The Heartbreak

The Rain and The Fairytale

9
Junhong stood behind him and Youngjae, rubbing his brother's shoulder to relax him a bit. Youngjae flashed a weak smile in return and went back to his nervous state. Youngjae's mother sat on the left side, with Youngjae on the middle and him on the right. Mrs. Choi glanced up warily to her husband behind her, who had a tight smile on his face. Youngjae gripped his hands and Daehyun could feel how his fingers are trembling and sweaty. He felt the same thing too.

Today's the day they'll hear the result of the check up. Youngjae had requested him to be there along with Junhong and his parents. Daehyun had a bad feeling about this. Sure he felt honored to be there with his family but the tension was too thick and he could hyperventilate in any minute if this keep going on. When he was ready to leave the room, the doctor came and sat on his chair across the table.

After exchanging greetings and what else the doctor started to explain Youngjae's condition and the result of the therapy and checkups. Daehyun couldn't hear any words that came from the doctor aside from "terminal", "too late", "I'm sorry", and "two months left". Those four thoughts ran in jeopardy inside his mind and when the result sank in he freezed in disbelief. No it can't be happening...

Suddenly he felt Youngjae's hand slipped off from his and a rattle was heard. Youngjae bolted out from the room, leaving everyone inside the room in both despair and sorrow. He heard Mrs. Choi's cry and Junhong's voice calling for Youngjae, and it woke him up. It's raining, he knew where Youngjae's heading. Without thinking he ran to the garden as fast as he can, and there he was.

As soon as he got near Daehyun embraced Youngjae from behind, feeling how the younger was shaking and his heartbeat was increasing rapidly. Youngjae abruptly turned around, flung his arms around Daehyun and buried his face on Daehyun's neck. The cold rain and Youngjae's warm tears broke Daehyun's heart even more.

"Shh it's alright I'm here. I'm here."

Youngjae hugged him tighter and Daehyun knew if he could he'll wail and scream out right now.

"It's okay, just let it out."

Daehyun's voice started to break but he still whisper sweet nothings to the broken man in his arms.

"I'm here, it's alright, everything's gonna be okay I promise."

It's ironic really. He promised Youngjae that it'll be alright but he himself sounded like he's the one that should be consoled. He hated himself for being so weak when he should be strong because now Youngjae needed him to be strong. So even if his voice was hoarse because his tears burned his throat he told Youngjae that everything will be fine and that he had him and he'll be there forever.

That's the first time Daehyun cried in front of another person. That's also the first time he would give up his own life and the world or anything for someone's sake. Because he couldn't live without him. Because he loved him. He did. Very much.

***
 

 

Hey, it's GD and i do believe it's my first time putting a footnote to this story.

I just wanna say, thank you, to all of you who still reads this fic, even if i found myself not satisfied with the way i wrote it, you guys always encourage me and i know i can make it, so i did.

sometimes it pains me, and it hurts, when there are no comments when i posted some chapters.

as a writer i know i cant be selfish and it's your right to write down your opinion or not, but i always checked the comments everytime i can online in AFF and comments always made my day. i love it when you guys give your opinions on this story, which part of the story that you think is lacking, which one is your favorite moment(s), what can i do to make this fic better, what do you guys think of this story, or what do you think about me, while you're reading this fic.

okay i sounded (or wrote) snobbish and pathetic, god i'm sorry oTL

but nevertheless, if you did read it, I just want you to know that even if i didnt reply it i always read it and you guys hold a special place in my heart. seriously. and if you guys wants to just tell me if i have to reply it through comments or your walls or anything. i wanna know your opinion and what youre thinking.

i love you guys so so so so so so so very much. thanks for being with me!

and no this story's not finished yet LOL, but it's near. and i hope you're still with me till the end!

and do root for me cause in one hour and half i'll be taking my life-changing test and my future's depending on it so send me your powers and i hope i can pass it through till the end. amen.

ahem.

well, till the next chapter! don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!

 

 

with lots of love,

GD