007. cigarettes ; dongwoo/woohyun

WE ARE INFINITE: The 100-Fic Challenge

Infinite just had a horrible scandal that greatly affected their status and slowly everything has been going downhill for them; to the point where they even get death threats from anti's. Of course most of the members didn't take it seriously. However they couldn't stop thinking if they should just give up being idols. The stars gleamed brightly as Dongwoo was sitting on a chair in the patio. 

 

"HYUNG!" Woohyun yelled as he opened the glass patio door. 

 

"What are you doing?" the younger asked. 

 

"Nothing really, just thinking," Dongwoo turned his head to get a clear look of Woohyun. Yet Woohyun noticed something stuck between Dongwoo's lips, it was a cigarette. 

 

"HYUNG! WHAT THE HELL-" 

"What?" 

"ARE YOU SMOKING? SUNGGYU HYUNG WILL KILL YOU IF HE FINDS OUT." 

"Bwoh?"

"I'M GONNA TELL MANAGER HYUNG THAT YOU ARE SMOKING!" Woohyun declared as he was about to go back into the dorm but Dongwoo grabbed his wrist.

"Woohyun, I am not smoking. See it's not even lit!"  

"Then why is there a cigarette in between your mouth?" 

 

"It's……………. a metaphor."

 

"A metaphor?" Woohyun asked with a confused look plastered on his face. 

 

"Yes, haven't you read that book?"

 

"What book?"

 

"Oh yeah you're just a stupid greasy goofball!" 

 

"Seriously hyung"

 

"It's this book called The Fault in Our Stars."

 

"So? What does a book have to do with smoking?"

 

"Sit Woohyun, I shall explain," Dongwoo dragged another chair to face him. 

 

Woohyun sat down like a little puppy and gave a "now-tell-me-or-else" look. "Hurry up hyung tell me, or I shall tell manager hung!"

 

"Ok so in the story there's this girl, who I don't really care about, but I found the leading male character to be interesting. His name is Augustus Waters, basically he had cancer and lost his leg but he likes to have a cigarette in his mouth as a metaphor…. Umm he's saying that you put the killing between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do it's killing." 

 

"What are you saying?" Woohyun asked. 

 

"Basically it means that we control our deaths or fate. In our case, we can't let some anti's get us down!" Dongwoo explained even further. 

 

"Wow, I never thought you were that deep hyung"

 

"Psh, I'm a genius" Dongwoo praised himself. 

 

"I think I'll do that too hyung….." Woohyun grabbed one of the cigarettes and put it in between his lips. Soon all of the Infinite members were doing it and somehow everything started to get better.