Throwing Hatred

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

Profanities alert. 

Please enjoy even though this chapter is not gonna be that good.

 


 

           Kevin stomped towards the restaurant. It’s now or never. He wanted to make sure that this time would be the last time he met Lee Byunghun. Looking around, Kevin was greeted with sweet smile from a waiter who’s in charge of welcoming customers. Kevin smiled back and took a seat. His eyes were searching for a hallway that might lead to an office or something.

            A waitress approached him with a menu in her hands but Kevin quickly waved his hand, telling her that he’s not here to eat.

            “Yes, sir? May I help you?” She flashed a warm smile.

            “Is the owner around today?” Kevin looked at the waitress.

            “He’s not here at the moment but,” She looked at her wrist watch, “he’ll arrive in 10 minutes. Mr Lee went out to buy some ingredients for the kitchen.”

            Kevin nodded. “Alright, thank you. And could you please bring me a glass of water?”

            “Sure.” The waitress said. Then, she was not next to him anymore as she saw some customers without any waiter or waitress taking their orders.

            Kevin observed and felt the atmosphere. People kept pouring in and occupied any vacant tables. He figured that the business was doing pretty good and Byunghun could get a load of money with this type of investment. Pfft, what investment? He’s the owner. The big boss.

            The lawyer saw a man with a lot of let’s-protect-our-environment bags walking through the entrance. A few people from the kitchen rushed towards him and took some of the green bags from him. Kevin tried his best not to take a long stride and dragged the man away.

            Byunghun let his eyes wandered around the big space of the restaurant. He spotted Kevin gazing at something outside the window and decided to approach him. He felt some weird aura surrounding him so suddenly as he was only a few steps away from the lawyer. Kevin pretended not to see him but when Byunghun came knocking the surface of the table, he faked his reaction by gasping and patting his chest.

            “Oh my goodness. Didn’t see you there, Byunghun-ssi.” Kevin chuckled.

            Byunghun sat across him and smiled. “Sorry. I should have greeted you properly.”

            “Yeah, you should.” Kevin held his glass and brought it to his lips.

            “Anyway, what are you doing here, Kevin-ssi? Is this your first time?” Byunghun, still not knowing Kevin’s intention, asked bluntly.

            “I just want to talk to you. About a few things.” Kevin nodded. He put back the glass to the table and stared at Byunghun. Byunghun gulped when he noticed Kevin’s gaze had changed.

            He nervously scratched the back of his neck. “Well, what do you want to talk about, Kevin-ssi?”

            “Can we talk in private? I don’t feel like discussing in a room full of people.” Kevin was already standing up and waited for the owner of the restaurant to say something.        

            “Alright. Let’s go to my office.” Byunghun smiled.

            Kevin followed Byunghun’s steps obediently while both of them making their way to a romm at the very end of the hallway. After Byunghun locked the door, he offered Kevin to sit. But Kevin didn’t want to waste his time anymore.

            The lawyer grabbed the man’s collar and punched his face. Byunghun immediately stayed away from Kevin and touched his lips when he tasted something coppery creeping up his tongue.

            “What the ?” Byunghun looked at Kevin in disbelief. He the wounded part on his lips and frowned at Kevin’s sudden blow just now.

            “Do you always play woman?” Kevin tilted his head. If he’s following his heart, he should be throwing more punches to that man’s pretty face.

            Byunghun, kind of understood the question, smirked. “Don’t tell me it’s about Hyojung.”

            “It is and I’m sorry.”

            “Okay, please listen to me.”

            “I’m listening.”

            Byunghun frowned even deeper. “I admit she’s different and I did love her. Like really really love her, you know.”

            Kevin scoffed, totally not believing his words. “Was that the biggest lie that has ever come from your mouth, Lee Byunghun?”

            “A man has his needs, okay? And Hyojung was not able to fulfill what I wanted from her.” Byunghun sat down. He knew he’s going to get kicked by the lawyer.

            “I bet you didn’t even ask her.” Kevin growled. So this what made him even more mad. A man like Byunghun who just wanted women to get into his pants and him chasing every girl’s skirt. Stupid. Or brainless, he must say.

            “She looked decent. I couldn’t afford to ask her to sleep with me.” Byungun complained.

            Kevin punched him again. “I don’t understand why such bastard like you doesn’t extinct? And why did you lie to her? She said you’re off to marry someone because that someone claimed that you made her pregnant. It’s not true, right?”

            “It’s true.” Byunghun mumbled.

            “ you. You really didn’t deserve her.” Kevin pulled Byunghun’s collar. His face was so close to him that it made him feel like spitting on it.

            “I have to marry that because I don’t know how to escape. And my freaking needs some attention. Since Hyojung can only give her heart to me and not her body, why would I wait for more? I loved her, for your information. I was mad about her.”

            “You’re a jerk. You’re talking like a maniac and that’s ing disgusting.” Kevin loosened his grip on Byunghun. He just realized that he’s going to hate this man forever. Wow, attitudes. People need to fix attitude.

            “Yeah yeah yeah. I love people enough to make them my .” Byunghun scoffed. He fixed his hair and looked at Kevin with a smirk. “Anyway, you’re invited to my wedding. It’s on this Sunday at 10. Please tell Hyojung too.”

            Kevin chuckled. “Alright, you’re so nice for inviting us. A total loser must be happy to marry his soon-to-be wife. Is she plastic too?”

            Byunghun his lower lip and pumped his fist. “Excuse me?”

            “I think you love girls with hard s. We saw you making out with this fake-looking girl at a club and wow, you guys looked so intense. Your fiancée?” Kevin smiled. He knew he’s going to make this man fall down into a hole of humiliation. What a womanizer.

            “What do you mean by ‘we’? Hyojung was there, too?” Byunghun’s eyes widened.

