Chapter 9: The Movies, Jihyo's Food Truck and the School Building

Capture Her Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9:  The Movies, Jihyo's Food Truck and the School Building


Jongkook sighed through his clenched teeth, his angry eyes fixed on the theatre's screen. The four of them were currently at the movies, watching Sinister 2. He was sitting on the aisle seat, right next to Gary. If he had to watch the way Jihyo clung onto Gary during every scary part of the movie, he was going to stab himself. From the broad grin on the rapper's face, Jongkook was starting to regret that he wasn't right next to Jihyo when they entered the room. 


"Why did I even decide to come?" Jongkook mumbled under his breath just as a terrifying scene appeared, followed by Jihyo's girly squeal and Gary's happy laughter. Jongkook shoved a mouthful of popcorn into his mouth as he continued staring a hole into the screen. He hated popcorn; it was ruining his strict diet, but he couldn't seem to stop. After gulping down Gary's soda, Jongkook found that he was beginning to calm down. Apparently unhealthy food was his way of countering his anger. But as another scene came up, and Jihyo jumped so much she was practically on Gary's lap now–okay, maybe he was exaggerating–,Jongkook found himself stuffing more popcorn into his mouth. He had to work twice as hard tomorrow in the gym to burn off all these unwanted popcorn-y calories. 


The next hour seemed like a century to him. He was getting really restless now. All he wanted was to go home and hit it up with his punching bag. It was better it than Gary. When the credits finally rolled in, Jongkook almost wanted to scream in relief.
 

Jinhee and Jihyo were talking animously about the movie as they walked out of the theatre. Gary was walking alongside with Jihyo but was keeping quiet, his eyes on her. Jongkook rolled his eyes as he led the way out. 


Jongkook was mentally counting all of the calories he had gotten today, when he felt someone sidled up to him. 


"Oppa," Jihyo whispered, her hand reaching for his arm. "Are you okay? You seem really quiet."


Jongkook looked over his shoulder to see Jinhee was chatting Gary up, but the rapper didn't seem to care as his eyes were on Jihyo. The muscular man turned back to the petite girl beside him. "I'm fine, Jihyo."


Jihyo frowned, her hand tightening on his bicep. "Oppa, I know you're lying to me. I saw the way you wolfed down the popcorn and Gary oppa's soda." 


He snorted. "From the way you were clinging onto Gary, I doubt you even noticed me."


Jihyo stopped walking, a frown on her delicate face, and because she was still holding onto his arm, he stopped too. Jinhee and Gary glanced at them in confusion. 


"What's wrong?" Gary asked, walking towards Jihyo. 


Jongkook cursed inwardly. He didn't meant to say that out loud to Jihyo. Jealousy got the better of him. He shook Jihyo's hand off of him, before muttering an excuse, "Sorry, I have to go; I have something on in an hour. Jinhee-ssi, it was great meeting you. Bye Gary, Jihyo," He nodded to the three of them before practically running away. 


As Jongkook headed to his car, he received a message. 


Yah, Kim Jong Kook! How dare you run away after saying that!"


He sighed before sending a quick reply. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.


No, oppa. You definitely meant it.  Now do you want to tell me what's going on? I know you have nothing on after this, so don't even think of lying to me. 


He sighed; this woman was relentless. Jihyo, I don't want to talk about it. Please, will you just leave it? Oppa is sorry.


Oppa, you know I don't like it when I see you like this. Something made you feel troubled, and I want to know what.


He couldn't help but smile at that. She cared. She really does care about him. Jihyo, I'm really fine. If something was troubling me, you would be the first one I will go to. Now, go and enjoy the rest of the day with Jinhee-ssi and Gary. 


Promise?


Yes, Jihyo. Oppa promise you.


Okie oppa, have a safe trip home. And PS, it's hard not to notice you. :)

 


 

Gary smiled widely at the food truck specially prepared for Jihyo on her birthday. As the members neared it, his smile immediately turned into a frown. Jihyo had immediately ran towards it, and pointed straight at a lunch bag...with a picture of Jongkook and herself. 


"Oppa, look!" Jihyo shrieked excitedly to Jongkook. "A sticker of us!"


Gary forced a smile, and turned to the one manning the truck. "Is there any cup with Monday Couple sticker on it?"


Mr Kim smiled, "Of course there is.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter