009. fiction; sunggyu/myungsoo

WE ARE INFINITE: The 100-Fic Challenge

 

Both of them were walking slowly through a sea of brown and green leaves that were slowing cascading the scenery; with the younger walking slightly behind the older. 

 

"Are you sure?" Sunggyu looked at his boyfriend amusingly. 

 

L nodded with a determined look in his eyes "I'm sure! I will go to your university no matter what."

 

"You don't have to….." L sighed

 

"I don't have to but" L paused for a second and held Sunggyu's hand "I want to."

 

Sunggyu turned his head and patted the younger "Whatever you say then." 

 

Sunggyu's three years older than Myungsoo; in mathematical terms it might not be different but in reality there's a huge gap between them. Myungsoo tried his best to keep up but considering that he is still a high school student while Sunggyu is already in University didn't really help. But since it was Myungsoo's last year of high school he was determined to go to Sunggyu's university; Seoul University. Even though Sunggyu only had a year to go, it didn't matter to Myungsoo. All that mattered was that for a year he would be near Sunggyu 24/7. 

 

"Aren't you happy that I'll be going to your University?" L pouted.

 

"Of course I am, but don't you think it'll be hard considering Seoul University is one of South Korea's most prestigious universities," Sunggyu explained. 

 

L stopped in his tracks and looked at Sunggyu in the eye "So you think I'm not smart enough?" 

 

"No it's not that!" 

 

"So only my looks count huh?" 

 

"No, no, no… You're my smart and adorable Myungsoo," Sunggyu came closer to his boyfriend. 

 

"Say that again" L smirked.

 

"You're my smart and….." 

 

"No, leave out the smart and adorable." 

 

"You're my Myungsoo," L smiled and hugged his boyfriend. 

 

"That's all I need to hear from you" 

 

"Same here" 

 

They both met each other when L was in his first year of high school and Sunggyu in his last. It was a random encounter at the library, yet somehow they hit it off. Everyone thought their relationship wouldn't last cause think about it a freshman and a senior, but they proved everyone wrong

 

"Now let's go to my place, it's cold here." Sunggyu took L's hand and led him to his car. They both sat and put on their safety belts. 

 

"I can't wait to see you every hour of everyday!" L smiled in glee. 

 

"Don't get over excited" Sunggyu laughed. They stopped at a red light and Sunggyu turned his head to look at L. L was staring into space, probably day dreaming about how he will spend his first year of uni with Sunggyu. "He's so cute" Sunggyu thought. 

 

Sunggyu slowly placed his hand on L's chin and turned so that L would look at him. "Always remember that I love you, kay?" Sunggyu looked deeply into L's eyes. 

 

"Of course" L replied. Sunggyu slowly leaned in until he felt L's lips on his. Sunggyu deepened he kiss, suddenly a truck was coming towards them at top speed and then everything went pitch black. 

 

Sunggyu's senses began to come back; he noticed that a faint smell of anasthetic covered the room and someone calling him out. "Hyung, Sunggyu hung!"

 

"What?" Sunggyu opened his eyes to see Hoya and a plain white room. "Where am I?" Sunggyu sat up straight with his head throbbing. 

 

"At the hospital, some stupid truck crashed into your car."

 

"Really? What where's Myungsoo?" Sunggyu asked. 

 

"Wait, why are you asking me about him?" Hoya asked back. 

 

"He's my boyfriend, I love him; Why wouldn't I ask about him?"

 

"Weren't you the one who was getting tired of him and wanted to get rid of him as soon as possible" Hoya smirked. 

 

"What?" Sunggyu wondered but then everything came back to him, he wasn't the perfect boyfriend who held and loved L as he should. He was barely there, well he was almost never there. At the beginning he did love L but as time passed he grew bored, he hated how L would follow him like a lost puppy. He also remembered what actually happened before the crash, how he had a fight with L claiming that he's too possessive and a creepy stalker for following Sunggyu everywhere to the point where L was crying in the car right before the crash; everything he thought had happened was a little lie or fiction that his mind made up cause in the back of his mind he really did love L but just forgot about it. 

 

"No, I didn't mean-" Sunggyu croaked with tears covering his face. 

 

"He's in room 311, you should go there. Things don't look too good," Sunggyu raced to L's room to see L covered with tubes. 

 

"What happened to him" Sunggyu asked, then he had a flashback on the crash and how L covered Sunggyu and that's why Sunggyu wasn't as badly injured as L was. 

 

"I'm so sorry" Sunggyu held L's delicate hand. With just a single touch L's eyes slowly fluttered open. 

 

"Myungsoo, I'm so sorry" 

 

"I accept your apology, but who are you?" L slowly replied. The doctor came in and explained to Sunggyu that L had internal head trauma and lost some of his memories. "I'm sorry that this happened to you, but now we'll start fresh Myungsoo… My Myungsoo" Sunggyu caressed L's face. L only stared at Sunggyu, he doesn't remember who Sunggyu is but he liked, no loved, how Sunggyu said My Myungsoo.

 

 

Total word count: 912