Now or Never

Lupunzel, Lupunzel Let Down Your Long Hair!

cr: ┋Sparkle Moon Graphics┋ by Dream-

---

 

"Go take a bath, Kai" Luhan runs a hand on Kai's arm and smiles, "I've prepared a hot bubble bath for you"

The taller young man holds his breath every time Luhan touches him. Not that he dislikes it but it'd be bad if he suddenly jumped on the blonde, wouldn't it? Maybe because this is the first time Luhan met another living that is not his mother, Kai kinda understands the want and excitement Luhan has but the skinship is just too much. But 'Did he really have to whisper 'hot bubble bath' like that?!'

Luhan is very clingy and touchy. He left no gap between them when they were having dinner, he keeps touching Kai; arms, hands, hair, thighs and other place that is touchable as he talks or even compliment his body part. Glad Luhan understands what private area is. Kai is like some experiment frog for Luhan. This is what happenned when you give a new toy to a five year old. The criminal is forever innocent.

 

Luhan will ask him to cuddle on bed, sure, Kai already predicted that. But Luhan opening the bathroom door and suggesting that he would scrub Kai's back didn't cross his mind. He manages to shoo Luhan away though, the older walks out the bathroom with a pout. 'God, what did I do... Oh right, I stole a crown from Phoebus Palace' Kai drowns his head into the warm water.

 

"Kai~ Brush my hair, please?" Luhan shoves a pink big brush in front of him with a smile. 'Does he ever stop smiling?!' But he takes it with a shrug of 'Sure' though.

"You know," Luhan starts, "This is my first time having another man brush my hair beside Mama" he smiles brightly. 'I know Luhan and I bet all of your first times are with me' Kai rolls his eyes as he gently brushing the long blonde, cheeks slightly red at 'all of your first times' because there's no freaking way the chubby iguana took Luhan's ity right? Great, now his mind is occupied with weird, impossible thoughts. Kai shakes his head frantically.

"Flower gleam and glow... Let your power shine..."

Oh it sounds familiar in Kai's ears. Something click in his mind. 'So it really was his voice I had heard back at the forest' Somehow he feels like Luhan's voice was purposely guiding him here, to let himself to be found by Kai. Destiny, destiny.

Kai's non-stop thoughts stops abruptly and his eyes are wide when Luhan's hair is glowing in his hands. He wants to scream but he is too shocked to even let it out. So he just sits there, completely frozen and that Baozi did not just roll his eyes at him for being minded. Luhan stops singing and turn around to see Kai.

"Kai? Are you okay?"

Luhan's soft touch on his cheek makes him blink, "Y-yes?"

"My hair..." Luhan fidgets with some strands between his slender fingers, "Uhm please don't freak out" he sighs, because Kai already freaks out. "My hair glows when I sing that song... That's why Mama locked me here, people will try to kidnap or even kill me to have my hair..." his doe eyes are glistening under the moonlight and Kai feels another sick twist. He doesn't even realize he has enveloped Luhan in his arms, hugging him and caressing his hair. Now it's Luhan's turn to be frozen, but Kai's warmth makes him smile lovingly and his fingers are grasping Kai's shirt. Luhan snuggles closer to Kai's neck, his warm breath wakes Kai from his hazy mind and slowly release the hug. Though Luhan is disappointed that the hug is over, he whispers a soft 'thank you' to Kai. He doesn't know why he thanks the younger man but it just rolls out from his thin lips.

 

"Good morning Kai~ Wakey wakey!"

Ugh. Kai is not a morning person. He even hates saying a 'good morning' so he replies Luhan's chirp with a sleepy groan. But Luhan decides to throw himself on the younger man.

"C'mon Kai wake up!"

He starts to poke Kai's cheek to get no response but a soft snore. Then he remembers one day when he didn't want to wake up from his bed and that Baozi had to his face. So Luhan Kai. An experimental poke from the tip of his tongue on Kai's cheek then a long from his defined jawline till it reaches under Kai's still closed eyes. And Luhan is now Kai's face like he was a dog its master.

"Ungh wha...?"

His eyes suddenly widen when Luhan lands a on his bottom lip. He abruptly sits up, causing Luhan to be thrown backward with a soft thud.

"What," Kai places two fingers on his -by-Luhan lip, "are you doing?"

"Uhm...waking you up?" Luhan tilts his head.

"Listen, Luhan," he sighs frustratedly, "You don't wake someone up by -- by them, okay?"

"Why? Baozi did.." he frowns, pointing at the unguilt iguana who immediately puffs his green chubby cheeks.

"Because--" Kai tries to reason, "You uhh- you just don't. Okay" 

"What if I want to?"

