The Reality I Wanted

Lupunzel, Lupunzel Let Down Your Long Hair!

cr: ┋Sparkle Moon Graphics┋ by Dream-

---

 

"!" he ran away from the guards that were chasing him with horses that could kill him with one kick. "Baek! Go that way!" he yelled to one of his partner in crime as he jumped over a rock and rolled down the hill, dirt printed on his white shirt and black vest. The guards held back their horses before they could fall down and with some scoffs, they turned their heads to his two partners that were running up, brown bag clutched tightly. The young man then got back on his feet and continued his run to the direction of his partners. "The , Chanyeol?!!" He came in the right time, his partners were being cornered by the guards so he whistled and soon he ran as fast as he could with a smirk and hid in the forest with the brown bag his partner had thrown down to him slung on his broad shoulder.

 

And I'll keep wonderin' and wonderin'

And wonderin' and wonderin'

When will my life begin?

 

"What was that?" he turned his head left and right, eyes skimming his surrounding but his sight met with nothing but big trees, bushes, and another big trees. 'Seems like someone's singing' he frowned as he walked around, still trying to find the beautiful and soft melodious yet sad voice he just heard. And somehow the ground was slippery and there was another rock--wait, was it his own leg? Anyway, he stumbled and was going to get his handsome face crashed onto a sickly green edge but instead, he fell through the edge and his forehead hit the grassy ground.

'What day is today?!! Falling day?!' He groaned and knelt, hand rubbing circles on his sore forehead. He blinked and looked at his surrounding again. Everything was healthy green with flower beds scattered and there was a small waterfall acroos him and 'Holy--is that a...tower??' he got up and brushed his pants as he walked closer to the tower. It was made of stones and he couldn't find a freaking door, only a balcony and a window. 'Maybe there's a beautiful princess up there, hah' He scoffed as he recalled the voice he heard before. He decided to climbed up by grabbing the round stones which sticked out all over the tower, thinking maybe he could get another crown and even meet the beautiful voice.

 

"KYYAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Slap!

"OUCH! YAH!!"

"WHO ARE YOU WHAT DO YOU WANT OH MY GOD YOU'RE GOING TO KIDNAP ME AND MY HAIR AREN'T YOU???!!"

"WHAT THE ACTUAL--"

"OH MY GOD BAOZI PROTECT ME!!"

Plop!

The stranger grip Baozi's tail with his thumb and point finger, dragging the chubby iguana away from his face. He glares at the culprit who is hiding behind the chair, doe eyes peeking and blonde hair hugged tightly to his chest. '

'My, isn't he charming...'

Bronze skin, raven hair, and wow what a pair of lips. There's a hint of muscle pressed to his shirted arms, and a single sweat just slides down his revealed chest oh is that a peeking... Luhan blushes as he stares at the stranger in front of him.

"Ar--are you....perhaps, my p-prince??"

Luhan cranes his neck, revealing his baby face from behind the chair. The stranger throw Baozi to his left, "What" Luhan slowly stands and move the chair aside, "Are you my prince?" he repeats his question, face shining with a wide smile. "You--you come to save me, aren't you?" he runs to the stranger and grip his hands, "Oh, my prince! You don't know how long I've been waiting for you!" Luhan then envelopes the stranger in his tight hug.

"Whoa whoa! Easy there, little missy!" the stranger pushes Luhan away, "I may be gorgeous but unfortunately, I'm not a prince, okay? Moreover, your prince. I'm sorry to whatever fantasy in your blonde head you have there" he straighten his vest.

Luhan's smile fades away, shoulders slump and a disappointed 'Oh..' escape his thin lips. The air is awkward and the stranger feels bad about it, "Hey uhm... I-- my name is Kai a-and I'm really sorry for breaking in your tower like this but I'm currently running away from some people and uhh..."

Luhan blinks as he listens to Kai's speech. 'Beautiful...' Kai clears his throat as he shakes the thought and upcoming blush away, "Can I... can I hide here for awhile? Please?" he whispers the last word. Luhan smiles again and nods, he reaches a hand out, "Well, hello Kai! I'm Luhan!" 

Kai thought an angel is standing right before his eyes and 'oh isn't the angel's hand so soft...' He quickly pulls back his hand once it makes contact with Luhan's. The contrast of their skin make him want to trace his tan fingers on every milky surface.

 

"Lulu~ Mama's here, darling. Let down your hair!"

Chen yells, basket of bread, meat, and fresh fruit in his left hand.

Luhan groans at the voice calling him. He was thinking of a way to tell Chen about what he wants, he dreams, for his 21st birthday, which is the day after tomorrow. With heavy steps, he heads toward the balcony and drags his freaking long blondish hair with him and throw it outside. He feels 'Mama' tugs at it and starts to climb up, he winces a little and holds his hair to lessen the pain.

"Hello, my little flower" Chen smiles and hug Luhan who replies it weakly. Chen notices the lack of 'sunshine' and frowns. "Are you okay? Are you not happy seeing Mama?" Luhan immediately looks up and shake his head furiously, "No! No! It's not about t-that, Mama..." he bites his lower lip. "Tell Mama what's in your little head, darling" Luhan hesitates but he takes a deep breath, bracing himself.

"You know, Mama..." he starts, "I will be 21 in two days, right..."

"Oh right! I forgot!" Chen laughs, "What do you want this year, Lulu? More plushies? Glittered yarns? Or a mate for Baozi, perhaps?" he laughs again.

