Once Upon A Flower

Lupunzel, Lupunzel Let Down Your Long Hair!

cr: shiiningstars @ tumblr

---

 

A drop of sunlight fell to the ground wetted by morning dew. The ground where it had dropped was shining. It seeped down, making small golden roots. Then there was a green stem with leafs around it, sprouted out of the ground. Slowly, a golden burgeon blossomed into a beautiful shining flower. But the shine soon died down with traces of spark around it.

There, in the middle of the darkness of The Forbidden Forest, a single magical flower was planted by the sun.

 

"Wait! Wait!" a voice broke down the eeriness of the forest, "P-please don't kill me!"

The voice belonged to a unicorn that was going to be eaten by an evil wizard. The wizard stopped his movement from killing the unicorn then grabbed the trembling unicorn's chin harshly.

"Why would I not?" he tilted his head, "Your death means life for me"

"Be-because... My blood will only g-give you ten years of life...uhh and you will have to hunt another unicorns later..." he gulped, "Is--isn't that tiring? We are rare species anyway, I'm not s-sure unicorns will still be exist in the next ten years.." he awkwardly laugh in fear, "S-so..." The wizard leaned closer, staring down at the unicorn, "So?" his voice was threatening. "So uhh I...k-know what will give you eternity!"

The unicorn's words made the wizard's eyes sparkling with greed. And so, he climbed up the unicorn's body and sat on his back. "What are you waiting for, you dumb unicorn! Start walking!" he whipped the unicorn, "Show me what you said and you know what will happen if you're lying"

 

A hundred years later, in a land on the far far east side of The Forbidden Forest, there was a kingdom ruled by The Almighty King Kris and The Grace Queen Taozi. It was known as The Land of The Sun, because the sun looked like it was rising up from the back of the palace, dawns were always beautiful.

The town was full of merchants. Smiths exported their handmade weapons to other lands across the ocean, farmers sold meat or livestocks as well as fresh fruit and vegetable everyday to the nearby towns, and silks for the royal family were imported from the North.

One day, the king happily announced to the whole town that the queen was pregnant. They all cheered and were anticipating the unborn crown. But when the queen entered the eigth month, she got ill. The illness was dangerous for both the queen herself and the baby. Then the best tabib from the South was called in order to heal the queen. Unfortunately, he couldn't do anything to heal the queen. And there was only one solution.

"We must find the legendary flower, Your Majesty" the king frowned at the tabib's words, "Legendary flower? By any chance, do you mean the Golden Rapunculus in The Forbidden Forest?" The tabib nodded, "Yes, Your Majesty"

The king fisted his hands, worries written all over his handsome face. Of course, with no doubt he would look for the said flower to save his lovely wife and precious baby. But rummaging into The Forbidden Forest to find a single flower...... It could take days, weeks, months. He was afraid they didn't have enough time to find it before the ninth month. The journey to The Forbidden Forest would take three days, they got a week to travel back and forth, which meant they had to find the flower in less than three weeks.

"Suho," the king called the guards' chief who immediately bowed down, "Prepare your best men, we shall leave in the morning. And Tabib Khun, you can tell Suho all we need for the journey"

"I'm on my way, Your Majesty" Suho bowed again, "This way please, Tabib" he asked the tabib to follow him out of the room. The chief was going to grab the door's handle when the king's voice stopped him, "Oh, one more thing Suho. Prepare my horse as well" But before he could reply, the queen's soft voice cut in, "You don't need to, Suho. You may leave now. Thank you" Suho smiled and nodded, he knew that the king would listen to the queen's words in the end. "My pleasure, Your Majesty. Then" he bowed and walked out of the room with the tabib to prepare the things they needed.

"Tao..."

"No, Kris. You don't have to come along"

"But--"

"You have the heart to leave your sick wife and baby alone? You don't want to take care of us?"

Kris sighed in defeat at the pout, then a pair of weak hands grabbed his strong one. He looked up to see his wife's assuring smile and replied it by a small smile. "I love you.." he sat on the bed and brought Taozi into his embrace, eyes closed and lips on her dark bangs, his hand rubbing circles on the big lump which was her stomach. "So do we, my dearest king" she pecked her husband's neck lovingly.

 

Flower, gleam and glow

Let your power shine

Make the clock reverse

Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt

Change the Fates' design

Save what has been lost

Bring back what once was mine

What once was mine...

