002. letters ; sungyeol/hoya

WE ARE INFINITE: The 100-Fic Challenge

"Can you do me a favor?" Choding asked Hoya. 

 

"And what could this favor be?" Hoya replied remembering Sungyeol's other favors, which included finishing his math homework, sleeping over at his house when he had nightmares from watching One Missed Call and waiting in line for 3 hours at a cd store because Sungyeol just had to have the new Secret cd. 

 

Sungyeol looked down to the ground. "Live without me for a week; meaning no calling, texting, skyping or any contact with me what so ever." Hoya placed his hand on Sungyeol's chin and looked at him straight the eye. "And why would or should I do that?"

 

"To prove that you love me. If you can do that I'll love you forever no matter what!" Sungyeol meekly smiled. 

 

"Hmmmm…. not seeing you for week and in turn you'll love me forever… That sounds like a good deal to me" 

 

"Really?"

 

"Sure. Well, it's actually hard for me to spend even a second without you but I'll do anything if it means you'll love me forever!" Hoya hugged Sungyeol. 

 

"Yes, I promise that by the end of the week I'll love you forever" Sungyeol hugged Hoya back. 

 

It was already hard enough for Hoya to live a day without Sungyeol but now a week. Yet the thought of Sungyeol loving him forever kept popping up each time Hoya wanted to call or make contact with Sungyeol. "Come on Hoya it's only a week and then he'll be yours forever" Hoya chanted. 

 

They met through a letter; a letter that Hoya wrote to Sungyeol. It took him an hour to write that 9, scratch that 10 worded letter as he wanted Sungyeol more than anything in the world. But those 10 words really won Sungyeol over. 

 

Dear Sungyeol,

I like love you, will you be mine? 

 

The horrible week finally came to an end and Hoya tried to call Sungyeol but he didn't pick up. It was weird Sungyeol never not pick up his phone. So Hoya went to Sungyeol's house, there he saw Sungyeol's mom sitting on the porch and crying. 

 

"Hello eommonim!" Hoya smile cheerfully, oblivious of what had happened. 

 

"Hoya, I'm so sorry" Sungyeol's mom cried. 

 

"What why? And where's Sungyeol?"

 

"Sungyeol passed away" Hoya stiffened. 

 

"Funny joke eommonim but where is he?

 

"I'm telling you the truth Hoya" 

 

"I don't believe you"

 

"Sungyeol has been very weak since he was born, we knew this day would happen, but not this fast" Sungyeol's mom sobbed even louder.

 

"But why would he ask me to leave him if he knew…." 

 

"Come with me Hoya" Sungyeol's mom lead Hoya to their living room and there on a table covered with white cloth was a picture of Sungyeol and a jar behind it. Hoya fell to the floor and cried. He regrets agreeing to Sungyeol's favor. 

 

"He asked me to give you this…" Sungyeol's mom handed Hoya a purple envelope. Hoya slowly opened it to see a letter inside and a picture of Hoya and Sungyeol making piece signs and laughing. 

 

Dear Hoya,

Remember your letter? I really fell for you because of those 10 simple words, that's how we were simple, but I loved it, I loved how we were and that's why I decided to write you this letter.

 

I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything and suddenly asked you to live without me for a week. So how was it? It was hard, right? But now I need you to keep living like that, live without me, be happy, and always remember that I'm watching you! kekeke 

Well, now it's my end of the bargain.

 

My purple teddy bear Hoya, I promise that I'll love you and be yours, forever. 

Love your Sungyeol. 

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Hoya cried as his vision blurred. 

 

"I know your watching me right now Choding. Always remember that I love you too 'kay" Hoya went out of the house and screamed to the dark star filled sky. 

 

 


 

Total word count: 667 words

Inspiration: Something I found on the web or I think it was lovegivesmehope.