Make You Mine

The Athlete and the Nerdy Foreigner

 

*Kyuhyun POV*

“So...”

“So...”

There was an awkward silence. You have to make a good first impression.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” I got up and gave him a deep bow.           

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim Ryeowook. It’s very nice to meet you, Kyuhyun-sunbaenim.”

“Yah! There’s no need for all that ‘formality’ crap! Call me Kyuhyun-ah or Kyu.”

“Heehee. Okay, ‘Kyu-ah.’ ”

“Much better. Now, Ryeowook, when did you move here?”

“I moved here maybe the end of June or early July? I’m not so sure...”

“Cheongmalyo? From Korea?”

“Neh. I’m from Incheon.”

“Ah, I see. I’m from Seoul.”

This was going better than I expected. Aigoo, he’s so cute! I can’t get over it!

“Were you born there?” he asked me.

“Yeah. I moved to the states when I was 9 or 10.”

“Wow.. You’ve been here so long.”

“Yeah, I guess you could say that. By the way, how old are you, Wookie?”

He blushed when I accidentally blurted out my new nickname for him.

“Oh, mianhae. Is it okay if I call you that?”  I asked with my best smile. He blushed again,

“I-it’s okay, Kyu. And I’m 18. I just turned 18 a few weeks ago, actually...”

“Jinjjayo? I’m only 17... I’ll turn 18 in a few weeks. Does this mean I have to call you hyung?! Aish! But I’m taller than you!” I said with a pout.

“Yah!! Respect your elder!” he started laughing and playfully hit my arm with a huge smile on his face.

We literally just met and we’re already bickering like an old, married couple. I can tell we’ll get along just fine! Oh my God. What a smile! Ugh, I have to keep making him smile like that! He’s just so perfect and beautiful...

Wait, what?

Alright, you know what?

I AM IN LOVE WITH KIM RYEOWOOK AND I’M NOT ASHAMED TO ADMIT IT. I LOVE THE BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, CUTE, ADORABLE KIM RYEOWOOK!!

I know it’s just the first day I’ve known the boy but it’s not like he loves me back so it doesn’t really matter ... right?

 

*Ryeowook POV*

Aigoo! He called me “Wookie”!! I could just faint right now ... he’s just so handsome! I can’t even ...!

“Okay, okay! I’ll respect my tiny elder!” he said in a sarcastic tone. I pouted cutely and he blushed. Why is he blushing?

“Okay, ‘Wookie-hyung.’ I know it’ll be awkward asking you this but .... Where do you live? A lot of new kids get lost going home and I don’t want you to get lost, haha. New York City is pretty big, you know.”

AH!! Kyuhyunnie cares for my well-being!!! Aigoo, he’s so nice! I love him even more now!!!!

“Um. I live on 9th Ave. and 42nd St. in this huge apartment building. It’s a really quick subway trip from here. I think it’s called ‘Avalon’ or something like that...”

“DO YOU REALLY!?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I live there too!! Which apartment number?”

“4402 ....”

“I’m 4416! We’re in the same hallway!! YAAAY! We’re neighbors!”

“Why would I want to be neighbors with someone who doesn’t even respect his elders!?” I said sarcastically.

“Yah!”

“Just kidding!”

“That’s what I thought, tiny!”

“HEY!”

“Hahaha, I’m kidding! So Wookie, what do you like to do? Have any hobbies or interests?”

“Well... I love to sing, play piano, and cook. I love cooking!”

“Can you make bibimbap or kimchi soup!?”

“Of course I can! Those are my 2 best dishes!!”

“Wow! Well then expect me over your house all the time!”

“O-of course, Kyu. I-I’d love to have you over. Just let me know in advance, okay?”

Kyuhyun nodded frantically, “Good. I can’t cook for my life.”

“That must .”

“It does. My diet for the past 3 months has been take-out and cup noodles...”

“That’s not healthy! How are you not a fatso?! Where’s your mom to cook Korean dishes for you?”

“My parents have been living on the 5th floor since the end of my junior year because they wanted me to get used to living by myself if I choose to dorm for college, which I probably will end up doing.”

“Omo! That is so sad! I would not be able to function without my umma in the same house as me!”

He laughed.

“Aww, that’s so cute!”

“Heehee, I know. But enough about me, what do you like to do?”

