You Underestimate Me?

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

Hi lovelies! Thanks for staying with me! :D

Subscribers and comments are welcomed.

I love you ^^


 

 

          Kevin went to the furniture store to take a look or probably buy some new stuff for his new house. He had called over some of his friends to help him paint the house a few days before. They kept mocking on he’s going to live alone without his mother to love him around. And who doesn’t hate that?

          Truthfully, he didn’t want to move out. What if he got home just to find out no one greeted him loudly from the kitchen? What if he got home without dinner being served on the dining table? What if he woke up late on weekdays because no one knocked his door as if it breaking it to pieces?

          “Stop spacing out, Kevin. Just choose the furniture already.” Soohyun tapped him. He lost his train of thought and started looking at a few dining tables near him.

          “I’m not good at choosing things like this. Kaeun nuna, please help me?” Kevin laughed and fixed his gaze on Soohyun’s wife.

          “Yah, you’re using my wife!” Soohyun cringed. Kaeun rolled her eyes at him and hit his chest softly.

          “I’m not using your wife. I’m using a professional interior designer here.” Kevin grinned.

          “Oppa, don’t get mad. He just needs my help.” Kaeun said. Oh well, everyone knew she was good at decorating houses until she decided to retire from that field and focused more on raising their son.

          “Fine, fine. I’ll bring Joohyun for a walk around this store. Call me if you need anything.” Soohyun kissed her temple and take Joohyun to other departments.

          Kevin just followed Kaeun’s trail along the shopping spree. He looked around him and saw some interesting things to buy but he wasn’t sure whether they’re suitable for his house or not. Kaeun saw the uncertainty on his face and nudged him on the ribs.

          “Yah, do you really not know how to choose the best items out of all these magnificent furniture?” She rested her hands on her hips. Kevin just simply shrugged and shook his head.

          “I really don’t know. That’s why I ask Soohyun hyung to drag you here.” His voice trailed off at the end.

          “I don’t understand your logic, hun. Come here..” Kaeun grabbed his arm and pointed to some coffee tables in front of them. He innocently looked at her and waited for her to give a more detailed instruction to him.

          “Seriously, Kevin?” She sighed. “Let’s start with your bedroom first. What’s the color of the wall?”

          “Light blue.” He blinked. Then, he felt her dragging him to where all the furniture is white and glossy.

          “Choose.” She pushed him to the middle of the whites.

          “But why white?!” he whined.

          “Pabo. It shows contrast to your wall and helps you to feel more relaxed.” She sighed again.

          After they were finished with half of the things for bedroom, Kevin was dragged harshly to where the beds were placed neatly and ready for sale. ‘Ugh, how does Soohyun keep up with this woman, she drags people like she drags trash,’ he nagged in his mind.

          “So… single or queen?” Kaeun cocked her eyebrows. Kevin sighed mentally, is she blind or is she playing innocent? Didn’t she know he’s going to live alone?

          Kevin took a few steps forward and landed on a nice-looking and comfy single bed. “Single.”

          “Take queen.”

          “No!” He protested. What’s the use of queen-sized bed when he slept with himself? He kept on shaking his head and insisted to choose the single bed. They kept on arguing until Soohyun came with Joohyun beside him.

          “Hey hey hey, you guys look like monkeys fighting over bananas, what’s happening?” He sat beside Kevin on the bed and jumped his body a bit to feel the softness of the mattress.

          “Your wife wants me to buy a queen-sized bed!” Kevin pointed at her.

          “Just buy it, Kevin. You have money for God’s sake!” Kaeun hissed.

          Seeing that, Soohyun calmed both of them down before stepping in to solve the problem.

          “I have to agree with her, Kev. You, HAVE THE MONEY. And the bed will give you benefits next time. You don’t have to buy queen-sized bed when you’re getting married later because you’ve bought this one. Think smart, pretty boy.” He pointed his index finger to the side of Kevin’s head.

