Night Out

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

  Kill me ;;


             

                Hyojung scratched her head. She was unsure of what should she wear. Her wardrobe did not look like it would give her any help at all.

                “Come on, it’s just some glasses with Kevin!” She hissed while her hands rummaging the closet.

                She picked out a blue tube dress. Inside her mind, she was imagining herself in it, dancing on the dance floor wildly. Great, when was the last time she went to the club again? When she stared at the dress for the second time, she sighed. She didn’t want to look indecent in front of Kevin. Kevin wouldn’t like girl like that to walk next to him when entering the club.

                Mumbling to herself of why she would care about what Kevin thought about her, she looked for a more decent but fun outfit. Hyojung glanced at the neon green short pants and a loose tshirt which she had thrown to the floor earlier. She picked them up and nodded to herself.

                “Just right.”

                After she was done with the clothes, makeup, and hair, Hyojung headed to the living room to watch some programs on telly while waiting for Kevin. Hyemi who was busy frying chicken rushed to her and eyed her from head to toe.

                “What?” Hyojung looked up at her and groaned irritatingly.

                Hyemi scoffed and rested both of her hands on her hips. “You look younger than me and this is not fair.”

                “Thank you.” Hyojung smiled. “Now could you please go away?” She waved her hand at her sister and went back to focus on the television.

                “Where are you going?” Hyemi asked.

                “Club.”

                “What?”

                Hyojung chuckled. “I’m going to the club.”

                “For what? To drink and dance your problems away?”

                Why thank you, Hyemi. Just right when she wanted to forget about Byunghun and her work. Hyojung figured that was Kevin’s aim of why he wanted to have some drinking time with her. He wanted to help her got away from her troubles for a while and let herself loosen up a bit. Finally, someone who actually understood her.

                “Yes, Hyemi. Do you want to join?” Hyojung cocked her eyebrows and folded her arms.

                “Nope.” Hyemi shook her head. “But with whom are you going? Your friends?”

                Should she say Kevin? She should.

                “Kevin.”

                Hyemi widened her eyes. “Don’t tell me it’s Kevin oppa the cute neighbor of ours?”

                “It is.” Hyojung nodded. Yeah, Kevin was cute (she couldn’t deny it) and all and so caring, responsible, and y at times when he wore his dress shirt to work. He also had those charming smiles that could make her head spinning sometimes.

                She shook her head. Ha, why did she think of him that way? Especially the y part. Boy did he look good when he pulled of that kind of look in his office outfit. Sleeves rolled up to elbow, tie loosened around his neck, and two shirts buttoned down. So dangerous yet so innocent.

                “Oh my god.”Hyojung rubbed her face. What was this random thought? She thought about Kevin too much and she needed to stop. It’s not like he’s her boyfriend for her to imagine weird stuff. So immature. Just like a fan being delusional.

                “What’s wrong?”

                Hyojung glanced at her sister lazily. Geez, she wouldn’t share that sort of thing with Hyemi. It’s going to be so wrong and weird. “Nothing.”

                There was a loud honk sound coming from outside and she rushed to the window to take a look at the cause of the noise. A smile came upon her face.

                “Hyemi, I’m going!”

                “Alright, have fun!”

 

                Kevin was now positive that he had feelings for Hyojung. It was like a flash of light just passed by him and he fell in love with her. He didn’t know where or when it happened but it was just there. That night, he would bring Hyojung away from any stupid miserable thoughts that might cause him to have hard time to get her to himself.

                He spiked up his hair a little, making him look a little bit like  a rockstar wannabe. Wannabe. What a word. Kevin took his leather jacket, put it on, and went to the garage to take his car. He was excited to see Hyojung again after a few days. Hopefully, he wouldn’t get drunk and be a total fool in front of her. Or maybe, confessing at a wrong time. Bad timing, they said.

                Kevin drove to her house and parked it carefully in front of the yard. He promised Hyojung to wait for her around 9pm. 9pm, was that pretty late? It was never late for a chit chat and soju. Noticing Hyojung who didn’t come out yet, Kevin honked the car. Talking about being rebellious. Like those teenagers in bad movie when they wanted to sneak out even though they were grounded. And Kevin felt like that at the moment. It’s like taking someone’s favorite daughter out to an unplanned date.

