"That Girl"

I Just Can't Choose!

 

Chapter 41


"Who's becoming 'that girl'?" Another person walked into the studio and joined our conversation, making air quotes on that girl as well. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything," he walked over next to Kai.
"There's the other stripper." he bro-hugged BaekHyun as stood by up. 
"What? Stripper? You're still on that, Bre?" BaekHyun laughed. 
"Look man, he snuck up on me as I was thinking outloud and got the wrong idea and he assumed I was talking about you two." 
"Well... were you?" They both looked to me with expecting eyes. I turned away and pretended like I was doing some work. "I think she wants us to strip for her, Kai." 
"Does she, now? Everyone knows I like to rid myself of a few layers here and there." I felt Kai coming towards me. 
"Okay stop, please!" I spun around and held up my hands, "Fine, I was talking about you two, but I DON'T want you to s-strip for me. God knows I have enough on my plate already!" I sighed as they laughed at me. 
"Okay, Bre, we'll let you off this time." Kai hive-fived BaekHyun and sat back on the couch. 
"So what's going on in here?" 
"We were talking about how Bre's becoming 'that girl'." BaekHyun's mouth formed a "O" as Kai filled him in on what was previously said. 
"Who the heck is 'that girl'? What are you two saying?"
"'That girl' means you're becoming that girl who waits for her turn in life, instead of grabbing each opportunity when they come," BaekHyun explained to me. 
"You can't sit back and hope things work out," Kai spoke, "you have to make them happen. Take a day or two off, make time for yourself and your loved ones..." 
I nodded and took in their words as they continued to inspire me. *They're right. I need to make this happen.* 
"If you want to have a private day with Kris, make the reservations and stuff and make him come." 
"If you want to, you know," Kai nudged BaekHyun's arm, "cough cough with Kris, you also need to make him-" 
"OOOOKAY, this conversation has gone too far." I stood up and clasped my hands together, "I think your break is over. Goodbye, see ya later," I pushed them both out of the door, "or not. Bye!" 
I closed the door pulled the shades down behind me. "Devils. Why do they have to be sweet-looking devils!" I mentally face palmed myself and began my work.