“Me? Well .... Obviously, I play football. I’m the quarterback and team captain. I don’t really like being team captain, though.”

“Why?”

“Because everyone up to you so that they won’t get ‘bullied’. I’m not even a bully though! I’m really nice to everyone...”

“I can tell.”

“And the teachers baby me so that I won’t send the whole football team on them because I got a bad grade. PUH-LEASE! That’s just harsh and mean. Also, all the girls and boys are all over me like a piece of meat. I get many confessions every year, mostly from girls. Do they not understand that I am gay? Aish! It can get really annoying sometimes. Anyway, I’m pretty smart, too. I also sing and I play video games like there’s no tomorrow. I’m the gaming master.”

He’s gay? Wow .... Someone like him being gay is quite the surprise. He’s too good-looking! “Yah! Gaming all night long is not good for you either!”

“So!? I love it!! Yah, don’t put down your dongsaeng!!”

“Whatever you say!! But you sing too?”

“Yeah. I love singing. A lot of people think I sing pretty good too. But I just say that I’m not as good as everyone says I am. You should join the choir, Wookie! I’m in it too!”

“You are? Gosh, you’re so well-rounded!”

“Am not!”

“Whatever you say, Kyu. But I was actually thinking of going to audition. I just don’t know when.”

“I’ll be glad to help my tiny hyung audition! I’ll even introduce my tiny hyung to the choir teacher, my cousin, Yesung! My tiny hyung will love him!”

“Yah!!!!!!!!!! Stop calling me your ‘tiny hyung!’ I am NOT tiny!”

“Come on! You’re at least two inches shorter than the almighty Cho Kyuhyun!”

“Yah!! What happened to ‘being humble’!?”

“Merong!”

We’ve only known each other for a few hours and we’re already bickering. I bet we’re bickering more than old, married couples do! Omo! Me and Kyu together as an old, married couple? YES!!!!!

 

*Kyuhyun POV*

I lay down on my huge bed, thinking of about all of the things that happened today.

The rest of the period (and day, as a matter of fact) went very well. It was made up of more bickering and even more blushing from both of us. We learned more about each other and I realized that we had many common interests – almost all of them! It was like we were meant for each other...

During this “bonding time”, I learned to love Wookie more than I already did. I know that looks like pushing it, especially since I only knew the kid for one day. But to me that doesn’t matter. Wookie has something special that makes my heart skip a beat and makes it race. Ever since I met the bundle of cuteness and innocence that is Kim Ryeowook, I’ve felt the need to protect him and care for him. Even when we were walking to class and walking home, I’ve kept him close. Speaking about classes, we had literally all of our classes together and I was very happy. I made sure he sat next to me so that I could protect my little angel from all of the bullies and erts that roam this school from harming him. I am also very glad we are neighbors. That means I’ll be able to walk him to and from school every day. That also means that he’ll be able to have someone to count on just in case something happens. That ALSO means he can make me food, kekeke.

The only problem was...

I loved him. And he doesn’t love me back or realize that I love him.

He sees me as just his “friend.” I want to be more – so much more than what we are now.

So Kim Ryeowook, I know you won’t hear this right now and one day I’ll have the guts to tell you this, but I need you to acknowledge a few things:

 When the world turns away from you, just know: I’ll be there.

 When you need a shoulder to cry on, I’ll be there.

 When you need a savior and shining prince, I’ll be yours.

 When you need love or someone to love, I’ll be yours.

 I love you – so much. You might think that I’m rushing things right now, since we just met, but just know that my love for you is sincere and deep. I’ve been thinking about you since the moment we parted paths a few hours ago and I haven’t stopped yet. I know I’ll dream about you too.  And when I wake up, I’ll still be thinking of you and I’ll anticipate when we’ll meet to go to school – just to see your beautiful face. I just want you to know that I’ll treat you better than any other person has treated you, and I know that someone like me shouldn’t deserve someone as amazing as you. But if you give me the chance, I will love you more than anyone has loved you.

 

Whatever you need, I’ll be there...

 

Even if the odds aren’t in my favor.

 


Annyeong, readers! I hope you liked the new chapter!!

I'm so sorry I couldn't update sooner :( ... My homework load is really large and its really hard tooo :'( !

Ahahahahahahah well I'll try to update the next one soon! Don't be silent readers!

 

Comment/subscribe!