            “Yup.” Kevin nodded. “I think I have to go get going. Lunch time is almost over. I would love to drop by again to say hi.” He smiled again and left the room.

            Now, Kevin felt his anger has decreased its degree of hotness. Still, he couldn’t form a genuine smile. He wanted Hyojung. He missed her.

 

            Hyojung took a deep breath. She was so angry. As much as she didn’t want to meet Kevin, she just had to do it even though she despised it at the moment. It had been five days of not meeting him and she couldn’t believe Kevin would take such action without her knowing.

            She took her cardigan and put it on after she saw Kevin’s car passed by her house. Hyojung ignored Hyemi who was asking her where she was going. Hyojung walked hurriedly to Kevin’s house and approached him when he was about to unlock the front door. All sorts of negative emotions decorated her face and she knew she’s going to raise her hand.

            Kevin spun around and was shocked to see Hyojung standing next to him, scowling. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “I thought you don’t want to look at my face.”

            “You made me want to look at you right now, Kevin.” Hyojung folded her arms and glared at Kevin.

            Kevin tried to hug her shoulder and bring her in but she shrugged it off. He was disappointed but he knew it was his fault that Hyojung was so mad. He let her walked in and then he quietly closed the door behind him.

            “You punched Byunghun, didn’t you?” Hyojung said. She looked at Kevin as if she’s going to cry and yell at him.

            Kevin loosened his tie. “Yeah. And he told you that?”

            “Why did you punch him? Why were you so busy to mind other’s business?” Hyojung asked. She wanted to throw the magazines to his face but she just couldn’t. She demanded an explanation.

            “So, he really told you? Heh, for a man, he’s such a girl for crying out loud. Well, you wouldn’t even believe if I tell the truth. You hate me, remember?” Kevin went to the kitchen and drank a glass of water.

            “You shouldn’t use your fist in the first place.” Hyojung hissed.

            Kevin slammed the glass to the counter, causing her to startle. She never saw Kevin acting this way. He was probably not in the mood to talk normally because he had something he’s hiding that he didn’t want to tell her.

            “Do you still love him, Hyojung?” Kevin muttered. He didn’t dare to look at the woman.

            Hyojung bit her lower lip. She didn’t answer. She didn’t know whether she still love that guy. But his name was not on her mind until today, until Byunghun sent her a text message telling her to take care of Kevin because he knew how and when to throw his fist.

            Kevin sighed. “I’m telling you, Hyojung. Byunghun is just like any other guys who cheat on their girlfriend. I felt sick when he told me everything. If I was mental, I might have killed him because he’s the worst.”

            Hyojung stared at Kevin. She’s somehow curious with what Kevin was trying to say. Is there more about Byunghun that she didn’t know? “What did he say?”

            Kevin walked back to the living room and settled himself on a single couch. “He loved you.”       

            “I know that,” Hyojung said. “More.”

            “Please don’t be mad at me after I say this, okay?” Kevin looked at her. She still looked beautiful and Kevin had this urge to hug her. But she wouldn’t let him, he’s aware of that.

            “I can’t promise.” She sighed, to cover her embarrassment when she was stared like that. “Go on.”

            “He loved you but he said he broke up with you because he knew you wouldn’t agree to sleep with him.” Kevin said.

            Hyojung looked into his eyes, trying to search for hint of lies but she couldn’t find them. And that’s when her heart began to swell with hatred. “What more did he tell you?”

            “He said since you wouldn’t give him your body, why would he wait for you? Plus, he’s going to marry now. Hyojung, please don’t yell at me because this is all. I don’t want to tell you more. It’s just horrible.” Kevin massaged his temple. “And I didn’t mean to make you pissed.” He hoped that Hyojung would trust him. He hoped Hyojung knew that she should throw Byunghun away, for real. And freaking move on.

`           Hyojung scoffed. “So you told me he wanted me for my heart and body. God, I’m really sick of guys who fall in love with woman to find out that they just want . What the hell?!”

            “Hyojung, I’m sorry.” Kevin said.

            “Never mind. His sweet words were only bait for me to pull his pants down, huh? I can’t believe he did that to me.” She huffed. For some reason, she felt like crying because she was betrayed even when she was still with that man. She hated herself for falling in love with the wrong guy.

            Kevin became worried. “Hyojung, are you okay?”

            She rose from her seat and brushed away the tears. “I’m fine.” She wanted to run into him and let him hug her but no, she’s still not happy with what happened in the car when they wanted to stay away from club.

            Kevin couldn’t hold his feeling anymore. He went to her and secured her in his arms. Hyojung struggled to get off from him but kept her still.

            “Tell me. You pushed me away when I kissed you because you were still thinking of him, right?”

            Hyojung groaned. “Let me go, Kevin.”

            “Answer me first.” He looked down at her, meeting her eyes. Hyojung became flustered but she quickly looked somewhere else.

            “Yes.” A sigh escaped her lips.

            Kevin released her. Then, he took her right hand and held it gently. Hyojung was nervous. The blooming feeling came again. His hand was warm and she loved how it fit perfectly with hers.

            Hyojung fixed her gaze on him. She had this good feeling about him and she wanted him around. She admitted that she felt lonely during the five days of not talking to him. Her heart sighed, she didn’t know what to do now.

            Hyojung pulled back her hand. “I’m going home.”

            A small, bitter smile was plastered on his face. He led Hyojung to the front door with disappointment. When will he be able to have this woman’s heart?

            “Thanks for telling me about Byunghun.” Hyojung said. She was about to walk away when she felt Kevin grabbed her wrist.

            Kevin smiled. “Please take note that I’ll make you fall in love with me.”

            Hyojung’s heart beat rapidly. The effect of his gentle warning caused her to blush. The only thing she could digest right now was that she might not be able to sleep that night.