Hopefully

The Athlete and the Nerdy Foreigner

 

3rd Week of School, Friday, Day of the Pep Rally

 

*Kyuhyun POV*

 

I walked down the hallway from the principal’s office.

 

These past three weeks have been the best three years of my life. School was going great, classes were amazing, and my grades were even better. The most perfect person in the world lives down the hall from me and it was safe to say that I can now proudly call him my best friend. I would like to be more than just “best friends” with him, though. He’s an amazing cook, can sing like an angel, can dance and sway his S-line hips in this way that makes me go crazy, and he is the cutest thing ever. If you met him, then you’d want him too. But that’s too bad. He’s mine, not anyone else’s.

 

He’s not even yours, you idiot! You’d have to ask him out first, OBVIOUSLY!!

 

If only I had the guts to ask him out.

 

I don’t wanna just plainly ask him out, though! I want it to be something memorable, something he’ll remember forever. I want it to be romantic. I want to show him that I am the right one for him. But how?

 

I have an idea.

 

 

*Ryeowook POV*

 

I walked into the school’s loud hallways. There was so much commotion in the morning in senior hallway, sometimes. Even though it’s already the third week of school, everyone is still greeting people they haven’t seen over vacation and talking about how their summers were. Am I the only one here who’s dead tired? Even Kyuhyun is a loud- in the morning! For someone who plays football and plays video games all night, that is quite the shock. I don’t know how he does it. Speaking of the devil, Kyuhyun came striding down the hallway.

 

A very good-looking, tall, perfect devil.

 

He was wearing his white and green football jersey (which fit him very well) with the #88 on it, dark jeans, and pearly-white shoes. He looked damn delicious in that uniform. Ignoring all of the lusty stares he was getting from the cheerleaders, he smiled at me. He walked up to me and gave me a hug from behind after getting books from his locker. This made me turn into a tomato. He had such strong, safe arms...

 

“Morning, cute little bunny,” he whispered into my ear, making me shiver.

 

“Um, h-hi, Kyu. W-why so energetic?”

 

“Today’s the Pep-Rally! I have to show my school spirit, obviously! And ...”

 

“O-oh. Right. And what?”

 

“And it’s the first game of the season! You’re gunna come watch me play, right?”

 

“When is it?”

 

“Tonight, at 7pm. Pleease?”

 

*sigh* “Alright.”

 

“Yaay! Come earlier, though. I want to get you (and your friends if you bring any) good seats!”

 

By this point in the conversation, he was still hugging me, making me blush even more than I already was. “W-why?”

 

“Cuz I wanna make sure you see how awesomely beast I am!” he smirked.

 

“Yah! Stop being so arrogant!”

 

“Whateverrrr! By the way, I’m going to mark a spot on the bleachers for you. I want you to stand there when halftime comes and I want you to watch me while I make my senior-captain speech, okay?”

 

“Um, okay... but, again, w-why?”

 

“It’s a surprise! Just go with it! And here ...” he gave me a jersey that was identical to the one he was wearing, “I want you to wear it tonight, while you’re in the stands cheering for me. I also want you to wear it when I say my speech, arasso? Don’t protest! Just do it!” he gave me a smile that made my heart melt.

 

“Okay….. sure?”

 

“Woohoo! Now let me walk my tiny hyung to class, kekeke.”

 

“YAHH!!”

 

“Kidding, of course!” He released me from the hug (that lasted a little too long) and we stared walking to our first class, AP Calculus. I hate Calculus. To be honest, I just hate math in general.

 

“Hey, do you mind if I bring Key and D.O to the game to sit with me?”

 

“Of course not! They just can’t come early. Only you can.”

 

“Okay. They’ll be too busy staring at Minho and Kai anyways.”

 

[A/N: There won't be a lot of MinKey and KaiSoo in this fic btw]

 

“Haha, my team is just THAT good-looking.”

 

“Arrogance!!”

 

“Don’t hate! You know some say, ‘If you’ve got it, flaunt it.’ And baby, we’ve got it all.”

 

I just rolled my eyes and kept walking.

 

We walked into class together and Mr. Franklin greeted us. We said hi and sat next to each other. Being the math genius he was, Kyuhyun was absorbed in the lecture. He’d occasionally give me a warm smile, though.

 

But I couldn’t stop thinking about what he said before.

 

Why did he want me to stand at a certain spot when he was making his speech? Was he going to tell me something? I’d have to speak with Key and D.O, two other Koreans in this school and my other best friends, about this during lunch.

 

-RIING!-

 

I got up and said goodbye to Kyu. He hugged me, telling me he couldn’t go with me to lunch today; something about setting up the pep rally. Good. That means I can talk to Key and D.O about what happened earlier.

 

-----

 

I saw my two friends and I went to go sit with them. Key spoke up first.

 

“Hey, I got your text. What did you want to tell us?”

 

“Two things. First, Kyu needs to talk to you, D.O, about something privately and wants you to call him. Second, you two are coming with me to the game tonight.”

 

“Okay and I’ll go do that now,” D.O said, excusing himself.

 

“So what is it, Wookie? What did you need to say?”

 

I cleared my throat and told him what happened this morning, from the very long hug, to the whispering in my ear, all the way to when he asked me to wear his jersey.

