006. wanting ; woohyun/myungsoo

WE ARE INFINITE: The 100-Fic Challenge

“What’s wrong hyung?” the younger looked into the older ones brown eyes. “Nothing” he sighed and sat down on the smooth wooden floor.
“Is it her again?” Myungsoo crossed his arms as he followed and sat down on the floor. They were in the practice room and everyone had gone back to the dorm except Myungsoo and Woohyun. Because Myungsoo wanted to know why Woohyun was so... to put it in simple terms awful these days. He hasn’t been dancing properly and he hasn’t even been giving out any hearts to his fans.

“Yeah, we broke up”
“Again?”
“She cheated on me.....”
“Well shouldn’t you be angry and not this melancholic that you found out and broke it off with her?”
“You don’t get it Myungsoo... I love her”
“Don’t you mean LOVED her?”
“No... loved is for something that happened and already ended.. Unfortunately I’m still love her Myungsoo!”
“How can you love her when she cheated on you?”
“I don’t know.. love does crazy things to you I suppose” Woohyun ruffled his hair.
“I know the feeling” Myungsoo whispered so that Woohyun wouldn’t hear.
“Shouldn’t we get back? Sunggyu hyung will go berserk if we go back too late.....” Myungsoo stood up.
“You go back... I just need to be alone for a while”
“Sure hyung...” Myungsoo went out of the practice room to hear a familiar song playing, it was Woohyun’s solo song Time.

know well that I can’t say anything
even so I’m searching for you but
I know well you won’t change your thoughts but
I still can’t forget you”


Myungsoo sighed and went back to the dorm alone. Back at the dorm Myungsoo was bombarded with questions from the other members about Woohyun.
“So what’s wrong with him? He hasn’t been acting like his usual self!” Dongwoo asked.
“He hasn’t been giving out his usual hearts!” Sungyeol exclaimed.
“Guys, chill... it’s just that girl, again” L casually explained.
“Are you kidding me?” Hoya asked.
“Well you know how she is, remember it’s not the first time she cheated on him. We’re just nice enough not to shed some light on the matter to Woohyun....” Sunggyu went to the sofa and the tv.
“You’re just gonna watch tv when one of your members in a melancholic state hyung?!” Dongwoo exclaimed.
“Let him be, he needs his space. Besides they broke up right?”
“Yup” L nodded.
“See, just let him be he needs time to adjust” Sunggyu went back to his tv show.

The next morning Woohyun seemed dazed and distracted. While a performance in an all girls high school Woohyun messed up the whole routine and got scolded by both the manager and Sunggyu, on a variety show he barely made a sound and he even cracked his voice at one point.
“What’s wrong with you?” Sunggyu exclaimed as Infinite stepped inside their dorm.
“Nothing hyung”
“Then get your act back together!” Sunggyu slammed the door of his room.
“Woohyun...” Myungsoo called out.
“What?”
“Come here” Myungsoo opened the door to the patio. It was already late and the cold breeze blew and touched their warm skin.
“She cheated on you and she left you, why does it have to be so hard?” Myungsoo three his arms to the air.
“I love her-”
“Stop with this I love her crap. It’s not like she’s sorry. Did she even ask for your forgiveness, did she even cry?”
“Well no....”
“Then she doesn’t love you!”
“How can you say that?”

Myungsoo couldn’t take it anymore, he took a deep breath and started to explain. “Look Woohyun we all don’t want you to get hurt anymore.”
“What do you mean?” Woohyun asked for an explanation.
“Well we saw her cheat on you before with another guy.”
“You’re lying!”
“I would never lie to you and if you don’t believe me you can just ask the other hyungs”
“Then why didn’t you guys tell me?”
“We didn’t want you to get hurt and we knew that if we told you before you’d be a mess like how you are now....”
“Gosh I’m so stupid....”
“For loving a girl like that...?”
“Yeah... I can’t believe I’m like that because of her” Woohyun leaned on the railing.
“Don’t blame yourself hyung” Myungsoo emphasized as Woohyun turned his body to see some parts of Seoul.
“I just... Don’t tell anyone but she was my first love...” “Are you kidding me, you fell for a girl like that?”
“Yeah....”
“Well there’s more fish in the sea hyung and you might’ve not seen them because of her...” Myungsoo’s eyes shined.
“Yeah I’ll find my girl” Woohyun pumped a fist high in the air but Myungsoo just sighed.
“What’s with the sigh?”
“Nothing hyung, why don’t we got in? It’s getting cold here”
“Psh let’s just stay here for a while” Woohyun took of his jacket and put it on his I-will-wear-nothing-except-black dongsaeng. “I know you were annoyed that the stylist noona didn’t bring your black hoodie, but just wear this for now kay?”
“Aren’t you gonna get cold?”
“Me, psh hell no.”
“Okay then” Myungsoo shut his mouth and leaned on the railing beside Woohyun.

Myungsoo’s pep talk had worked and Woohyun went back to his bubbly self and was happier then ever. One day after a performance as they were going back to the dorm the guys saw a girl approached them and it was none other then Woohyun’s ex-girlfriend. The members knew Woohyun couldn’t say no when she asked to talk to him in private so the just went in first. A few hours later Woohyun went back to the dorm with the widest smile he had ever had.


“What happened?” Sungjong asked.
“She wants me back!”
“Really?” Dongwoo asked.
“Yeah”
“Love struck idiot” Sunggyu said.
“No I’m not!” Woohyun replied as he spotted Myungsoo going into the patio. Myungsoo heard his hyungs footsteps and congratulated him “Congrats hyung.”
“Yeah, I’m so happy she asked me to get back together again... Wow it’s getting cold, wanna go in?”
“You go in hyung, I’m gonna stay here for a while” Myungsoo didn’t even turn his body to look at his hyung he just stared at the cold scenery in front of him.
“Okay they and here” Woohyun put his jacket on Myungsoo again. “So you won’t get cold”
When Myungsoo heard the door of the patio closed he shed a single tear. “When I said there’s more fish in the sea and you might’ve not seen them because of her... I meant me... Don’t you know how much I want you hyung?”

“I’ll wait for you now until time stops”

 


Word count: 1,115

Inspiration: Forgot, just found it on my laptop.