Chapter 2: Meeting the Guest

Capture Her Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Meeting the Guest

 

 "S? What the hell does 'S' stands for?" Gary asked, as he stared at the ball. Maybe if he stared hard enough, some kind of clue will appear or something. It may sound stupid but that was all he could do for now.

 

"Beats me," Jong Kook mumbled as he glanced around the room. Nothing seemed to be out of place, he thought. "Come on, let's search at another floor."

 

"Hyung, how about we split up?" Gary asked. "This way, we'll be more efficient in finding the balls."

 

"That does sound like a good idea. Okay let's split!" Jong Kook said.

 

"Ji Hyo, let's go together." Gary tugged on her hand, pulling her to the nearest fire exit.  

 

"Becareful alright!" Jong Kook yelled to them.  

 

 

 

The two had been searching for ten minutes straight, but still had not found anything. "Aish! Where the hell is it?!" Ji Hyo exclaimed. Suddenly, they heard a door opening outside the room they were currently searching in. Could it be...? Both scrambled to find spots to hide and managed to do so when the door of the room opened.

 

"Ya, Gary. What are you doing?" Jae Suk asked laughing. Gary was hiding behind the door where Jae Suk was. He was well hidden if not for his reflection right opposite the door.

 

"Oh, I was giving you a surprise hyung," Gary chuckled.

 

"Have you found anything?" Jae Suk asked.

 

"Eh, what? Found anything? How can I find anything here? No, I did not find anything," Gary said nervously, as he played with his feet.

 

"Gary, you should know by now you're the worse liar ever known," Jae Suk said grabbing onto his wrists.

 

"Hyung! Yah! What are you doing?" Gary cried, as the both of them wrestled each other to the ground. Meanwhile, Ji Hyo finally crawled out from her hiding spot - under a clothed table. Seeing the two males fighting over the ball on the ground, she stood there dumbfounded. What a bunch of childish idiots. Then, she threw herself onto Jae Suk, screaming, "Run oppa!"

 

"No! I can't leave you!" Gary exclaimed.

 

"Kang Gary, I swear if you don't leave now, I'll hunt you down and tear your bloody-"

 

"Okay okay! Don't curse!" Gary said and ran out of the room, the ball safely in his pocket.

 

Gary ran aimlessly, around the place. Maybe if he kept the ball safely somewhere, no one will find it. He approached a man sitting on his desk and asked, "Ah, excuse me. Could you do me a favour please? Hold this ball and don't let anyone have it." The man nodded and hid the ball inside his suitcase. Gary thanked the man and went in search of Ji Hyo.

 

 

 

Ji Hyo sat on the floor with Jae Suk opposite her. "Oppa, why did Kwang Soo get eliminated?"

 

"We separated right before he was eliminated, so I don't know. You found something didn't you? And that eliminated Kwang Soo?" Jae Suk asked.

 

"Okay, tell you what. I did found something. It wasn't technically me, but still me since Jong Kook oppa and I are in the same team. The clue was the letter 'S'. I think it has something to do with the guest." Ji Hyo said.

 

"Hmm, I guess you're right-"

 

"Ji Suk Jin, HaHa out. Ji Suk Jin, HaHa out."

 

"Aish. If the guest could take down two of them at one go, he's definitely a male. We better hurry and search the place." Jae Suk stood up and stuck a hand out to Ji Hyo.

 

Ji Hyo took it and dusted her jeans. "Oppa, I told you about our clue. When you found something, tell me okay?"

 

Jae Suk nodded and ran up the emergency exit. Ji Hyo, on the other hand, continued with her search on the same floor. She scratched her head as she scanned the whole room. She sighed. This was going to take forever. Then, something caught her eyes - a bowl of shiny balls stored in a hidden corner. She squealed and ran towards it. With shaky hands, she took out the balls one by one, checking for the Running Man sticker. Finally, she found it. "Yes!" She pumped her fist in the air. Hiding under a table, she removed the slip of paper from inside the ball: SINGER.

 

"AISH! What kind of clue is this!" She yelled as she threw the ball away. Frustrated, she crawled out of her hiding spot and went to search for Jong Kook. "Jong Kook oppa?" she whisper-yelled at every floor she went. But it was no use, Jong Kook was nowhere in sight. She was about to give up when someone tapped her shoulder. "Ji Hyo, out." A voice spoke into her ear.

 

She screamed as she turned to face...Gary. "YAH!" She slapped him on the back of his head. "That was not funny, at all you idiot!"

 

Gary laughed as he rubbed the back of his head. "So, did you find anything?"

 

"Yeah, I did. The clue, 'SINGER'. I mean seriously. What kind of clue is that. There's a thousand of singers out the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter