Chapter Sixteen

Imprinted Signature

 

16

 

 

As the morning sun rose, waking everyone to start a brand new day. Alan and one of his men disguised as businessmen walked into the building that was labelled YAN CORP. To his surprise, there was a girl working at the desk by the entrance, so he proceeded to have a little chat with her. He wasn’t a morning person but with such valuable evidence, how could he not be excited? Of course, he could’ve asked one of his men to do it but he had them do something else while their hunt is slowly approaching. So he walked in with his ‘assistant’ who was holding a suitcase, wearing dress pants and a decent shirt that could pass for a businessmen.

“Good morning sir, how can I help you today?”

“Is Mr. Yan in?”

“Mr. Yan is currently overseas with a project, he stated he won’t be back until everything is settled.”

“How about Mike and Aaron Yan?”

“May I ask what business you have with Mike and Aaron Yan?” Alan held up a suitcase, taking out a file that was labeled ‘confidential’. When the lady saw the label, she nodded, double checking the papers once again. “Mike and Aaron are away on business.”

What kind of business? A colleague of mine told me that they were in town and that’s why I prepared this document for them. Mike and Aaron expressed their interest in this project, but wait, hold on... Are you telling me to leave? I’m afraid I cannot leave this document here unless I am positive Mike or Aaron Yan will receive it.” The receptionist was about to speak when someone stood beside him, staring at him bewildered as she glared at him, wondering what he was doing here. ‘What? I thought I was closer to the case then he was! How is it that he is here?’

“What are you doing here Mr. Qiu?” Angela asked as Alan smirked, handing her his business card. She stared at it, in complete disbelief. How was it that he was here?

“Is the world getting smaller to you? We keep bumping into one another Miss. Angela.”

“HI~ I am Miss. Qiu’s assistant, Mei Mei.” Alan looked over to see an overly excited girl beside his sister. He flashed his prince-like smile which caused Mei Mei to fan herself, wondering if her excitement was showing. Disgusted, Angela nudged Mei Mei, telepathically reminding her that he was not the man he appears to be. Unaware of her constant warnings, Mei Mei held out her hand for a handshake, hoping to get one in return and to her surprise, he complied. “Don’t be strict, Miss. Qiu. She was just expressing herself, there’s no rule against that now is there? Not when it is proper etiquette for business.”

Alan smiled over to the lady over the counter. “Since Mr. Yan is away on business, I have no choice but to come back another time.” He winked over to the lady as he walked away. His assistant quickly left the business card on the table before following after him, exiting the building without any disturbance.

“Mhmm...” Alan stopped and glanced over to his men, looking at him skeptically. “That girl... Mei Mei was it? Was that the girl you told me about?”

 

Flashback

“Speak.” The man crossed his arms, leaning against the wall as he played with his knife. “I have planted one of our people in the newspaper company that Miss. Qiu works at”

End of Flashback

 

The men nodded as he quickly apologized for his uncalled actions. Alan shrugged it off, allowing him slip this one pass him just this once. He turned to look at the building named YAN CORPORATIONS once again, feeling confident about this hunt, god will always side with the strong so there was no reason for him to fear, the chance of failing will be minimal. Since he was overwhelmed with confidence, how could he look at the negatives when his chance of success are high? Soon, the hunt will be ceased and the world will change. The name that some have come to fear will become the name that will seek havoc, how exciting does that sound? Doesn’t that just send shivers of delight?

 

 

................

 

 

“Hi, I am Miss. Angela Qiu from Taipei’s National Journal. I was wondering if I can do a quick interview with either Mike or Aaron Yan.” The lady stared at her, immediately asking questions in her head why people are asking for the Yan Brothers? She knew that Mike and Aaron barely come to work since they are rumoured to be on business. But outsiders were not suppose to get valuable information because it was strictly confidential.

“Who is looking for Mr. Yan?” Angela and Mei Mei looked over to see a lady dressed in a navy blue dress, walking towards them with a man behind her, who appeared to be her assistant. Her face gave the impression that she was business-orientated, diligent and hardworking. While her assistant gave a more serious impression but deep down, he was a the friend who love making jokes. Just one look, Angela could tell what their personalities were like. “Hi, I’m Miss. Angela Qiu and I am here to ask if Mike or Aaron Yan is working. I was hoping if I conduct a interview with them as the youngest entrepreneurs to inherit their family’s title.”

The lady stared at her, asking herself why her last name sounded familiar. But unlike her, her assistant  figured it out. So he bent over to whisper the words she never wanted to hear again, just like déjà vu, it came to her once again, only this time, she appeared to be rather normal. She looked over to her assistant who was giving her the ‘trust me, I’m always right!’ Keeping in mind where she is and who she is, Albee turn back to see Alan’s sister, Miss. Angela Qiu.

“What a surprise.” She cursed under her breath as her assistant chuckled, finding this meeting a bit funny but spontaneous. “Is this interview important? Mr. Mike He and Mr. Aaron Yan are away on Yan Corp business. I can set an appointment with you if that’s what you desire. As I am aware, their schedules are quite different so it might be a couple of months before you can have them together to do an interview with them. They are quite persistent with their work.” Angela stared at her as she gave a smile, handing her business card over to her. “I will call again to arrange an appointment, goodbye...”

“Albee.”

“Till than Albee, I will call to make an appointment when they get back.” Albee handed the card over to the assistant who looked at it, suddenly his expression grew restless but he tried not to let it show. Being in the business world, he got to maintain his image as a businessmen, not a moron who was acting like one.

When Angela walked out of the building, Albee was about to walk away but her assistant held her back, his eyes fixed on the card. “I am right” He whispered as Albee walked over to the receptionist, asking if there was anyone who came before her, asking the same thing. The receptionist handed the business card that had the name ‘Qiu Industry’ on it. Angela thanked the receptionist for sticking by the rules of conduct as Angela head into her office with her assistant. They placed the two cards side by side on her desk, looking at the two cards intently. “Do they know what we are doing? Have they finally caught on?”

“No... They don’t. They just came and ask for Aaron or Mike, they didn’t care about anything else but the brothers.”

“Should we notify Mr. Yan?”

“No... not yet.” Albee walked over to the window and stared at the view of the city.

“What do you want to do? We can’t just let them take a step further than us, we haven’t planned that far yet.” Her assistant broke the heavy silence between him and Albee. She rubbed her temples, thinking of what to do next. This was the ultimate question, what are they going to do about it?