                He spotted Hyojung running towards the car and goodness he couldn’t believe what his eyes were looking at. She was wearing this very loose t-shirt and it showed a lot of skin on her left shoulder (together with her bra strap) and he swore he couldn’t see her pants at all.

                “Someone’s favorite daughter is actually a rebellious daughter.” Kevin mumbled to himself as he watched her again.

                Hyojung opened the door of the car and hopped in. She immediately fastened the seatbelt and took a look at him. Hyojung restrained her jaw from dropping because Kevin looked somewhat wild that night. She felt the need to tell him that he looked stunning but she guesses she just had to keep it to herself or she might blush.

                Kevin stared at her and then at her legs. Too much skin. He suddenly felt hot and without wasting any minute, he changed the temperature of the AC so it’d be a little cool.

                “I think someone’s really in need of dancing.” Kevin commented and drove away.

                “Loosen up. I need to bang my head against the wall tonight.” Hyojung chuckled.

                “May I ask something that might be embarrassing to both of us?” He asked. Again, why did he need to ask such question? Now he’s gonna make everything awkward.

                Hyojung blinked. She was wondering what was the thing he’s going to say. Embarrassing? She looked down to her lap and realized that she knew Kevin might not be comfortable with her clothes. Even she felt like she didn’t have the appetite to look at her own legs. Especially when she was with him.

                “Uh… what is it?” She tried to play it cool.

                “Where’s your pants?” Kevin blinked.

                Hyojung bluntly raised her shirt a little and Kevin had this urge to shout a big NO on her face. Luckily, when he saw some bright green cloth starting to show up, he breathed. Again, that was shocking and he’d be glad to tell Hyojung not to cause a heart disease to him.

                “Gosh, you should wear leggings. I almost got a heart attack.” Kevin said, still inhaling and exhaling the remaining oxygen inside the car.

                “It’s not like I’m going to the club wearing shirt and only.” Hyojung leaned her elbow against the door of the car as Kevin made the way out of the neighborhood. She covered when she realized what she had said and palmed her face. Kevin stared at her in disbelief but he burst out laughing anyway. Maybe Hyojung acted like this around her friends, he thought.

                They arrived at the club and to be honest, Kevin didn’t like the atmosphere. It was too loud and the smell of cigarette smoke was too strong. Since it was Hyojung who decided to hang out at this club, he had no other choice but agreed with her. He didn’t want her to get bored with the club he always went with his friends.

                “God, I’m excited!” Hyojung tugged on his arm and jumped a bit as soon as they walked to the bar to grab some drinks first.

                Kevin smiled. “Good for you.” He sat on a stool and pulled one closer to him. Then, he motioned Hyojung to sit next to him.

                Hyojung stole some glances at Kevin. She fought the urge to tell him that he looked stunning again. His side profile was perfect. Kevin’s jaw line was well-defined and he had some small wrinkles at the corner of his eyes, probably from too much smiling. Kevin noticed she kept looking at him. He wanted to smile widely but he decided not to. This night would just be the night to make her happy. As long as she’s happy, he’d be happy too.

                “Miss, the usual?” The bartender asked her. Kevin blinked at Hyojung. He assumed that she must be a regular here.

                She shook her head. “Nope, just give me something hard.” A smile was given to the young bartender. He nodded and picked up some liquor from the glass cupboard.

                “What about you, mister?”

                Kevin sighed. “Same.”

                Hyojung nudged his arm. She didn’t like the idea of Kevin drinking hard alcohol and went drunk. She wanted Kevin to be sober throughout night and accompany her. Hyojung wanted to get drunk alone. She didn’t want him to suffer along.

                “Cancel that. Just give him a big glass of light beer. That’d do him good.” Hyojung casually interrupted.

                The bartender chuckled and continued doing his work. Hyojung glared at Kevin and crossed her arms. It’s up to Kevin whether he wanted to object or not but she only did it for his own good.