"No... I don't want any of that, Mama..." Luhan looks down and his fingers are fidgeting with some blonde strands, "I-I want... Can you... Uhm..."

"Spill it, untangled your tongue!" Chen raised his voice, startling the poor Luhan.

"Mama, I, I want...to g-go outside..."

Before Luhan even get his thin lips to word out a 'please' Chen stands with anger shown on his face.

"You want to go outside?! Why, Lupunzel?? Look at you, as fragile as a flower. Still a little sapling, just a sprout. You know why we stay up in this tower"

"I know...but--"

"That's right! To keep you safe and sound, dear. Guess I always knew this day was coming. Knew that soon you'd want to leave the nest. Soon, but not yet"

"B-but..."

"Shh! Trust me, pet! Mama knows best! Mama knows best! Listen to your mother It's a scary world out there. Mama knows best! One way or another, something will go wrong, I swear! Ruffians, thugs, poison ivy, quicksand, cannibals and snakes. The plague!"

Chen walks around the room with furious steps as he talk, hands thrown in the heavy air and eyes wide in showing his anger. Luhan shouts a 'No!' doe eyes are tearing up and his clenching fists tremble.

"Please! Please, Mama! Just this once! I-it's my coming age, I'm grown enough to step outside! And I really want to see the s-stars!" he chokes on his own voice. "What stars? You can see them every night! Don't be stupid, Luhan!"

But Luhan shakes his head as he walked to the curtained wall and pull it, revealing a beautiful night sky painting with lights. His favorite painting. "These stars! They are only there once a year on my birthday.." he traced his fingertips on the painted wall, "I feel like...it is meant for me, Mama... I really need to see it closer, once, just once--so, please. Please..."

"Skip the drama! Stay with Mama! Sloppy, underdressed, immature, clums. Please, they'll eat you up alive. Gullible, naÎve, positively grubby, ditzy and a bit, well, hmm...vague. Plus, I believe, gettin' kinda chubby. I'm just saying 'cause I wuv you"

Luhan's chin is grabbed harshly by Chen's hand, making him to face the big mirror. Chen's fingers are clawed into Luhan's soft cheeks, leaving some crescent red marks on the flawless skin, his lips shape into an ugly fishy face. He sees himself in a crumpled pink shirt and khaki pants. His long blonde hair curls messily all over the room and he's whimpering.

He looks pathetic.

"Mama understands. Mama's here to help you"

Chen makes a sad face and hugs Luhan dearly from behind, fingers rubbing softly on his milky face. Then he turns Luhan to face him and cups his cheeks. "Baby, don't cry..." he wipes Luhan's tears, "I'm going to bake you your favorite pie for your birthday, okay?" Luhan pressed a thin smile and nodded. Chen lands a kiss on his head and turns away to climb down, leaving Luhan in the lone tower for another year.

"Luhan?"

"Yes?"

"Don't ever ask to leave this tower again"

"Yes, Mama..."

"I love you very much, dear"

"I love you more"

"I love you most"

Chen grasps Luhan's hair as he hooks a leg out of the balcony but stop for a sec and turn his head back to Luhan, only to whisper a 'Don't forget it, you'll regret it' then smiles and finally climb down. When he disappears between the green edge, Luhan slides down to his knees, tears wetting the wood floor and he sobs really hard.

 

I've got my Mama's love, I shouldn't ask for more

I've got so many things, I should be thankful for

Yes, I have everything- except, I guess, a door...

Perhaps it's better that I stay in...

But tell me... when will my life begin?

 

Kai tried really hard not to just bursted out of the closet to hug Luhan. He bit his lip and gripped his fists to hold himself, when Luhan shed the first tears he had closed his eyes.

'What kind of parent is locking their own child in a tower like this? With no one to communicate, not knowing what happened with world. That's cruel'

Kai felt a sick twist in his stomach, or was it in his heart? When Luhan told him that he was really happy to have Kai came into his tower and that 'You are very welcomed to stay as long as you want to! And please do come back here again sometimes!' He was even more shocked when he knew that Luhan has lived here for almost 21 years and that he actually was a male'How could he live here, all alone, for that long?!' Even Kai himself was not really happy in his 19 years of life, minus a tower. He snapped his eyes open when Luhan sobbed hard on his knees, he sighed and slowly walked to the crying young man. When Luhan chuckled by his unfamous krong hands, Kai let himself smiled widely to a stranger for the first time. A beautiful stranger.

 

"Hey..." Kai clears his throat as he slowly walks out from Luhan's closet. Luhan forgets he hid a stranger there. "You are ugly" Luhan cries even harder at that, Baozi throws a dirty look to Kai and even tries to attack him with a slap of his iguana tongue, but Kai continues, "You are ugly... When you're crying" he rubs his neck awkwardly before he whispers a faint of 'Smile, Luhan'

Kai makes a weird smile matches with some weird hand grabbing gestures. But it's not the smirk he showed Luhan when he jumped in his tower or the cold words he had said to Luhan. Besides, the hand gestures make him looks cute, and he is handsome, Luhan thinks. So he lets the corner of his lips tug up into a smile that gradually turn into a light chuckle.

 

---

a/n: ohoh i wrote this pretty fast ahah whatever, leave some comments guys! <3

p.s: new poster! requested from a poster shop hoho~ so happy now i have two posters to use :3