah Wei spotted Alan standing beside the window, he quickly ran up to him with a knife. 

“YOU ARE NOT ESCAPING THAT EASILY!”

While Ah Wei was busy with Alan, Aaron quickly pulled Gui in and embraced her tightly. “DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN! I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THOSE WORDS FROM YOU EVER AGAIN! DO YOU HEAR ME?!”

“Aaron... Why?”

“Why? Because Gui, I love you.”

“Aaron.... I... I...Love you too! AARON, I AM—AARON! LOOK OUT!” She used this to her advantage. She spun him around in time for her to push him away. “GUI!”

Ah Wei gasped as he stopped to look at what he had done. The knife in his hands dropped to the ground and Gui could feel the cold air against her skin.

And just when all hell broke loose, an unexpected guest made their heroic appearance. “TAIWAN PD, HANDS UP, WE HAVE YOU ALL SURROUNDED!”

Alan swiftly grabbed onto Gui and together jumped out of the window. “IS HE CRAZY?!” Ah Wei yelled out as he ran towards the window to see them make their grand escape.

“It’s official, he’s crazy. But will he survive? The waves are high right now.” 

“GUI!” Aaron ran after them and jumped right in. “Wow, another crazy one.” Ah Wei shouted out as Jiro, Calvin and Wu Chun burst into the room, accompanied by the police. 

“HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW!”

Ah Wei dropped down to his knees and did what the police has instructed. He glanced around the room to see the truth: he was all surrounded.

“WHERE’S AARON?! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HIM YOU CRAZY BASTARD!”

Ah Wei lips curve up and smirked. “He died, along with that girl and that crazy bastard. It’s too bad, I really wanted to examine that girl a little more in depth.” 

Jiro punched him as Calvin kicked him while Wu Chun looked out the window. ‘Will they survive this?’ By law, everyone who was a witness was escorted out. The boys knew it but they pleaded to the officer in charge to let them stay just a bit longer. Ah Wei was escorted out by the police force but he stops to take one last glance out the window. The side of his lips curved when he caught a boat quickly speeding away.