          The latter harrumphed and mumbled something as if he had to agree with Soohyun’s point by force. But it’s actually great too, means that he didn’t have to waste more money for another beds.

          “Fine, I’ll buy the one that YOU GUYS suggested.” He jumped onto the said bed and laid flat on it.

          And the mad shopping ended after they helped him bought ¾ of the things needed for his house. Kevin told the manager of the store to send off the furniture on weekend so he could ask his friends again to help him arrange the furniture and of course, Kaeun, the victim of his house decoration to order them around.

          “My boy is home! Have you done with the shopping?” Mrs Woo brought him to the family room and made him sit on the couch.

          “Yes! There are still a few things I have to buy.” He took the bag of chips in front of him and threw some into his mouth.

          “That’s great. And there’s someone I want you to meet tomorrow.” She beamed. Kevin felt uneasy at the tone of her voice but he sat still beside her and waited for further explanation.

          “Uhm.. who?” Kevin spoke since they both kept staring each other waiting for each other’s reaction.

          “She’s my friend’s daughter and I think she’s perfect for you!” Mrs Woo patted her son’s thigh. Kevin threw the bag of chips beside him and stared widely at his mother. He couldn’t believe what his mother had just said. His nightmare. The thing that’salways related to Kiseop. It’s finally happening to him. But no, he’s going to use any excuse just to avoid or stop the thing from going on.

          “Don’t tell me it’s a blind date, umma.” He closed his eyes. Soon, he felt his mother tapped his cheeks and squished his face. It’s right. He’s doomed.

          “You’re so smart. It is, honey. I told her to…”

          “No, umma, I’m not going.” He cut her off.

          “Why?”

          “I….” He couldn’t think of anything but suddenly he remembered that he had to go to a conference on the next day.

          “I’m going to be super busy tomorrow. I have a conference with senior attorneys. Big stuff. I have to give my full attention to it. Chop chop.” Kevin pecked Mrs Woo’s and jumped off the couch to stride quickly to his bedroom.

          Once he stepped into the bedroom, he shut the door and locked it. That was close, he sighed mentally. Knowing that he had to get prepared with the conference, he marched to the bathroom to clear his mind from his mother. His friends are so going to laugh at him if they knew about that stuff.

 

          Hyojung straightened her blazer and when she knew she looked good, she knocked on the door of Mr Jung’s office. She didn’t know why he wanted to meet her. She was surprised when her colleague, Seyong, bumped into her as she walked into her office and told her Mr Jung wanted to meet her. As soon as possible, he said.

          “Miss Ahn?” Hyojung turned her body around and stepped back a little to bow. Mr Jung just chuckled at her and at the same time amused at how respectful she was.

          “You called me, Mr Jung?” She fixed her glasses that almost fell off from the bowing.

          “Yes, please come in.” He led her into his office and made her sit on the chair in front of him.

          “What ‘s the matter, Mr Jung?” Hyojung asked politely.

          “I’m sorry I have to trouble you this time but I really think there’s no other person who could handle this task besides you. I hope you’re okay with the thing I’m going to say.” Mr Jung rested his hands under his chin.

          Hyojung cocked one of her eyebrows, feeling the curiosity inside her grew.

          “I’m more than willing to fulfill the task, Mr Jung. Just tell me what it is.” She smiled.

          “I have a conference at 10am and it probably ends around 3pm. The problem here is… I can’t go. My wife is at the hospital, probably hurting with all the labor pain and I have to be there for her. I hope you can be at the conference on my behalf. Will you be able to do this?” Mr Jung said. His eyes were filled with anxiety and fear, probably because of his wife. And they were also full of honesty. Hyojung could never reject that offer and she knew it.

           I will take your place at the conference, Mr Jung.” She said.

           Mr Jung handed her the documents that she had to bring along to the place and wished her good luck. Hyojung sighed as she strolled out of his office. Her other colleagues looked at her, mostly thought that she was in big trouble or something. Hyojung ignored them and fastened her pace towards her office.

