Chapter 4 -- The Acquaintance Party

Gender Complexity

Chapter 4

They spend the whole day looking for a dress in their acquaintance party. Its already late in the afternoon when they bought their dresses. Ryosuke bought an above the knee baby pink dress. He also bought a new set of make ups, wigs and a pair of shoes. Mirai only bought a simple knee-length light blue dress.

“You okay with your dress? No accessories added?” Ryosuke asked her when he saw what Mirai bought.

“Yes. Its okay for me. I don’t want to spend my allowance in these kind of clothes. ARGH ! it makes me feels disgusted when I wear this.” Mirai said.

“Haha, you’re really a ‘boy’ huh? How would you find a guy if you would not show off your real beauty?” Ryosuke .

“I don’t have a plan on making guys noticed me. I just want to end that party in peace.” Mirai said and pouted her lips.

“Haha , I didnt neither saw you dress something like this. Im excited to see you wear that !” Ryosuke said.

“im not going to wear again these after that party. My GOD! It !” Mirai said with disgust.

“Let’s see. Are you hungry? Let’s eat pizza. How’s that?” Ryosuke asked mirai.

“That’s fine with me. I miss eating pizza !” Mirai said cheerfully. She run towards the mall entrance when a guy suddenly bumped her.

“ITAI !” she muttered with pain. Her things scattered on the floor.

“Im sorry I didn’t—“ the guy didn’t continue his sentence when he saw the girl he bumped. “Shida-san?”

Mirai look up and she freaked when she saw Kanata standing infront of her.

“YOU? ! “ Mirai shrieked.

“Anou, im so sorry. Im in a hurry. You okay? Anything hurts?” Kanata asked and helped Mirai to stand up.

Kanata was fascinated by her simple yet hidden beauty. He doesn’t know she had this soft and white skin. Her outfit made her slightly a girl.

“WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? !” Mirai angrily said when she saw Kanata’s eyes on her legs.

Kanata snapped when he heard her. “Im sorry. I didn’t mean to. Anou~ are you okay?”

“Yes. Will you please leave me alone? I thought I will have a great day, but it’s ruined because I see you ! You DEVIL !” Mirai angrily said.

‘WHAT? ! Im not a DEVIL okay? And besides I already apologize for what happened.” Kanata said, pissed.

“ANou~ Mi-chan, he’s right. He already apologize. Why are you always angry at Kanata-kun?” Ryosuke interrupted.

Kanata’s gaze when unto Ryosuke.

“Who are you?”  Kanata asked, eyeing Ryosuke.

“Eh? ! It’s me Ryosuke . Don’t remember?” Ryosuke said and give his best smiled to Kanata.

“R-Ryosuke?” Kanata was shocked when he heard this. He gives him a slightly disgusted look.  He doesn’t know the Ryosuke is a …. GAY?!

But Mirai noticed it.

“Yes he’s Ryosuke ! Anything bad?” Mirai angrily said. “If you’ll excuse me we have a lot of things to do!” Mirai said. She grabbed ryosuke’s hand and walked away from Kanata.

“E—eh? ! Chotto Mi-chan ! “ Kanata heard Ryosuke protested. He just followed his gaze to the two of them until they disappear on his sight.

He was about to leave when he saw a small picture lying on the floor. He picked it up. He saw Shida and Yamada on the picture. The photo was taken during their junior high days. It’s a selca of them. He looked at Shida. ‘She’s boyish since her junior high days.’ He smiled. He put the picture on his pocket and went towards the department store.

 

---++

Acquaintance Party

“Mi-chan ! Ryosuke is already here. Not finished yet?” she heard her mom’s voice.

“Chotto matte! “ she shouted back. “Nou ~! I really hate this ! “ she cursed as she saw her reflection in her mirror.

She wears the light blue dress she bought. The dress gives emphasize to every curves of her delicate body. She was uneasy. The dress Is made of thin satin cloth. It has embodied with small beads on the neckline. It only has a simple cut but when Mirai wear it, it gives her an elegant look. She neatly braided her hair sideward. She also apply a little makeup on her face, giving her a more innocent look. Who would have thought that the boyish SHIDA MIRAI has a hidden beauty within?

When she looks satisfied, she grabbed her small pouch and went downstairs.

Yamada’s POV

I felt that my jaw dropped the time I saw Mirai going downstairs. I felt that a part of me admired her. I didn’t know that the dress she bought make her looks simple but elegant. Her hair and makeup added an innocent look to her face. My heart beats fast when I saw an angel in front of me. I didn’t know that she has a strong charisma when she dresses like this. For the past years since they met, this is the very first time I saw her like that. The dress gives more emphasis to her iness.

