Chapter 4: Hide 'N Seek

Capture Her Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Hide 'N Seek

 

His phone rang. And rang, and rang. Gary groaned out loud as he flipped himself face-down on his pillow. His left hand fumbled around aimlessly, searching for his phone. Clicking a button, he brought it to his ear, "Hello?"

 

"Gary ah! You're still sleeping? It's going to be 12 soon!" Jae Suk's voice screamed into the phone.

 

Gary jolted from his bed, startled. It was 12 pm already? ! "Hyung, I got to go. Talk to you later!"

 

"GARY YA!" Jae Suk yelled, which made Gary flinched. "Hold on for a sec. I was calling if you wanna join the guys and I for a few rounds of bowling?"

 

"Sorry hyung, I've got plans today. I'll talk to you later alright? I'm already late. Bye hyung!" Without waiting for a reply, Gary cut the call. He sent a quick text to Ji Hyo informing her he would be late. Then he hurried to the bathroom to get ready.

 

Within 15 minutes, he was done. He stepped on the accelerator as hard as he could, as he sped down the road.

 

He panted as he stood outside her door. After calming down, he took a deep breath and rang her doorbell.

 

"Ring~" No answer.

 

"Ring~" No answer again.

 

"Ringgggggg~" He held his finger longer on the bell, but still, there was no answer.

 

"Ji Hyo? Are you in?" He knocked on the door. He leaned his ear against the door and listened - it was quiet, too quiet. He tried the doorknob; it was unlocked! Aish Ji Hyo, why didn't you lock the door? What if someone unwanted enters? He stepped inside the house, locked the door and headed upstairs. He stopped outside Ji Hyo's room and knocked softly. "Ji Hyo?" Once again, there was no answer.

 

Gary groaned as he paced around the hallway. What was he going to do? She's a girl, he can't just barge into her room. You'll never know if she's right now or something. Hmm, it'll be good if she's though... "Aish! Stop it Gary!" He slapped himself as he stood outside her room again. Then, he aimed a swift kick against the door. "Ji Hyo ya! WAKEY WAKEY!"

 

He waited. No response, no nothing. He slammed his forehead against her closed door and sighed. What the hell is she doing inside? Sleeping? No offence Ji Hyo, but you sleep like a pig. Is she even inside?

 

"JI HYO! I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T WAKE UP NOW, I'M GOING TO COME INSIDE EVEN IF YOU'RE ! BUT I'M SURE YOU'RE NOT, BECAUSE, SERIOUSLY, LET'S FACE IT, WHO WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH TO SLEEP ?" Once he said that, he flicked himself on the forehead. He sleeps ly, so he was calling himself stupid. Stupid, Gary, how stupid!

 

A few minutes later, "I'm coming in Ji Hyo!"

 

Twisting the doorknob slowly, he pushed the door open. His eyes zoomed in on the bed; but couldn't see anything except for the ruffled bedsheets. Where is she? Did she forgot about our date- I mean, hangout? Gary stepped deeper inside her room and looked around - her phone was on her bed. He flipped the phone open and saw his message flashing in his face. She must have read his message in a hurry or something, but where was she? Scanning her room, he didn't see any spots where she could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter