The Talk

The Rain and The Fairytale

 

4

It was raining softly that day, not the type of obnoxious rain that wished to kill you with water bullets. But still, Daehyun despised any type of rain, even the softest one. But he made a promise to Jongup to accompany him visiting Himchan, they're both his and Yongguk's "sons" anyway (self proclaimed by Himchan himself). And as he predicted, Himchan crushed Jongup in a bear hug and cooed him with "I miss my dancing machine so much" and s he didn't even wanna know. Daehyun rolled his eyes when Himchan asked Daehyun to roll him to take a stroll around the hospital. What a loving mom he is…

After making sure that Himchan's properly seated on the wheelchair and a promise from Jongup to not run while rolling Himchan, he let them go and do whatever they wanted to do. They both deserve some bonding time, Daehyun had to admit.

He shook his head slightly at his "family" and looked at Youngjae, who was smiling and looking at him. He bowed slightly from his bed and wrote on his sketchbook. Daehyun had to walk closer to the bed to see the writing this time.

Nice to see you again, Daehyun-ssi.

"Nice to see you again too Youngjae-ssi."

Himchan hyung talks a lot about you, you know. And his family.

"He did?"

He saw Youngjae nodded, and wrote again.

Is that Jongup-ssi?

"How do you know?"

Hyung called him dancing machine kekeke as I said he talks a lot about you and his family.

"I hope it's only the good things," he said as he laughed and took a seat by Youngjae's bed.

"Err may I?"

Youngjae nodded and showed him his sketchbook again.

If you count singing in the shower and sleeping as something good then yes, only the good things.

"Err well... Sorry you have to hear that, Himchan hyung likes to talk whatever he wants whenever he does," he scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed.

No worries, it's fun to hear his stories anyway. It’s kinda lonely here sometimes ^^

“Lonely? You mean you don’t have visitors?”

Sometimes… but not that much. I didn’t go to school that much so I don’t have that much friends.

Wait why did… so this rain guy is actually a drop out student or something?

“Err... why didn’t you go to school then?”

I’ve been a frequent visitor here since I was fourteen kekeke.

“So… you’ve been… well sick since you’re fourteen?”

It’s been longer but it’s not that bad, I can still play if that’s what you’re asking.

“You look healthy enough for me Youngjae-ssi.”

Youngjae smiled a bit and bowed to him.

Well thank you ^^

“But seriously? No visitors for you?”

The blonde haired man shook his head.

Well not that often but I do have visitors sometimes. I have one today so I’m a bit excited!

Daehyun was about to ask more when the door was opened. He turned around to see a tall blonde haired guy, much like Youngjae's but his was wavy instead of straight like Youngjae’s, and was holding a basket full of cookies and snacks.

"Youngjae hyung!!"

Youngjae turned to face the visitor and instantly smiled widely – almost grinning – at the visitor. Daehyun can almost hear his heart drumming on his ears at the sight.

The first thing that came to his mind was how he wanted to be the one (the only one) who can see a glowing Youngjae.

***