Chapter Two

Imprinted Signature

 

2

 

16 years later

Aaron placed his sunglasses on, throwing his blazer at the back of his convertible before starting the engine. He took one last glance at the mirror and smirked, he felt invincible. As everyone stopped and envy him and his car, he could only smirk as he enjoyed the attention he was receiving. It was given since this car was the latest model that his brother brought for his 24th birthday. Aaron saw a couple of girls whispering as they stared at the man in front of them, which caused him to lower his sunglasses and gave them a quick wink before driving away.

When he felt the wind hit against his skin, he turned the music louder like it was his own little party. With one hand on the wheel, his other arm was dangling from the window, feeling the wind go through his fingers. He surely felt invincible.

“WOOO HOO!”

 

................

 

 

As Mike buttoned his shirt, he walked over to the counter to see what kind of watch he should wear. Glancing at his collection of watches, he took out the limited edition Cartier watch, wrapping it around his wrist before walking over to the window. The side of his lips curve into a smile as he spotted a familiar figure driving into their driveway. Without much worry, he grabbed his jacket and walked out of his room.

“WHY ISN’T HE ANSWERING ANY OF MY CALLS?”

The man quickly turned around to see Mike walking down the stairs, whistling a tune as he stopped, greeting him before feeling a breeze fly pass them. The man turned back around to see another one of his son walk in.

“WHY HAVEN’T YOU BEEN PICKING UP MY CALLS?”

“My phone ran out of batteries.” He bluntly said as he threw his phone towards him. Luckily, the butler caught it and handed it to the man.

“Father. I am already 24! I think I am old enough to take care of myself.”

“I COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOU DO OUTSIDE, BUT TODAY IS AN IMPORTANT DAY. I CANNOT AFFORD MY SONS TO MESS UP EVERYTHING I WORKED SO HARD TO PUT TOGETHER. UNDERSTAND?”

“How could I forget? You have been talking about it so much that I got a migraine from it. I will promise you, Mike and I will be on our best behaviour! Like never before, we’ll be on our best for tonight.”

The man glanced over to see Mike leaning against the railing, nodding with his arms crossed.

“If there is any funny business, I will–“

“I’M GOING TO TAKE A SHOWER! You don’t want me to smell for the big night do you? Of course not! Who would want to stand beside someone who reeks of strong alcohol?” Aaron quickly ran past them.

Mike laughed as their father stared at them, frustrated to have to deal with his son’s immaturity.

“I can’t wait to get you guys married.”

He cursed under his breath as he walked out of the house with his assistant. 

 

 

................

 

 

Aaron threw his jacket on the floor and flew himself on the bed, laying on the bed as he slowly drifted into a sleep. He couldn’t remember the last time he had a pleasant sleep but these years haven’t been easy. He would lay awake for almost the entire night, stirring endless stir in his sleep as he tried to sleep but no matter which angle he would try, he couldn’t get to sleep.

When he heard a knock, he didn’t answer it. So the figure who knocked on the door came in only to open the curtains so that the sun’s rays penetrated the dark, as Aaron left the light on his eyes, his lips curve into a smile as the figure chuckled.

“What did you do last night? Drink till your completely wasted?”

Close, I was playing around. Jiro got completely wasted then Calvin, Wu Chun and I almost stayed trying to get them out of the club.”

Mike threw a water bottle beside him, urging him to take it. Aaron slowly opened his eyes, getting up to find himself already hydrating himself with water.

 

 

At the party,

“OH MY GOD! YOUR BOYS HAVE GROWN UP HANDSOMELY! Allow me to introduce my daughter. This is Angela.”

The women introduced as Mike shook hands with her as for Aaron, he just looked elsewhere while twirling the liquid in his glass around.

Mr. Yan cleared his throat as Aaron looked back, his lips curve into a smirk as he nodded.

“How do you do?”

She asked as she walked closer to the boys. The women and Mr. Yan walked away swiftly as they allow their off-spring to get to know one another.

Aaron noticed the adults disappearance and chuckled, continuing to twirl his glass around, playing with it until Mike looked over at him.

“Forgive us, my brother is anti-social.”

“I’ve heard rumours. Mr. Yan. When you were younger, you were quite a charmer.”

Aaron eyes landed on hers, wondering where she was going with this. “Charmer you say?”

“Indeed. I heard you could fly across the world if any girl catches your attention.”

Mike smiled as he took a drink his champagne. Crossing his arms as he listened to their interesting conversation.

“So your saying.. just for this one girl, I would fly across the world?”

“Yes.”

Aaron laughed, he knew rumours were just rumours. So why take them seriously?

 

“Miss. Angela, I am fascinated that you decided to take interest in me but I can assure you that we will not go any further than this. I’m sorry to say that I cannot add you onto my list of ladies when it’s already so full, if you can wait for another month, I’m sure we can figure something out.”

Aaron stated as he walked away, leaving Angela standing there, ready to take her heels off and throw it at him. Mike on the other hand, excused himself before apologizing for his brother’s behaviour as he followed Aaron out into the balcony.

Aaron sighed heavily, he leaned against the railing as his trailed the stars.

“You know that Miss. Angela was only trying to be friends right?” Aaron scoffed at the word: friends.

“She’s a reporter.” Mike gave a surprised look. “How did you know that?”

Aaron stared at him blankly as Mike chuckled, putting his hands up, in complete surrender. “Okay, not important, I can live with that.”

Mike calmed down and looked up at the stars. “You’re still thinking of her aren’t you?”

Aaron stayed silent as Mike smiled, looking up at the stars as well. “Are you denying you aren’t?”

“It has been a long time, they could be–“

“Don’t. You. Dare.” Aaron threatened. “Out of the country.” Mike blurted out, changing his words as Aaron sighed.

“Let’s ditch. I hate these type of social gathering.”

“And that’s why you are the king of anti-social, my dear bro.”

 

 

................

 

 

“NOOO! DON’T TOUCH ME–“

Gui Gui shrieked as she pulled herself up, her hands clutched her heart as she clenched it tightly, still breathing heavily. She stared at her hands, still shaking as the doors opened.

When she felt the light piercing through the darkness, she pulled her blanket over her, curling into a ball before covering her ears. She screamed loudly when someone opened her doors. So she screamed for whoever who opened the doors to close it but they choose to walk over to her. So she continued to scream loudly as she possibly can, tears were coming down her face. She tightly close her eyes when her only security got taken off her, her blanket was her shield.

Her cries got louder as she felt someone embrace her tightly, like when a mother embraces her child, calming her with words that only a mother have the power to do, and that was the words ‘I am here’,

Gui Gui slowly open her eyes, sensing her familiar voice, Gui Gui ‘s arm slowly wrapped around her as she whisper the words: “don’t let me go.”

She continued to keep her in her embrace, afraid of what would happen if she let go. “I’m here...” She repeatedly whisper.

After Gui Gui’s shivering stopped, she used the end of her sleeve to wipe the tears away. Gui Gui lips curve into a smile as her eyes landed on the person in front of her. “Hebe Jie...”

Hebe faintly smiled, lightly hugging Gui as her hands continue to pat her back. “It’s okay, it’s over.”