Of Golden Hair, Tower, and Prince Charming

Lupunzel, Lupunzel Let Down Your Long Hair!

cr: ┋Sparkle Moon Graphics┋ by Dream-

---

 

Queen Taozi panted and the maid swept her sweat off of her forehead, a thin smile was on her beautiful face. The king sat with the new born baby in his arms, he smiled lovingly to his wife. "Thank you, my love" he kissed her head. She rubbed her thumb on the baby's cheek gently and there were happy tears on her tired eyes. The baby had short blonde hair with milky skin, doe eyes blinked the remaining tears.

"He has your hair and skin" she looked up to Kris. "And your beautiful thin lips" Kris added.

"Han..." Tao said as she trailed her gaze to the window, the morning sunlight seeped through the silk curtain. The king looked like he was in a deep thought for a while before he said, "Light-footed child with a courageous and caring heart, and smile as bright as the sun" he continued, "Lu Han"

The king and queen smiled, planting kisses on each of the baby's cheeks.

 

-

 

It was five months later when Chen sneaked into the palace and broke into the baby's room. He grinned when he spotted the baby's crib.

"Hello, Prince Luhan" he traced his fingers on the baby's face then to his blonde hair, then he cleared his throat.

"Flower gleam and glow... Let your power shine..."

The baby's hair started to glow, just like how the legendary flower did when Chen sang to it. With a smirk, the wizard brought his sharp nail to the glowing hair and cut it. But much to his surprise, the strand of golden hair died down in his palm and turned brown. The wizard gasped before he clenched his fist tightly and whispered a 'I'll be back, my prince' before he dashed out of the room.

 

"Are you crazy?!"

"I'm fine, thank you, my dearest unicorn"

Chen swayed his finger, then a huge wall made from trees and bushes appeared. Inside it, he built a high tower from stones and woods. There were no doors, no stairs, only a less than two metres window almost on the very top of the tower was made. All credit to his magic. 'Why bother to use a stupid stick to use magic tsk it's so hundred years ago' he smiled cockily, proud of what he had made.

"Ah~ what a perfect prison for a prince" he chuckled darkly.

 

"NOOO!! I WANT MY BABY! WHERE IS MY BABY?!!"

"Taozi! Taozi! Please, calm down!"

"GIVE ME MY XIAOLU!!"

"MY QUEEN!!"

Queen Taozi slided down to the carpeted floor, hand clutching tightly on the baby crib's bar and another hand cupped her own mouth. Hot tears were streaming down her face like a river, her shoulders sobbed violently. King Kris hugged her tightly as he gritted his teeth, trying to hold his cry but a single tear couldn't help to run down his cheek as well.

"No... My baby Luhan..."

 

Four years later...

 

"Flower, gleam and glow..."

Luhan sang beautifully as Chen brushed his golden waist-length hair. It was glowing and like a routine, Chen's skin smoothening and he was becoming even more handsome each year.

"Good boy" Chen patted his head and Luhan beamed.

"Mama, can I ride your unicorn?"

"I'm sorry but you can't Lulu"

"...Why?"

"Because... Lay can't climb up here, and you can't climb down there sweetheart"

Luhan's face then fell, "Oh, Lulu... Mama only wants the best for you. Mama don't want you to get hurt from the outside world" he caressed Luhan's face.

Upon seeing his Mama's sad eyes, Luhan bit his lip and tried to cheer up, "I understand, Mama. Thank you... Lulu loves you sooo much!" he wrapped his tiny hands around Chen's body. "Mama loves you too, my dearest flower" he smirked then got up from his seat, "Now, Mama have to go. Mama have things to do and will be back in three days for a trip. Be a good boy and I shall return with present for you" Luhan nodded excitedly, "Yes, Mama. Have a safe trip!" Then the wizard climbed down the tower with a rope. He waved up to Luhan before he disappeared in between the huge green wall-like bushes with Lay.

 

Seventeen years later...

 

It was a one fine morning, Luhan stretched and opened the only window in his tower.

"Good morning, Baozi!"

The iguana blinked from his sleep then yawned, chubby cheeks stretched and sleepy tears were on the edge of his small line-like eyes.

 

7 AM, the usual morning lineup

Start on the chores and sweep 'til the floor's all clean

Polish and wax, do laundry, and mop and shine up

Sweep again, and by then it's like 7:15

 

With a bored face, Baozi watched Luhan who shuffled happily to every corners of the tower while singing. Light feet dancing and tapping on the wooden floor along with his loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong blonde hair tangled everywhere. The sun shoned on his milky skin felt warm, just like his beautiful smile.