          She closed the door behind her and threw the documents onto her desk. A lot of sighs escaped her lips as her gaze kept falling on a few papers inside of the file that Mr Jung gave her earlier.

          “You can do it. There’s nothing to be scared of.” Hyojung said to herself once she browsed through the documents. Attending a senior attorney conference is a big deal for her. She’s not even a senior and she’s just a lawyer with three years of experience.

          She glanced at her watch just to notice that she had only two hours before the conference started. The hotel where the  conference was held was just a 15 minutes drive from Daehan Firm. She took the chance to calm down and look at the list of the attorneys attending. Her eyes followed the order of the name and she became a lot nervous after she saw each of the names listed.

          “Oh crap, I’m gonna die.” Hyojung rubbed her temples.

          She kept looking at the list and she found herself smiled a bit when a familiar name caught her attention.

                     27. Kevin Woo – Woo Firm

          “At least there is someone I actually know there.” Hyojung put back the list into the file and got ready to move.

 

          Meanwhile, Kevin drove to the hotel to check on the venue. Plus, he needed to be comfortable with the hotel environment first since he’s not the type of person that got easily adapted to a closed spacious room. Oh wait, he’s not comfortable sitting in a conference room, actually.

          There were already a lot of senior attorneys when he reached there. He greeted them politely and then proceeded to go to the snack bar and relaxed. There’s no one out there he could actually hang out with because the seniors are a lot older than him.

           He drank a cup of coffee and his eyes widened when noticed the girl he met at Jaeseop’s engagement party. He saw her bringing some sort of document with her. Her hair was tied up into a neat, high ponytail and she’s wearing a blue baige outfit. But what’s she doing here?, he tilted his head. Curious, he left the bar and went to ask her.

           “Ah, annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim.” The lady greeted him when she caught him walking towards her. Kevin caught off guard and bowed back nervously.

           “Hyojung-ssi, what are you doing here?” Kevin asked her. Hyojung took off her glasses and wiped the dust stuck on it.

           “Oh, for the conference, of course.” She innocently answered.

           Kevin frowned. He started doubting the lady in front of him. Was she speaking the truth? Is she one of the seniors? But she’s young. She’s probably just some intern who followed her senior around.

           “What conference?” Kevin asked again.

           “The senior attorneys.” Hyojung bit her lips. She wrinkled her forehead, a little irritated by the way he looked at her. Is he looking down at her? Is he doubting her ability if she’s a senior?

           “Who’s your boss?” He looked around.

           “Um, what boss?” She wore back her glasses and heaved a sigh.

           “Your boss? I mean he’s probably looking for you now and I don’t want to be accused for taking you away from him.” Kevin chuckled, to make thing less awkward since he could see her expression had changed from bright to gloomy.

           “So, you think I’m an intern?” Her face hardened. Hyojung felt like he was irritating her with stupid questions that she had to answer so he could get the idea.

           “Mhmmm.” A soft hum came from his lips. Ah really, this guy.

           “Excuse me but I’ve been in this field for three years and I think I’ve won against a few lawyers under your firm if I’m not mistaken.” Hyojung gave him an icy stare.

           “Oh.” Kevin gulped.

           “I’m here on behalf of Mr Jung Daehan since he couldn’t avoid some problems and he chose me for reasons, Mr Woo. He thought I’m professional and I can handle stress on this conference later very well.” Hyojung continued. Kevin just could not believe the thing she said but he had to accept it though. Then, he realized that his ex-employee, Nam Jiwook lost to her before he fired him. He sighed, how come he didn’t realize that one?

            “W-well, I-I…” Kevin was cut off by an announcement that told everyone to get into the conference room. Hyojung flashed him a fake smile before starting her pace to the place, leaving him dumfounded.

            Kevin was totally in shock after he was blown away by Hyojung’s overflowing charismatic and confidence. He kept thinking and thinking until he sat on his place at the huge round table, face to face with the young female lawyer. Only God knows how nervous he was when Hyojung sent him a smirk. He swallowed a huge amount of spit and fixed his tie before decided to focus on the main event.