“Hey ? !” she snapped her fingers in front of my face to get my attention.

“H-Hai?” I nervously asked.

“am I look ugly?:” Mirai asked.

“N-No. You’re beautiful.” I said, still looking at her innocent face.

I felt ashamed of myself. I am wearing the pink dress that I bought. I put the black curly wig on my head and I put a makeup on my face, giving me a seductive look. I want to attract Kanata, but what’s with this feeling. I somehow attracted to my best friend! Wait! I’m a gay isn’t it? I can’t be attracted to Mirai. I felt that I want to back home and change to suit attire. I felt that I want to get rid of my wig, my makeup and my dress. I want to change! I want to be the of this beautiful girl in front of me.

“Ryo-chan? !”  I snapped when I heard her called my name. “You okay?”

“H-Hai, let’s go?” I said.

I have no chance of going back home and change my clothes. I need to concentrate! I look at her. But how will I concentrate if she’s like this.

I escorted her until we get inside the car.

“You guys look great!” her father said when we’re already inside the car.

“Thank you.” I heard her answered.

“H-Hai.” I shyly said.

I still can’t take away my eyes on Mirai. She’s really beautiful tonight. This can’t be happening. I’m a gay.  I can’t admire a girl, especially my best friend. Focus Ryosuke ! This will be the night that I will tell Kanata about my feelings. I need to focus.

End of Yamada’s POV

 

--+

At the Party.

When the two of them arrived, all the attention of the students landed on them.

Mirai felt uneasy because of their stares.

“Ne Ryo-chan, do I look ugly on my dress?’” she asked Ryosuke.

“No you’re not my dear. You’re so beautiful trust me. By the way how do I look?” Ryosuke asked.

“You’re beautiful as always. No one will mistake you for a guy.” Mirai said and laugh.

They went to the farthest side of the gymnasium. They saw their classmates busy talking with each other.

“Mi-chan? ! “ Momoko, one of their classmates exclaimed when she saw Mirai.

“Woah ? ! Mi-chan !? is that you? You look so beautiful!” Airi said and give the two of them a seat beside her.

“Well thanks. I really don’t like this dress. It makes me feel uneasy. All the students’ attention was gaze to us.” Mirai said.

“Because it’s the first time they saw you wear like that! I bet Ryosuke will become a man now after this night.” Airi said and teased Ryosuke.

Ryosuke choked when he heard this.

“Stop it guys! Look isn’t he pretty with her dress?” Mirai said and proudly puts her hands in Ryosuke’s shoulders.

“Kawaii ne Ryo-chan ! You really look like a girl. I didn’t notice it was you.” Momoko said.

“Arigato.” Ryosuke cheerfully said.

After a few minutes, the party already started. There were games conducted for fun. Intermission numbers from talented students were presented. After the intermission number, the dinner was served. Sweet love songs were played as background music while the students were having their dinner. Some couples were dancing in the middle part of the gymnasium.

Mirai and Ryosuke were busy eating their dinner when someone showed up on Mirai’s side. It was Kanata.

“May I have a dance with you?” Kanata asked Mirai.

Mirai was surprised of what Kanata said. She was stunned at the handsome face of Kanata.

’He looks handsome’. Mirai said to herself.

His suit perfectly fits to his body. It gives him a more mature look. She felt a little admiration to herself. Her heart also beats fast. “Wait, what is this feeling? No it can’t be.”

She looks beside Ryosuke, who was staring at them. She can see a little hurt in his eyes.

“I don’t want to. I’m still eating.” Mirai said, avoiding his eyes.

“I’ll wait after you finish your dinner.” Kanata said.

All their classmates look at them. They just by their looks.

“Why don’t you ask Ryosuke-kun instead? Besides I don’t dance.” She said a bit irritated.

“Please. It is you that I want to have a dance with.” Kanata pleaded.

“You go Mi-chan. its okay. I’ll wait for you.” Ryosuke said to her. He was smiling, but she saw the sadness in his eyes.

“But---“

“I’m okay, im with Momoko and Airi.” He said and continued to eat.

Mirai sighed and stood up. Kanata smiled.

“Let’s go?” Kanata said and escorted Mirai in the middle part of the gym.

Ryosuke just look at them as they made their way on the dancing area. Inside him, it hurts a little. But he didn’t know what the real reason is. Could it be because Kanata invited Mirai to dance instead of him or could it be because he hates to see other guys being together with Mirai?

“Am I being jealous?” Ryosuke asked himself and continue to watch the two of them while dancing.

 

----

AN: Sorry for the long update :(

 

hope you will still like it. :)

 

comments are very much appreciated. :)

 

sorry for the typo's :)

 

THANKS :)

 

till next chapter !