"...Excuse me?"

"Yeah. What if I want to you, Kai?"

Oh. Dear. God. Is it that bad to stole a single crown?

 

"Kai, do you know what these are?" Luhan shows him his favorite painting. "Sky lanterns?" Kai asks as he looks up, his mind goes back to yesterday's scene when Luhan was arguing with his 'Mama'. Luhan nods and his mouth shaped a round O. "Sky lanterns..." he whispers as his fingers trace his own painting.

"I really want to see them. Upclose, I mean... I only have seen them from my balcony..." his eyes glistened with sad, "Why they only appear once a year? It's going to appear tomorrow, isn't it?"

"Tomorrow is a Sky Lantern Festival day, it held once a year. People from The Land of The Sun make them in the day while having some dance and music carnaval with big feast then they will float the sky lanterns they had make, up to the night sky as a closing ceremony"

"What is it that they celebrate every year?" Luhan is now sitting next to Kai, hugging his arm to his chest like a 3 years old hugging her favorite doll.

"Actually it's not celebrating. More like, reminiscing. The Phoebus Prince was gone missing when he was a baby, then the king decided this festival on the prince's born day. They try to attract him to get back home by the noises they make in the day and the sky lanterns content their prayers as well as lights that they hope will guide the lost prince..."

"Woaah... I didn't know there is this kind of story behind it!" Luhan shows amuzement on his face. For a minute there, Luhan just clings more to Kai's arm as he plays with his toes, beautiful smile framing his evenly beautiful face. Kai only stares at him withoput blinking, mesmerized by the beauty that is Luhan. Then the beauty turns his head, face only 3 centimetres from Kai's. 'I did not just calculate our gap' Kai tries to turn from the doe eyes but before he manages to, the thin lips speak. "Hey, Kai..." he pauses for a breath, "Do you think...the lost prince will ever be back?"

 

Kai bites his lip, groaning inside, when Luhan asks him if he could drop Luhan by the Sky Lanter Festival in his journey to wherever he wants to go to. In another meaning, Luhan asks Kai to help him escape from the tower, from his Mama, bringing Luhan along in his dangerous journey. But dammit those doe eyes and pout, Kai feels like jumping out of the tower right then and there when he stutters an 'okay' and even worrying about Luhan's hair, so he offers Luhan to braid it so it is shortened to knee-length only. The doe eyes sparkling, because he never done anything to his hair before and Kai just shrugs it off by 'I used to braid my friend's little sister so...' Then he starts to braid it carefully, golden strands by golden strands, and finish it with little bright pink flowers scattered neatly on the braided. He smiles with glint of satisfied then Luhan just has to thank him by a peck on each of his cheeks.

'.........This will be the first and last time I ever steal a ing.crown'

 

Look at the world! So close and I'm halfway to it!

Look at it all! So big, do I even dare?

Look at me, there at last!

I just have to do it

Should I? 
No

 

"Come on, Luhan!" Kai yells from the ground, he has climbed down the tower by Luhan's hair.

"Here I go..."

Luhan takes a deep breath before finally step a foot out of his balcony, Baozi on his left shoulder. He almost slips but Kai catches him in the right time. Luhan has his arms circling around Kai's neck and the back of his thighs are being supported by strong hands that are itch to squeeze it. Their eyes locked for a moment then Luhan's eyes turn into two crescents, there are crooked lines under the tip of his eyes. 'Oh it's even more beautiful up close... So cute--' Then Kai clears his throat and drop Luhan to his feet.

 

Just smell the grass! The dirt! Just like I dreamed they'd be!

Just feel that summer breeze, the way it's calling me

For like the first time ever, I'm completely free!

I could go running and racing and dancing and chasing and leaping and bounding

Hair flying, heart pounding and splashing and reeling and finally feeling...

 

"What is this? It's moving!"

"The wind feels so good, right Kai?"

"I'm flying~ Kai! I'm flying!"

"Come on, Kai! Dance with me!"

"Oh my God! Look!"

"It's so soft and fluffy, Kai! Like your lips!"

 

Luhan's excitement literally echoing in the forest. He runs here, jump there, dance back to Kai only to drag him along, little fingers with curiosity touching everything new, and his smile is never any brighter that it even intimidates the sunlight. The entwined hands are warm, clasped tight yet soft. And without they realize it, their hearts are slowly entwined to each other as well. This time, Luhan can feels Kai's stomach twist in his own.

 

Now's when my life begins!

 

---

a/n: this chapter is full of kailu huhuhuhuhu my feels ;u; /explodes/

btw, changed the font style, is this one okay? ^^;;;;