 

The wizard sighed in content as he felt his wrinkled skin smoothening, white hair faded to jet black. 

"You have a really good voice for an old man, you know"

"Shut that ungrateful mouth of yours or I'll eat you up, Lay"

The unicorn snorted and mocked, "Yeah sure, Master Chen"

He knew that the wizard wouldn't eat him because he needed a henchman and Lay was the only creature who knew about Chen and live well these past hundred years. They argued a lot but actually had good terms with each other and Chen was glad to had met the unicorn in the first place, though he would never admit it. Sometimes Lay just had to be there for the wizard if he's doing something out of control. 

Rustles of footsteps echoed, making the two of them snapped their heads up in alert. Chen quickly built a barrier with his magic around them so they couldn't be seen. Minutes later, a figure showed up and screamed to inform his squad.

"CHIEF!! I think I found it!!"

A voice broke through the air and Suho quickly came to the direction of his men had screamed from, the tabib and the rest of the squad followed close.

Chen frowned inside his barrier as he noticed the symbols on their armors, '.....Dragon Squad from The Phoebus Palace?'

They surrounded the tabib as he took a closer look to the flower to examine it. Sweat ran down Suho's forehead and he held his breath, the others gulped and watched in hope. They had spent almost two weeks wandering around The Forbidden Forest in search of the legendary flower. Time to save the queen's life was diminishing in their hands. Thankfully Tabib Khun had made some medicine for the queen to at least gave them more time.

"This is the Golden Rapunculus"

The tabib's old hoarse voice heard and they almost cried in happiness.

 

"My king..." Tao's weak voice stopped Kris from his frustrated pacing to scurried down on his knees next to the bed where she laid on.

"Do you need anything, my queen darling?" Kris kissed her hand with gentle love. Tao let out a weak breathy chuckle, "Yes... I need you to calm down"

"How could I calm down when my queen, my love, is in between life and death?" his hands slightly tighened around hers, careful not to hurt her. Tao unclasped her hand from Kris' and caressed his cheek, trying to soothe him.

"I will be fine, Kris. But you're making the baby worries over his father"

"My apology, loves one..." he placed a kiss on her stomach, "Do you want me to bring you some cake to cheer you up, dear? Kyungsoo baked your favorite" he smiled.

"Now there's my handsome king... And yes please, I would love some cake after those bitter liquid Tabib Khun gave me"

 

Chen watched in anger as The Dragon Squad carefully dig the ground around his flower and placed it in a pot. But he stayed on his spot, not making any moves to stop them. This had Lay shifted uncomfortably, "Aren't you going to do something?" the unicorn asked, because he knew if Chen holds in his instant moves to kill, that only meant something even worse was running in the wizard's head. Evil smirk then grew on the wizard's face.

"Aren't you bored having the same thing for a hundred years, Lay?" 

Worst thing worst, Chen was bored. '' Lay cursed in his little unicorn mind.

 

"Bring back what once was mine... What once was mine..."

Tears were on the edge of the king's eyes as Kyungsoo, the palace's chef who had amazing voice, sang the song Tabib Khun had told him. The tabib slowly brought the bowl of water with the glowing golden flower in it to the queen's lips. As she drank it down , her dull skin with a hint of bones sticking out slowly regained its flesh, pale sick color turned into a healthy glow. And Kris was choking happy tears when he saw Tao's beautiful smile was back, without weakness, without the sick feeling showing on it. The queen had healed, and so the baby in her stomach. But they didn't know what was coming to them as an evil smirk watched them from outside the window.

 

---

a/n: woah finally posted chapter 1! i've always wanted to try writing formal kingdom-ish dialogues y'know and i'm pretty satisfied with this kkk~ i'm excited! are you? :3 and yes, tao is a woman in this story along with ovaries, ies and all.....yeah

anw i'm gonna use a lot of Tangled's ost lyrics in my story and here's uri chenchen singing to the golden magical flower ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r1qD4AfFlE

i'm sorry i can't find the english version ;~; but at least it's a male version! though the screen was showing mother gothel and not chen xD pmsl

oh and here's the palace symbol! http://oi48.tinypic.com/359h8k9.jpg it's baekris kkk~ because it's the perfect symbol for Phoebus (means sun) Palace! and kris the king is symbolized as a dragon who protect the sun and so-so, perfect right? :3

subscribe and don't forget to leave some comments! thank you <3