CHAPTER 1 -- The First Encounter

Gender Complexity

Chapter 1

“Okay class that ends our topic for the day.” Yaotome-sensei announces as he heard the bell rang. “You may go.” He said before he leaves the room.

As Yaotome-sensei leaves the room,  Yamada Ryosuke immediately went to Shida Mirai’s desk.

“Mi-chan ! Let’s go shopping today !” Ryosuke cheerfully said as he place a small pamphlet of a new store in Mirai’s desk.

“EH? ! New store again? !  Where is this located? I really want to go Ryo-chan, but mom needs me to help her in our store. Maybe next time?” Mirai answered with a bit frustration.

“Eeeeee, I really want to go Mi-chan ,” Ryosuke said, giving her a pleading look. He pouted his lips and tended to act like a crybaby.

Mirai looked at him. He is Yamada Ryosuke. She really considered him as her great bestfriend. Even though he is a gay, (well actually not a gay, he just likes to cross dress, puts wigs and make ups, and acts a girl) she still hangs out with him. She doesn’t know why she felt at ease whenever they’re together. He knows all her big secrets. On the other hand, while he is a gay, she is a tomboy, or rather a girl who acts boyish. She always wear loose shirts, always tie her hair up and hide it beneath her cap ( because her mother doesn’t want her to cut it).  They are really opposites. She dislikes the things that a girl likes (accessories, cute dresses, make up’s  etc.)  while Yamada really likes those kind of things. Yamada hates video and arcade games that a normal boy likes, but she likes them a lot. She likes action movies, but Yamada likes romance movies. They really have a lot of things in different, but still they really like each other’s company.

They began to be friends during their elementary days. They were at the same public school. Their classmates always bullies Yamada, but he doesn’t fight back. At first they’re just teasing him, until it gets to the point that they are already hurting him physically. She saw him while being punched in every part of his body. But still he didn’t fight back. She decided to rescue him. She knows how to fight. She studied martial arts when she was still 4 years old. That’s when they start to become friends. They’re classmates always talk negative things about them but they didn’t care.

“Hmmm, I’ll try to ask mom first. but I can’t accompany you that long.” Mirai said then smiled. She cupped his face with her hands and pinched his nose. “I hate you when I saw your face like that.”

“Haha , I know you can’t turn me down. As a treat, FREE ICE CREAM? How’s that?” He said and help her to fix her things.

“You really know my weakness.” Mirai said while laughing.

“Of course, you’re my best friend after all haha.” Ryosuke said and give Shida a hug.

 

@ the shopping center

 

“WOAH  ! I really love this place !” Shida excitedly said as she ran around the big space in the center part of the mall.

“I told you. Haha. I also love this place. So many IKEMENS !” Ryosuke said and giggles while looking at a group of hot college male students sitting at a coffee shop.

“Eh? ! Where?” Shida asked and followed the sight where Ryosuke saw a group of IKEMENS.

“Isn’t they all look handsome?” Ryosuke said. [imagine him with his eyes are like big hearts]

“nah, they’re just have faces. They will not like you the way you like them.” Shida said and laugh.

“MAAAA !, you’re so bad ! for one of them will court me. And we will have a happy ending.” Ryosuke said.

“I was just joking okay, besides no guy will love the same gender as they. Remember you’re a guy. Not a gal.” Mirai said.

“How about you?  No girl will also fall inlove with you. “ [Ryosuke]

“haha I don’t want to fall in love either. I am happy being single. I also don’t want to get marry either. i don’t want to be like my mother. A single parent? No way.” [Shida]

“alright, let’s drop the topic. We’re here to enjoy right?” Ryosuke said.

“Hai ! Come on ! up to the ARCADE !” Mirai excitedly said and immediately runs towards the elevator. She didn’t notice a man who passed by in front of her. So she accidentally bumped him and they both fell on the floor.

“Itai !” Mirai said.

“Mi-chan? ! daijoubu?” Ryosuke said worriedly and help Mirai to stand up.

“Hai. Im fine.” Mirai answered then she turned her attention on the guy in front of her.

“Are you all right miss?” the guy asked while fixing his eye glasses.

“Do you think I’m alright? My hurts because of your stupidity.” Mirai answered angrily.

“hey, its you who bumped me. You’re not focusing your attention on your way.” The guy said.

“woah? ! So it’s my fault ? Is that what you want to say?” [Shida]

“Yeah. Well I don’t want to waste my time arguing with you. Good bye Miss? Or perhaps Mr?”. the guy .

“You ---- !” [shida]

“Calm down Mi-chan, your just wasting your time for someone who only have a look but has a bad mouth !” Ryosuke said and tried to control Mirai from getting near to that guy.

“haha, you’re a weird couple ne ~? One gay, and one boyish girl? I don’t know Japan permits this kind of relationship.” The guy said and gives them a smirk.

“what did you say ? ! ---“ Ryosuke angrily said.

“Don’t Ryo-chan. Let’s go, we’re just wasting our time with a MONSTER here.” Mirai said and give the guy a sharp look. Before went to the elevator, she stepped really hard on the guy’s right foot.

“Itai ! You !” the guy angrily said and tried to followed them but the elevator door already closed.

“DAMN !” the guy left behind annoyed.

 

 

------

 

AN: sorry if its not that good. :) hope you like it.

 

sorry for typos :(

 

comments are ♥