            Hyojung felt like laughing when she watched the male in front of her squirming uncomfortably in his seat. Pfft, that’s what he got for underestimating her. Soon, it was his turn to deliver some speech and thought and Hyojung kept her eyes fixed on him.

            “Good morning everyone, I’m Kevin Woo from Woo Firm. Please take care of me.” Kevin bowed. He felt someone staring through his soul and he immediately knew it’s Hyojung.

            And that’s when he started to stutter when delivering his thought and ideas, which made the other senior lawyers to do some coughing and whispering. But Kevin quickly made his comeback when he knew he had to ignore that glare and be professional. He sat back at his place after he’s done with his, and looked at Hyojung whose return was next.

            Whispers filled the air inside of the conference room as Hyojung sat up and walked to the middle of the round table. She cleared , gaining the attention from the seniors.

            “Annyeong haseyo.” She bowed. “I’m Ahn Hyojung representing Daehan Firm. I’m actually was given responsibility by Mr Jung Daehan himself to deliver everything he wanted to say in this meeting since he has to take care some urgent matter that unfortunately couldn’t be avoided. Please take care of me.” Hyojung bowed again and started to give out Mr Jung’s messages.

             Even though Hyojung was not a very experienced lawyer, the others inside the room was attracted by her personality. The way she talked, the way she expressed her thought, and the way she gestured her hands. Everything on her was loved by everyone presents in the room.

             Kevin, of course, felt intimidated. He finally knew that Hyojung is someone he needed to pay attention on. Who knows he might end up in the court, fighting against her?

             “Pfft, she’s just your junior, Kev. You’re more experienced than her.” He mumbled.

             The conference ended earlier than expected. All of the attorneys shook hands and praised each other. Hyojung couldn’t help but smile when she received a lot encouragement and good advices from her seniors.

             Kevin watched from afar and breathed deeply before walking hesitantly to her. He had to face what she’s going to say to him later.

             “You’re awesome.” He said after 30 seconds of standing in front of her without saying anything.

             “Thank you. You’re great as well, sunbaenim.” Hyojung bowed a little and flashed him a warm smile. Now he knows who she is, huh? She chuckled darkly in the inside.

             “Umm, wanna have coffee with me?” Kevin offered. He had to apology. Yes, he had to. He just hurt her pride earlier and he had to do something to make up.

             “I have to reject your offer because I’m afraid to be seen with such a great lawyer. I am just a… what? An intern, right?” Hyojung scoffed. She just to see how sincere he was. Kevin ruffled his hair and rubbed his face a lot of times.

             “Alright, alright, I’m sorry. I’m sorry about earlier.” He sighed.

             “Apology accepted. You should learn how not to look down at certain people, sunbaenim. Some people are just way too good than what you think they are or vice versa.” Hyojung smiled at him. Kevin felt like someone just stepped on his head. He was really taken aback by her so-called advice yet impressed at how she stated that boldly right in front of his face. She was indeed a fierce person.

             “Fine, miss. Then what about coffee?” He smiled back. His tone sounded like he almost pleaded. He was really hopping she would accept it since he felt really guilty about the incident.

             “Maybe next time. I have to report myself back to the firm, sunbaenim. See you around and have a nice day.” She bowed and left the place almost immediately.

             “Oh…. Okay.” Kevin mumbled as he watched her walking confidently with her heels knocking the marbles of the hotel floor.

             “Oh goodness, what is she?” Kevin asked himself but found out a smile appeared on his face. Hmm, what an interesting woman, he thought.

             Hyojung fanned herself when she got into the car. She felt hot all of sudden and turn on the AC of the car. She really couldn’t believe what she had said to Kevin. She meant, he was her sunbae for God’s sake! But he was quite fun to tease though. She thought he‘s a very strict, focused, and charismatic but it turned to be that he’s such a clumsy person too!

             “What a dork.” She laughed softly inside of her car.