The Way Home pt.2

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 9

 

I pointed to the left, “There it is,” and stumbled onto the couch. Kris walked swiftly into the kitchen, made the tea, and brought it to me in a mug. I sat against the arm of the couch and looked over at Kris heading towards me. “Ooh! My favorite mug! How did you know, you senseless boy?!” At this point in time, Kris looked as if he was becoming agitated with my drunken statements.

“Will you be quiet and drink the tea please?” He held the cup to my face caringly, being sure I didn’t spill it. “I hope it’s not too hot for you. Just try not to spill it on yourself.”

I took the cup from him, “I know what I’m doing, youngin. Leave it to the experts. I been doing this since before you could-” Kris put the cup to my mouth and began to make me drink.

“Please, please stop talking and just drink the tea.” Kris calmly yet still annoyed snapped. “At this rate, you’ll never finish the whole cup in time. Drink a little more, Bre.” I sat in an upright position and began to drink the tea at a faster pace. “Wait a minute now, I didn’t say execute yourself. Slow down tiger.”

I shot him a look and snarled at him, “YOU NEED TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND, NOW! DO YOU WANT ME TO DRINK THE TEA FAST OR SLOW?! YOU MAKING ME NO HAPPY! NO HAPPY AT ALL!”

Kris winched at the tone of my voice and yelled, “You wanna kill yourself?! GO AHEAD! I CAN’T-” He stopped mid-sentence and sighed. “Yelling won’t make things any better. And she’s drunk so what’s the point?” He asked himself under his breath. “Bre, will you please drink the tea quickly so you can rest, but not too fast that you choke? Please?” He looked at me almost pleading.

*He thinks he’s so cute, eh?* “Fine. But don’t think I’m doing this for you! Mehrong~” I made a face and began drink my tea again. Slowly but hurriedly.

Kris watched me and wiped the drops of tea off my chin that I let fall. The last few were about to fall from the corners of my lips, yet he caught them in time. “Aigoo, you’re such a messy person when you’re drunk.” With his hands cupping my face, he wiped the tea from the corners of my lips.

Drunk or not, I almost fainted at his easy touch. *His hands are softer on my face than they were in my hand.* I gazed at his face as he concentrated on the tea at my mouth. When he finished, his eyes met mine. I gawked into his eyes for what felt like 3 hours but turned out to only be about 20 seconds. He dropped his hands to my arms as he continued to stared back at me. *He’s so thoughtful and kind. I just officially met this guy yet he’s at my house taking care of me. Why, though? I wonder what he’s thinking. Hopefully he can’t tell what I’m thinking. Otokae?!*

We mutually started to talk, me about to say ‘I’m starting to feel-’ and him beginning with ‘I think it’s time to-.‘ We both stopped and I quietly said, “You first.” Yet he insisted that I talk first, and I did as told. “Ok... I was going to tell you I’m starting to feel a bit better,” I lowered my gaze to his hands, “thanks to you.”

Kris grinned slightly at me and calmly replied, “No silly. I didn’t do anything, it’s the tea working.” I blushed and looked away. “Shy all of a sudden, are you?” He laughed as he stood up and held his hand out to me. “Let’s go. I’ll walk you to your room and make sure you’re nice and cozy before I leave. You ready?” I looked up to find him eyeing me…