 

And so I'll read a book

Or maybe two or three

 

Wishes Upon The Sea, Snow Flake and Seven Midgets, Brandy Kisses and Brown Blankets, Pinkelina, The Kreepy Headquarter, Phantasmagoria, Under The Falling Snow, Of Rainbow Unicorn. Luhan had read them all and the storylines were printed in his very mind. Chen had brought them all as presents from his journeys and Luhan was excited every time his 'Mama' would go on a trip, because that meant more fairy tale books (or some plushies) for him to read in his free time.

 

I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery

I'll play guitar and knit

And cook and basically

Just wonder when will my life begin?

 

The wall had Luhan's paintings on it. Chen gave him a set of painting tools for his 10th birthday and he liked to paint the stoned-wall. He had painted the waterfall near the tower, a forest, unnamed creatures, and sometimes he would just splat the paint on it or stamped his hand prints.

One painting was his favourite. Night sky full with lights. He didn't know what it was so he simply thought that it was star. But the 'stars' would only showed up once a year. On his birthday. And he couldn't help but feel like it was meant for him while staring at it with dreamy eyes and a thin smile on his face.

 

Luhan picked up his ukulele, his 12th birthday present, and strummed the strings with his slim fingers in front of Baozi's face, just to make his dear pet reacted to the random tunes.

Luhan was not a good cook, but he still made some edible food though he preferred Chen's cook. Chen would cook for him and stored the food so Luhan could reheat it for the next two days. 

 

Then after lunch it's puzzles and darts and baking

Paper mache, a bit of ballet and chess

Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making

Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch, take a climb,

Sew a dress!

 

Luhan pulled Baozi along with him and made the chubby iguana do little dances. Then Luhan sulked when Baozi kept winning the games they played. The pet just rolled his eyes boringly at the pouting Luhan. "Cheating Baozi!" He pinched the iguana's cheeks then got up, going to make a new costume or accessory for Baozi. "We have bows, ribbons, capes... What should I make this time?" He wandered as he picked a deep blue and sky blue yarns. "How about sweater for you in the winter, Baozi?" he grinned and started to sew.

When he felt his muscles stiffened, the sweater was done then he smiled with proud before he fold it neatly in the drawer, along with another stuffs he had made himself. Luhan stretched and started to dance again to lessened his muscles from all the sewing.

 

And I'll reread the books

If I have time to spare

I'll paint the walls some more, I'm sure there's room somewhere

And then I'll brush and brush, and brush and brush my hair

Stuck in the same place I've always been

 

With sweaty forehead, he sat on the windowsill and just breathe. Baozi always disliked this time around, he didn't like the lonely, longing face showed on Luhan's face, he preferred the mornings when Luhan was all cheerful and shone brightly. Luhan sighed again today, chin settled on his palm and doe eyes looked up to the sky. Sometimes he sobbed, sometimes he laughed, sometimes he daydreamed, and sometimes he told his dreams to the silent air.

"Ah~ Where is my prince charming? Isn't he longing for my sweet kiss?" he grinned and blushed, tracing his thin lips with strands of blonde hair.

 

Luhan was denying to call himself a 'princess' at first, but according to the stories he had read, the prince would be the one who save the princess from prison or evils or curse or whatever the story told. But one night he looked at his reflection on the mirror while brushing his blonde hair, thinking 'Look at me... My hair is freaking long and I've been locked up in a tower for twenty years by my own Mama, can't even step on the ground... What kind of princess is waiting for me to save her? I'm the one who need to be saved instead...' with a sad laugh. But he quickly erased the negative thoughts and convinced himself that it was all for his own good, as 'Mama' would say, and considered himself lucky to have such magical hair. The next day, he started to imagine his prince charming on a white horse, freeing him from the tower and they would have a beautiful grand wedding, lived happily ever after. Just like what written on the books.

 

And I'll keep wonderin' and wonderin'

And wonderin' and wonderin'

When will my life begin?

 

---

a/n: did you guys notice the title of books luhan had read? xD i edited snow white and thumbelina lol and decided to put in titles of my favorite kailu fics from my favorite authors! pmsl :3

here, author-nim, i even showed my love for your fics in my own fic /happy sobs/ <3

now imma work ma y on kreepy principal! >_<

please leave some feedback and love for me to keep alive kkk~