Jongdae

The Housewives of Exo Planet

 

Kim Jongdae has more married friends than single one's.

 

This fact leads to a lot of questions, some revolving around mommy or daddy issues and others regarding Jongdae's possible recreation activity as a “swinger”.

 

Jongdae has and does neither. He has a perfectly healthy, happy relationship with both his parents and does not spend his leisure time joining his married friends in their ual activities.

 

Besides, it wasn't his fault that a great number of his single friends had decided to fall in love and get married to his other single friends. So really, what was a guy to do but go with the flow?

 

True, some things have changed since most of his friends got married, like the couples don't stay out too late anymore, but Jongdae has found that things have generally stayed the same, save for being able to cut down on Christmas shopping expenses(Why buy individual gifts when you can get one for each couple?) and the constant recurrence of quiet moments when Jongdae contemplates on why he is still single.

 

The speaker on the wall near his office cubicle lets out static and Jongdae is jerked back into reality. Reality being his short cube, a cup of coffee that's gone cold, and two stacks of paperwork that he had to get done by today.

 

He sighs and rubs his face.

 

“Tough morning?”

 

Jongdae spins around in his office chair and finds Junmyeon leaning against one of the walls of his cube.

 

“Don't you have a marketing pitch to make today?” Jongdae asks “Why do you look so happy? You're supposed to be running around, stressed and pulling your hair out in chunks”

 

“Why would you think that, Jongdae?”

 

“Because Yoseob is”

 

Junmyeon's eyes widen “What-? Did you see him?”

 

And without waiting for an answer, Junmyeon runs off, shouting for his partner. Jongdae rolls his eyes.

 

“Singles” he mutters

 

He's spun around to face the paperwork again before it hits him.

 

“. I'm single too”

-