Chapter Thirteen

Imprinted Signature

 

13

 

 

“What should we do?"

"It’s so boring being trapped in this house! I don’t see how you guys do it for all these years! I would be insane if I were to stay as long as you did.” Mike said as he took a look outside. “It’s gloomy, I think it’s going to rain.” He said as he stared at Hebe who was sitting on the couch with Gui. “We don’t have cards or board games... How about movie– Oh... We don’t have DVD’s... How about Mike you go out and buy them?”

“ME?” Hebe and Mike both called out together. Aaron nodded as he looked over to Gui who was puzzled as to why Aaron suggested it. “We don’t have to watch movies...” Hebe urged as Mike smiled, walking over to her. “We need to go grocery shopping as well, since Aaron wants to stay home and be a couch potato, let him.”

Gui looked over to Aaron and she could see the old Aaron that she loves, so she turned back to see Hebe looking at her, telepathy asking her if it was alright. She knows that Hebe won’t be able to sit properly at home if she hasn’t gotten fresh air. But for Gui, an open window was all she needed. So Gui nodded as she smiled, reassuring Hebe that she would be just fine with Aaron. “She’s safe, did you forget? Aaron and I both have out black belts in martial arts!” And suddenly, Hebe rose up and pointed at him, with her eyes glaring at him. “OH YOU! I REMEMBER! YOU BECAUSE OF YOU I LOST MY CHANCE TO CONFESSS TO JAY CHOU! HOW COULD YOU? I WAS WAITING FOR THE PERFECT CHANCE TO CONFESS AND YOU RUINED IT BY SHOWING OFF YOUR MARTIAL ARTS SKILLS?”

“HEY! What’s wrong with showing it off? It’s something to be proud off!”

“HE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL WITH A BROKEN ARM!”

“That’s a rumour, I just hurt his pride as an upperclassmen!”

“HOW COULD YOU?”

“How could I? How could you? To like that guy? That guy is so old... I mean were you blind? His eyes are so small and weird, compared to me who is like a god. I am much moore finer than he was, can’t you see it? I’m the definition of perfection.” He whispered as Hebe eyes widen, she was about to pounce on him when Gui held her back. Jie... the faster you go, the faster you come back safely.”

“Take care Ge!” Aaron picked up his jacket and threw it at him, pushing him towards the door as they stared at Aaron and Gui, wondering if they would be okay. Mike took the keys and pointed over to Aaron. “No funny business when we’re gone.” Aaron laughed as he repeated his gesture. “Back at you bro.” Hebe gave Gui a tight hug before walking out of the door with Mike, who was bickering all the way to the door. Gui giggled, it had been so long to see Hebe talk that way, and to see the old Hebe who was bickering and digging up the past, it was a sight that will be able to last as a good memory.

When Aaron closed the door, Gui walked over to the fridge and pulled out the strawberries and a bar of chocolate. She placed a pot of water on the stove, place a bowl that fits the pot so that the bowl hang by the rim, then she placed the chocolates in the bowl. Aaron stared at her, wondering what she was doing. Gui giggled as she took out the spatula, stirring the melted chocolate with no breaks.

When she finished, she took the glass bowl off the pot, putting it on the counter for it to cool down. “What are you doing?” Aaron asked as Gui grabbed one of the strawberries, dipping it into the chocolate before handing it over to him. “Here. It’s a strawberry covered in chocolate!” Aaron gave a thumbs up as he took a strawberry and dipped it into the melted chocolate, offering to Gui. She smiled as her hands reached up to get it but he pulled away, causing Gui to laugh as she opened for him to feed it to her. Gui smiled as they took turns feeding one another when their they wanted one. Since there were more strawberries for the both of them, they decided to split it so that Hebe and Mike has a chance of eating strawberries covered in chocolate.

Aaron smiled as he walked over to his bag, taking an DVD out. He whistled over to Gui who looked up to see an DVD in his hands which caused her to gasp.

“WHEN DID YOU HAVE IT?”

“I hid it. I knew it was going to be lonely so I brought it along.”

He smiled over as he walked over to the DVD player, putting the disk in before turning the TV on. Gui could feel her eyes water as her memories remember the movie. The characters were so memorable that it moved her to tears, it was like torture to watch a the main leads love in front of her, wishing it could be her. The movie, ‘Titanic’ is a one-of-a-kind romance movie that follows a story between Rose and Jack. There love has always been unconditional and beautiful to the point where it made viewers feel their love, tears, heart-break, and longing for one another.

“I remember you would always watch this when you want to cry.”

“...But I don’t want to cry.”

“I bet you wanted to cry during these past years. Even if I haven’t seen you in a day, a week, months, or years, there are just some things that I cannot change. It’s not meant to change.” Aaron smiled as he walked out of the room, bringing back a blanket for the both of them. While he was in the midst of preparing everything. Gui watched him go through the trouble to prepare everything, wondering what he has been doing these past years when she was gone. It was probably perfect right?

There is this strikingly handsome guy in front of her, doing his best to make his friend comfortable. A friend who have always been with her in the past, but those times were over. Now, standing before her was not the geeky, nerdy boy she always hung out with, even if no one tells her, she will already know. He has always stood out, behind those black rimmed glasses was a guy trying not to get noticed only to get noticed. He was this handsome guy that girls would crawl over to just have a bite of him, to be with, too long for, someone who can give anything and everything up. She knew him... more then what she gave credit for. When did he become this attractive? When did he shed his nerdy image? Since when...?

Pushing the thoughts aside, Gui smiled as she carried the plate over to the table, placing it down. Aaron sat down and signalled her sit down beside him. When she sat down next to him, she felt the blanket wrap around her like a caterpillar. She glanced over to him, wondering why he wasn’t covering himself up. Was he not cold? Aaron sensed her curiosity and smiled warmly.

“I want you to be comfortable.”

“How about you? Aren’t you going to be cold?”

He shook his head as he pressed ‘play’. While Gui kept looking at him and her eyes trailed down to his muscular arms. She smiled as she remembered that many things have changed, people change, and the boy she remembers and played with was no longer the dorky little boy anymore. Instead, he was the handsome Aaron Yan who was beside her once again, the one who found her. But he was still the kind, gentle Aaron Yan she loves and remembers.

“After all these years...” 

What is it about you that makes my heart ache? It wasn’t like this 7 years ago...

“Huh?” He took his eyes of the screen only to find her pulling the blanket over him so that it covered the both. “We don’t want the Mr. Aaron get sick now do we?” Gui joked as she went back to the movie. Only this time, it was Aaron staring at her. He pinched her cheeks since it was calling for it, she gasped staring at him, but before she could meet his gaze, he turned around, pretending nothing has happened.

As the movie continue to play, during the entire time, Aaron and Gui sat on the couch smiling, laughing and enjoying every second of the movie that had to offer. Without thinking about the reality, they were completely engrossed into the movie. It was close to the scene where Jack and Rose did their famous scene where many envy. It the scene where Rose stood at the tip of the ship, holding out her arms so that the wind can flow through her. Jack became her support as he held onto her.

“Do you still want to be Rose? When we were little, we re-acted this scene at the playground! You–“ He turned to see Gui had fallen asleep, he smiled as he leaned back and gently pushed her head so that her head would rest on his shoulders. “Gui...” People who fall asleep won’t be able to respond but still, he can silently wish for her to be listening. How long will this moment last? How long will it be till you have to go back to the way it was before?” He pulled the blanket so that it covered her shoulders, giving her the majority of the blanket as he laid his head on hers. As gently as possible so he doesn’t wake her up. Can’t I be selfish just this once? I want to freeze time so that you can’t leave my side... Is it possible?”