                “You’re the worst.” Hyojung mumbled. She pouted and Kevin wanted to pinch it away from her. Her lips suddenly looked so tempting to her and Kevin knew he had to brush away his feelings. This woman was still having Byunghun inside her head. The thing Kevin had to do to push him away was to make her realize that the man was no longer for her. It’s going to be real hard, though.

                “I was just asking for a glass. I believe a glass won’t hurt me.” Kevin mumbled too. Hyojung pinched his waist, causing him to jolt. She giggled but went back to her serious mode.

                “The one I ordered is a lot stronger than 5 small glasses of soju. You’d be out of control by just one sip of it.” Hyojung smirked.

                Kevin chuckled. “You make it sounds like a challenge.”

                “It’s not! I’m just telling you.” Hyojung shrugged and thanked the bartender when their glasses were in front of them. Kevin did the same.

                They began drinking and telling each other some stupid stories. Kevin loved it when Hyojung laughed. She looked the most beautiful and her laughter was so melodious. Crap, he’s in that kind of dumb romantic mood again. He let Hyojung talked as much as she wanted, nodded and joined in laughing at her words. Was her really in love with her? But by looking at her eyes, he didn’t see any hope of stealing that little piece of heart.

                “Hey there, wanna dance?” A voice disturbed them. Kevin looked at the man who was smiling like an idiot at Hyojung and he was so irritated with that grin.

                Hyojung blinked at him and then at Kevin. She wanted to stay with Kevin. She didn’t want any random guys take her away from him. They were not someone whom she could tell everything and poured her sadness out. Kevin was. Kevin could do that for her. Hyojung looked at Kevin and patted his hand.

                “I already have my partner. Sorry.” Hyojung rejected the invitation to the dance floor with a smile. The man smiled back but when he looked at Kevin, a death glare was sent. He walked away from them and Kevin heard Hyojung sighing contently.

                Kevin pulled back his hand. He felt that sudden awkwardness hit him alone. Hyojung just shook her head with a grin plastered on her face. “You’re funny, Kevin.”

                “I am not, Hyojung.” Kevin said, feeling somewhat understand at what she meant by that. She must think that he was not comfortable about having a girl touching his hand casually. But he was a bit glad, though. She wanted to stay him and he couldn’t be any happier than that.

                “Anyway, I’m glad you didn’t choose that guy. I was afraid he’d do anything to you. You know, that bad kind of anything.” Kevin continued.

                Hyojung felt her heart making this rapid beating. She didn’t understand why she felt so flattered even though Kevin said he was glad she didn’t go dancing with the previous guy. She knew it was just some coherent words coming out from Kevin’s mouth but she felt touched and cared for real. Kevin was a man who really knew how to make her felt that way.

                She decided to not think of it anymore. Standing up, she pulled Kevin’s arm and forced him to stand as well. Kevin chuckled, feeling a little weird. If she wanted him to dance with her, he had to refuse. He’s not good with dancing and he knew he’d never be.

                “What?” Kevin asked, still chuckling.

                “Let’s dance.” She beamed.

                Kevin stood up and faced the center of the club. There were too much people grinding against each other. He glanced at Hyojung. She glanced back at him and he sighed. He couldn’t make her sad. Not tonight. Not this night.

                “Honestly speaking, I’m not a good dancer.” Kevin said.

                “Aish, you just have to move a little.” Hyojung looked up at him. “Come on, just keep me companied.”

                Like it or not, Kevin nodded. Hyojung excitedly dragged him to a secluded part of the dance floor (he didn’t know why there were less people there). She started to move her body accordingly to the rhythm and Kevin being Kevin, he just folded his arms under his chest and watched her dancing.

                Hyojung hit his chest when she found him not moving. “Yah, have fun with me.”

                Kevin shook his head. “I’ll try.” He began dancing and thank goodness Hyojung didn’t laugh at him or he’d just die in a hole of embarrassment. Hyojung nodded her approvingly at his dance moves and got closer to him.

                As they kept dancing wildly and jumped a bit when the music changed, Hyojung started to notice someone she familiarly knew. Her eyes widened at the sight. She tried to keep moving her body. It’s not him, she told herself. He wouldn’t lie to her and cause her to cry every night because of a non-existing reason.

