"But you look like Kiseop's girlfriend"

Kevin Woo, I Object Your Love { discontinued }

 

 

Comments, please :O


 

“Seriously, I don’t know that boy can cook very well.” Hyojung tried to remember the seafood stew that Dongho cooked a few days ago. She was surprised to see him put on a serious face while cooking it. Boy that kid is capable in almost everything.

“So, you approve of him?” Hyemi tugged on the hem of Hyojung’s shirt.

“How many times I have to say yes, pabo?” Hyojung pushed her away lightly. She really liked Dongho and she really wanted Dongho to be his brother-in-law. Dongho is very well-mannered and it’s hard to see him pissed. Not to mention he’s also a spoiled brat and has a lot of aegyo.

“Aww, I love you, unnie.” Hyemi hugged Hyojung. Hyojung just laughed and then pretended to struggle in that hug.

“Yeah right, if you love me, why didn’t you open the door and help me to carry all those grocery bags? Pfft, all I could see is… you, staring at Dongho all the time. And you allowed him into our house.” She still remembered how she almost burst in anger when she found Dongho was actually in their house and Hyemi didn’t even come to help her.

“But you love his cooking.” Hyemi sang. Hyojung sighed in defeat and nodded to his sister’s remark. She couldn’t agree more to her.

The sound of Hyemi’s phone and caught her attention and she raced together with her sister to grab it. Hyojung happily snatched it away from the sofa and looked at the caller ID. Hahaha, brother-in-law, she whispered. Hyemi pouted when she saw her picking up the call.

“Hey, Dongho!” Hyojung beamed. She heard the male laughed and then both of them started to tease each other until Dongho finally asked her to pass the phone to Hyemi. Hyemi rolled her eyes and took it away from Hyojung.

“I just want to talk with my brother-in-law.” She mumbled as she tried to listen to their conversation. Hyemi would laugh sometimes and talked sweetly to her boyfriend. Hyojung felt a little jealous with their relationship but she tried to keep in mind that they’re just being comfortable with each other.

“Alright oppa, I’ll dress prettily for that feast. I love you, bye bye.” She placed her phone beside her and looked at Hyojung who was seemed to be curious with the last thing she said on the phone.

“Feast? What feast?” she asked.

“I don’t know. Oppa said there’s this feast held by his hyung and he had to bring partner.” Hyemi said.

“Oh, lucky.” Hyojung teased. And she realized she hadn’t gone to the club for such a long time. Her friends never invited her lately because she always had to finish her work and kill her quality time.

“You need to go clubbing too, you know. Loosen up. Get rid of all those dark clouds above your head.” Hyemi waved her around on top of Hyojung’s head.

She would love to, only if she had no work to do.

 

“I want to reserve 14 seats, please.” Kevin spoke to the staff of famous fast food chain through the phone. He discussed all the details with him and wrote down some notes on a piece of pink paper.

“Thank you. I’ll get there 30 minutes early and help you around with the food and arrangement of tables.” He ended the phone call and dumped his phone on the bed. The sweet jazz melody that came from the radio helped him to calm down a bit.

Kevin looked at the price of food and reservation he had to pay. All of them almost cost 800,000 won. Oh well, stupid bet, he cursed. But he was happy to arrange this kind of party or so he thought since they never had such a gathering before, with their partner, of course. And it was going to be fun to talk about how much life has changed, everything.

 He texted each of his friends about the venue, the time, and the menu. He already sent some messages before, concerning the little gathering and they were like calling him and told him he’s a loser. Yeah, loser. Loser in love.

Kevin waited for his friends to reply the messages. He rolled in the bed and his eyes immediately crawled onto the bundles of files on his desk. Hmm, work. Then, a lot messages came in and he read it one by one. All of them agreed except for one. Kiseop.

From: Kiseop

Message: Sorry, I got a call from my agency and I have a photoshoot at Bangkok on that day. Treat me next time, bro.

Kevin formed a pout without realizing it. He replied and said it’s alright. But he’s a bit disappointed since it felt like forever he hadn’t talk to the red hair male. After he responded to all the texts, he went to his table and started to play with his pen.

 

Hyemi dressed prettily on that Friday evening. Hyojung watched her in envy but helped her to fix her hair. Both of them stared into the mirror in and played with their own hair. Hyemi looked exactly like Hyojung. People would recognize them as twin at first. They have the same hair length, the same body proportion, and the same way of laughing. But Hyemi has dimples on both cheeks. And she’s a lot bubbly and cheerful than Hyojung. Well, those are the things that make them different.

