Chapter 2 -- The Second Encounter

Gender Complexity

The next day,

“OHAYO MI-CHAN !” Ryosuke cheerfully greeted Mirai and kiss her cheeks.

“Ohayo Ryo-chan.” Mirai also greeted back, a bit depressed.

“Why? What’s wrong baby are you okay?” Ryosuke asked and give Mirai a hug.

“im okay, ryo-chan.” Mirai answered and let herself free from Ryosuke’s hug then take her seat.

“Are you sure? You looked like your sick.” Ryosuke asked and puts his right hand on Mirai’s forehead. “You’re too warm, are you sick?”

Before Mirai answered, Yaotome-sensei entered the room. Ryosuke immediately went to his seat.

“Okay, Good morning class.” Yaotome-sensei said.

“Ohayo.” The whole class greeted back.

“Today, you will have a new classmate. Actually he came back from America.” Yaotome-sensei said. He gestured someone from the outside to come in.

A handsome guy went inside the room. All the girls went giggling when they saw the new student.

“YOU? !” Mirai suddenly gasped the moment she saw the new student.

The guy looked at her direction. He smirked when he saw her. “My, My, My, we meet each other again , MR. CLUMSY.” He said.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY ? !” Mirai angrily said.

“Shida-san, its not the right greeting for the new student.” Yaotome-sensei said.

“Im sorry.” [Mirai]

“He is Kanata Hongo, your new classmate. He came back from America a few weeks ago, so please help him in our lessons.” Yaotome – sensei introduced Kanata to the class.

‘Kanata ? Kanata Hongo?’ Mirai thought. ‘He has the same name with Kanata-kun, my childhood best firend. But i know they’re not the same person.’

“Kanata Hongo desu. Yoroshiku Onegaimshimasu.” Kanata greeted properly.

“You can seat … beside Shida-san.” Yaotome –sensei said and points the empty seat beside Shida.

“Eh? ! I don’t want him to be my seatmate ! .” Mirai protested.

“There are no other vacant seats aside from the seat beside you.” [Yaotome-sensei]

“Let him and Ryo-chan switch seats.” Mirai said.

“No. Kanata-kun, please occupy the seat beside Shida-san. Okay, let’s start our class.” Yaotome-sensei said.

Kanata walked towards Mirai’s direction. Mirai give him a deadly stare.

“Hi Mr. Clumsy.” Kanata whispered to her ear. She was shocked when his lips touch her earlobe. She froze and didn’t react for a few seconds.

“G-GET LOST !” Mirai angrily whispered back and tried to focus her attention to the lesson.

Meanwhile, Ryosuke felt uneasy. He always check Mirai on the back of the room. he doesn’t want Kanata to be near with Mirai.

When the bell for lunch break rang, Ryosuke immediately went to Mirai’s  desk.

“Mi-chan. Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” Ryosuke worriedly asked.

“I-Im okay. Go ahead first. I need to get something from Okamoto-sensei.” Mirai said and head towards the door.

“I can accompany you. I can feel that you’re not okay.” Ryosuke said and  help Shida to walk.

“Im fine Ryo-chan, don’t worry. I’ll follow you on the canteen after I get that something, ‘kay?” Mirai said and kissed Ryosuke on the cheeks. “Later.” Then she went ahead.

Ryosuke just followed her with his stare.

 

After Mirai gets their club form from Okamoto-sensei, she headed towards the canteen. She was about to go downstairs when she felt dizziness. She misses the first step and she felt her body falling from the stairs. Good thing, two strong arms catches her before falling down.

“Hey? Are you okay?” she heard the voice of Kanata but she’s too weak to answer.

Kanata was surprised when he saw Mirai falling from the stairs. He immediately catches her before she falls. Her cap flew away, revealing her mid length silky hair. When he catches her, he felt her soft body upon him. Her face is only a few inches from his. He stared at her face. ‘I don’t know she has a hidden beauty, too bad she’s a bi.’

He heard her moan in pain. He saw the paleness in her face as if she’s sick. He felt her forehead with his hand. ‘she has a fever.’ he immediately carried her and went to the clinic.

A few minutes later, Mirai is peacefully sleeping in clinic’s bed. He stayed for a while to check if she’s really okay. He went near her. ‘she looks familiar, but I cant remember. My instict tells me that we knew each other a long time ago.I just only met her, its impossible that i knew her from before.’

“Kanata-kun, you may go now, I already called Ryosuke-kun to accompany her.” The nurse said and smiled.

“Ryosuke-kun?” Kanata asked .

“Hai. Her bestfriend. I think you’re in the same class.” The nurse answered.

“MI-CHAN? !” Ryosuke suddenly came out from the door.

“Ryosuke-kun, good thing you’re here. Don’t worry she’s okay. Kanata-kun helped her.” The nurse said and smiled to Ryosuke.

Ryosuke immediately went  beside Mirai. He hold her hands.

“Mi-chan, gomen ne, if only I knew this will never gonna happen.” Ryosuke said between his tears and gently caresses her face.

“I need to go.” Kanata-kun interrupted.

“A-Anou, t-thank you for saving her. Anou ne~, she’s not really what you think she is. She’s a good person if you know her better.” Ryosuke said and blush a litlle.

Kanata just smiled. “Just tell her, she owe me one.”

“Hai. Thank you again.” Ryosuke said and stared at kanata’s face.

Kanata give his best smile then leave.

Ryosuke froze for a moment when he saw Kanata’s smile. ‘Anyaaaa ~, he’s cute when he smiles.’ . he blushes.

“Ryosuke-kun, you can leave her now. Classes will be resume at 1.” [nurse]

“hai, but I want to be here by her side.” [ryosuke]

“its up to you.” The nurse said and went outside.

When the nurse is gone, Ryosuke sits besides Mirai’s bed. He stares at her.

“get well soon mi-chan.” He said and kissed her forehead.

He stay in the clinic until Mirai woke up.

 

****

AN: Gomen ne if its not that good,  :( but i hope you like it :)

sorry for typos and grammatical errors :(

 

till next chapter !