                It’s not him, Ahn Hyojung. She wanted to deny it again when she saw the man together with an unknown woman made their way to a couple love seats at the corner of the club. Biting her lips, she rested her hands on Kevin shoulder’s and stared at her feet. Hyojung took in a deep breath and looked up to see Kevin’s face again. She smiled at him but her eyes were somehow averted to the couple again. And she knew she’s going to cry if that guy was really Byunghun.

                Kevin realized something was off with Hyojung. He was worried when she was not dancing anymore. She was more like moving but painfully slowly though the music was mind-blasting. Kevin looked at her eyes. She was gazing at something through his shoulder. He turned around to look at the thing that caught her interest.

                It made his blood boiling. Lee Byunghun was kissing someone and he looked like he was in heaven. He was sure that was him. Kevin stopped looking at the stupid scene when Byunghun began to continue planting kisses on the woman’s neck. Hyojung was already crying in his arms. She sobbed messily against his chest and her hands were tugging on his arm.

                “Kevin, take me away.” She murmured between the sobs.

                “Hyojung..” He cupped her cheeks and brushed off the tears with his thumbs. She was crying again for now-some-stupid reason. That Byunghun bastard really didn’t deserve any of her soul, Kevin inhaled.

                “I can’t believe he lied to me, Kevin. He told me he was marrying someone but what did I just see, Kevin? Tell me.” She hit his chest repeatedly. Kevin sighed and grabbed her wrist tightly.

                “Let’s go home. We shouldn’t be in the same room with an ungrateful bastard.” Kevin gritted his teeth and dragged her out of the club. If he was given chance to punch Byunghun straight in the face, he’d do that. But he’d do that later. Now, he had to take care of Hyojung. Hyojung needed someone.

                She cried loudly inside the car. She couldn’t believe the man she trusted so much before did that to her. If he really wanted a break up, just told her straight to the point. There’s no need to create such excuses. And was the last message a lie? It was, she thought.

                Kevin wanted to hug her so badly but he chose to let her cry first. Let her be. She needed to let go of all those feelings she had when she was together with Byunghun. Kevin hoped she realized that Byunghun was now nothing to her but another evil man who just crushed her heart.

                “Kevin..” Hyojung called out his name. She stared at her lap, playing with her fingers. She was too embarrassed to have Kevin seeing that thing together with her. She knew Kevin thought she was pathetic and hopeless right now. At the same time, she wanted Kevin to calm her down and tell her that everything will be alright.

                “Yes, Hyojung? What is it?” Kevin calmly said. He wanted her to look at him while speaking. He hated to see her being so vulnerable.

                “I hope when you get a girlfriend later, you will take care of her properly and love her dearly. Girls hate it when people they trust the most betray them. It is like someone just stabbed their back without them knowing and the fact that the one who stabbed them is the one they love makes them the weakest. But girls like me are dumb, you know….”

                “Stop it, Hyojung.” Kevin cut her off. He couldn’t handle any more of her speech. He just wanted to hold her and shut . He wanted to kiss her head and rub her back, soothing her with his voice. “You’re talking nonsense.”

                Hyojung chuckled but it’s bitter. “Of course I’m nonsense. I was just in love with a man who cheated on me. Is he the fourth man who did this? Hmm, I don’t remember. Men are just men but I fell in love with idiots and I don’t know…”

                “Hyojung, look at me.” Kevin sighed. Hyojung remained silent and remote in her seat. She didn’t want him to see her in such state again. She’s crying again in front of him and she hated it.

                “Look at me, please.” She heard Kevin called for her.

                “Why? You want to tell me that I look like an ugly monster?” Hyojung said, still not tilting her head up.

                “This is my last warning, Ahn Hyojung. You better look at me now.” Kevin’s voice was a little harsh and she was scared. This was the first time she heard Kevin being so impatient with her. Kevin was always the one who often kept up with her and never showed any annoyed expression on his face. But now, Hyojung could feel the man was getting a little tensed.

                Hyojung turned at him. “What is it?”

                “You’re such an idiot now.” Kevin said.

                “Excuse me?” She scoffed.

                Instead of replying her, he leaned in and kissed her lips.