“Bring me the leftover when you’re home later.” Hyojung said lazily. She walked to kitchen and took a box of crackers from the fridge.

“You make me feel bad for leaving you alone tonight.” Hyemi scrunched her nose.

“No, I think I’m going to the club.” Well, that’s what she planned. She’d call a few friends later and brought them to the night club. Girls night out, mhmm.

“Finally.” Hyemi smiled. Finally her sister would go out to have fun.

“Yup, finally.”

A honk broke the silence and Hyojung sprinted to the window just to see Dongho waving his hand from the inside of the car.

“Your oppa is here, tell him that I’ll kick his if he didn’t bring you home before 12.” Hyojung waved her hand around and watched Hyemi as she struggled to put on the flats.

“Since when did I become a Cinderella? Alright, have fun at the club, unnie. I’ll tell oppa to bring me straight under your nose before the clock struck 12, stepsister.” She joked. Then, she ran to the car. The breeze that slapped her hair perfectly made her look like an angel. Oh, perfect Ahn Hyemi is perfect.

Hyojung ran to her bedroom and opened her closet to find a dress for her to wear at the club. Knowing that she still didn’t contact her friends yet, she rushed to take her phone and called one of her best friends, Chaeyeon.

“Chaeyeon, let’s go to the club tonight, I feel like hanging out with you girls.” Hyojung said through the phone. She swore she could hear her friends laughing like a mad woman. Then, she told her where to meet and asked Chaeyeon to tell the other friends about it too.

She hung up and continued looking for the dress. A tight, black mini dress with glitters caught her attention right away and she knew she had to wear it that night.

“Hmm, a bright red lipstick would do this dress just right.” She talked to herself while holding the black outfit.

 

Kevin wore a light blue polo along together with skinny jeans. He spiked his hair up and yes, he looked hot. Kevin helped the waiters to arrange the food on the attached tables and made sure they were perfectly organized.

Five minutes later, Jaeseop and his fiancée, Wooyeon greeted him and made themselves comfortable at the tables.

“Kiseop can’t make it. Did he tell you?” Jaeseop said as he helped Kevin to add more food to the tables.

“You, he told me.” Kevin nodded.

Soon, all the couples arrived except for Eli and his partner. All of them talked to each other and their girlfriends/wives took the opportunity to know each other very well. Kevin, feeling outcasted, scooped Soohyun’s son and played with him.

“Kevin ahjussi. When can we eat?” Joohyun pouted.

“We have to wait for Eli ahjussi to be here and then we can eat together, understand?” Kevin said sweetly to the little boy. The 3-years-old kid nodded and played with the plushie on his hand.

“Oh god, Eli always late.” Hoon sighed.

“And hyung never fails at it.” Dongho joined.

“Sorry guys, caught up in a traffic.” The said guy appeared on their faces with her girlfriend, Yesul. He laughed nervously before sitting besides Kevin and Joohyun.

“Hmm, always caught up in traffic.” Kevin snickered.

“He lied. I arrived at his home a lot earlier and he was still playing video games. This man needs to be punched.” Yesul blew a raspberry. The other guys booed him and Kevin cleared his throat before standing up to give a speech.

“So, uhm, you know the reason why we’re all here, right? Let’s just enjoy the food and thank me for spending a lot of money on this.”

“Girlfriend for Kevin!”  They cheered and then burst out laughing, leaving Kevin flustered in his place.

All of them ate peacefully until Eli’s eyes went to look at Dongho’s girlfriend. He quickly removed his shades that covered his eyes to take a look at the girl beside Dongho.

No way, he whispered. She’s two timing?

“Uh.. hey, Dongho’s girl.” Eli hesitantly called her. Hyemi looked up and looked at him.

“Yes…?” she replied.

“Hyung, she has a name, okay? Call her Hyemi, please.” Dongho narrowed his eyes at Eli.

“Hyemi, I believe we’ve met before.” Eli casually said.

“What?!” The whole group said. Hyemi closed her eyes and tried to remember if she had met him but no images registered into his mind.

“Uh, I guess you’ve mistaken me with someone else, sorry.” she apologized but Eli still looked at her weirdly.

“Eli, are you drunk? Hyemi-ah, don’t mind him, he’s always like this.” Jaeseop assured.

“No no no, I’ve seen her!” Eli pointed at Hyemi.

“Have you met him before, baby?” Dongho asked her.

“No, never.” She shook her head vigorously.

“But you look like Kiseop’s girlfriend.” Eli stated. Everyone looked at Hyemi, curious.

“You gotta be kidding me, I don’t know who’s Kiseop, seriously.” Hyemi exclaimed. Eli felt somewhat weird. The girl besides Dongho was a lot outspoken and bubbly but the girl he saw with Kiseop at the parlor was a little strict-looking. Maybe he’s wrong.

Hyemi started to gather everything back to her head. Now she knew why Eli thought she’s Kiseop’s girlfriend. It’s her sister. Her sister must have gone out with Kiseop and Eli quickly made a conclusion that it was her.

“Wait, oppa, the one you’ve seen before was probably my older sister.” She gained a smile on her face.

“And Dongho oppa, is Kiseop oppa the guy who has red hair?” Hyemi looked at Dongho. He hummed a yes and waited for her explanation.

“Well, that must be my sister. She was probably dating with that Kiseop oppa at that time. And I can’t believe she actually dates him. Omo, oppa I’m so happy!” She shook Dongho’s hands.

Eli lowered his head, a little embarrassed for accusing her that way. Kevin who was watching the scene from A to Z amused. The world is indeed small. He’s curious on how Kiseop’s girlfriend looks like since he’s not easily attracted to girls.

“You girls do look alike, okay? I’m sorry. And what’s your sister’s name? I was rushing when Kiseop tried to introduce her to me.” Eli twinkled his eyes.

“Ahn Hyojung!” Hyemi beamed.

The name struck into Kevin’s head for a while.

‘The name sounds familiar.’ He thought as he helped Joohyun with his bib.

 

“Oh my goodness, my baby, you’re sweating, a lot!” Seulmi pulled Hyojung from the middle of the club and brought her to the bar.

“Are you that stressed out and have to dance until dawn?” Chaeyeon interrupted. She wiped the sweat forming on Hyojung’s forehead and brought her some drinks.

“I feel so happy right now. How I miss clubbing!” Hyojung laughed. She curled her hair that night, red lipstick smothered around her lips, tight dress, and red heels. She sure had caught a lot of guys staring at her from the moment she entered the club.

“You should give us a call when you feel like to get rid of those stress, alright?” Aeri suddenly popped her head in front of her.

“Sure!” Hyojung smiled. She glanced at her watch and gasped when she realized it’s almost 11.30pm. It’s not going to be good if Hyemi reached home first.

“Girls, I have to go first. Let’s hang out later.” She patted Chaeyeon’s and waved them goodbye.

Hyojung ran in her heels and managed not to fall. She started the engine of her car and sprinted to her house without caring about the other cars that had been honking her, probably for driving at high speed.

She stumbled upon the front door just to see the light in the house. She slowly twisted the door knob and saw Hyemi sitting on the couch with remote control on her hand.

“You’re home.” Hyemi looked at her sister and she almost couldn’t believe what she saw.

“Yes. And Dongho has done a very good job sending you early.” She plopped herself beside Hyemi and let out a satisfying sigh.

“You look dazzling hot. Clubbing?”Hyemi touched Hyojung’s curl. The latter nodded.

“Good for you! Unnie, I’ve encountered a weird thing today.” She said.

“What?”

“When I was at the feast, there’s this oppa, Dongho oppa’s friend of course, told me that I’m dating this guy named Kiseop.” She explained. Hyojung grew interest at the sudden mention of Kiseop.

“And?”

“And he told everyone that he’s seen me with Kiseop oppa  as if I’m cheating on Dongho oppa.” She pouted.

“Wait, does he have blonde hair?” Hyojung snapped.

“Yes, do you know him?” Hyemi blinked.

“Uhuh, he’s the one that I saw when I met with Kiseop oppa few days ago.”

“Oh, so you’re dating Kiseop oppa now?” Hyemi teased.

“Mind your own boyfriend, please. We’re not.” She threw a small cushion at Hyemi. Hyemi just chuckled and threw back the cushion at her.

“Alright. By the way, unnie, I saw this one guy at the feast. He’s one of oppa’s friends. He looks very handsome and if only oppa wasn’t beside me, I would go to him and talk. He ate quietly and sometimes interrupted our conversation. If I’m not wrong, his name is Kevin. He’s so cute but he has no girlfriend, poor him.” Hyemi placed her finger on her chin.

“Kevin? Is he a foreigner?” She guessed, Kevin Woo the lawyer was in her mind but she didn’t think he’s the type to attend such party.

“Nope. Pure Korean, unnie. Aish, I would ask Dongho oppa to hook him up with you but you’re already together with the majestic Kiseop oppa.” Hyemi made faces in front of Hyojung. Hyojung rolled her eyes at her younger sister and threw more cushions at her.