 

“He is obviously in love with you.”

 

“H-he i-is?”

 

“Um, obviously!! He talks about you with this weird look in his eyes when you’re not around like some love-struck puppy. And I don’t think that once in the past 8 years I’ve been his best friend has he ever given his jersey for someone to wear. Trust me, my dear dongsaeng.  He’s got it bad for you.” [A/N: I know Key is Wookie's dongsaeng & hoobae in real life, but NOT HERE! Kekeke]

 

I couldn’t stop blushing. Was it really that obvious? Am I really that special to him? Aigoo, he’s just so good-looking!

 

“Wookie? EARTH TO WOOKIE!!”

 

“H-huh?”

 

“Wookie, are you paying attention?!”

 

“S-sure, keep t-talking.”

 

“Well I think he’s going to ask you out.”

 

“M-me?”

 

“YES, YOU!!! Aish, jinjja!!”

 

-Riiing-

 

Lunch was over. I was walking to my homeroom to wait until they called us down for the pep rally. I was just mindlessly walking, mostly thinking to myself.

 

Does Kyuhyun really love me?

 

 

*Kyuhyun POV*

 

Pep Rally of my senior year, the last one of my high school career. Probably one of my most anticipated days. What better way to start the season off than by spending time with my team, friends, and of course: Wookie!

 

I was really nervous about today, though. For my plan to work out, everything had to be perfect. I told Wookie to tell D.O to call me ... where the hell is this kid!?

 

‘Nareul mukko gadoon damyeon sarangdo mukkin chae, Miraedo mukkin chae keojil su eopneunde, Ja yuropgae biweonohgo barabwa, Ojik neoman chae ulgae neoman gadeuk chaeulgae’

 

[A/N: Yes, dear readers, it is SHINee's Lucifer]

 

My ringtone started ringing.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Yo, K! You said you wanted to talk.”

 

“Yo, D.O! And yeah, I do.”

 

“What about?”

 

“Okay, so Wookie told you two to go with him to the game, right?”

 

“Yeah, he did.”

 

“Are you two gunna go?”

 

“Obviously!! You can’t just miss the first football game of the season!”

 

“Haha, good. Look, while you’re there, I need you to do me a favor.”

 

“Sure ... but what is it?”

 

“During halftime, I make my annual speech as captain, right?”

 

“Of course! It’s the school’s tradition!”

 

“Well after, I’m going to ask Wookie to date me.”

 

“Yahhh! I knew you liked him!! But do you even have permission to do that?”

 

“Yeah, yeah whatever you say. I already asked Coach Kropa and the principal. They were actually quite glad to accept. Anyways, I need you to direct him to a certain sport during halftime. I’m going to mark it later on.”

 

“Okay... where?”

 

“It’s on the ground level of the bleachers, smack-dab in the middle. There’s gunna be a ‘W’ written out in green tape. You’ll see its location during the Pep-Rally.”

 

“You got it, K.”

 

“Oh! And don’t tell Kibum. He’ll just end up telling Wookie and ruin it. That’s why I told you.”

 

“Jeez, I feel SOO honored,” he said sarcastically.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Alright, alright! Anything else?”

 

“Yeah. Kai wants you to meet him at his locker. ”

 

“WHA –”

 

I hung up before he could finish his question. Jeez, I’m friggin nervous. I’ve never been this nervous in my life!

 

--------------

 

“And now, your 2012-2013 Senior Captain and varsity quarterback of your NYHS Gladiators, Kyuhyun Cho!”

 

I ran onto the platform towards the podium and I waved to the hundreds of people in the bleachers shouting and whistling my name. I looked for Wookie in the stands and I saw him with Key and D.O. He was looking at me, a proud, but slightly confused and another look I couldn’t decipher, look on his face.

 

“Hey, what’s up guys!?” I yelled into the microphone.

 

More whistles and cheers, mostly from my team who was in the stands.

 

“Well, I’m Kyuhyun, your Senior Captain and varsity quarterback! Sadly, it’s my last year here at NYHS but I’ve got to say, it’s been an AMAZING 4 years. That goes especially for our sports programs! Both girls and boys soccer are undefeated so far, our lacrosse team is prepping for ANOTHER undefeated season in the winter, and last but never least, my boys, my team, YOUR NYHS Gladiators have been the reigning State Champions for the past 3 years. I am also very proud to be able to say that I was able to lead my team to victory all three years. Now, our first step to another championship starts tonight, here at Gladiator stadium, versus St. John’s Preparatory at 7. It’d be really cool if you all came, especially you, Wookie.” I pointed to him in the stands.

 

A lot of people looked at him and started making cat calls and whistles, emphasizing a certain relationship to have been going on between the two of us. He laughed shyly and blushed in embarrassment.

 

“Haha, well that’s all I’ve got to say! Let’s have a great year and an amazing season!!”

 

An uproar of cheering and whistles came from the crowd. Lots of people were chanting my name, “Cho, Cho, Cho!” and I couldn't help but feel like I was on top of the world.

 

But I felt like there was something missing. After a few minutes of contemplating, I figured out what it was:

 

Ryeowookie.

 

I looked for him as I was getting off the stage and that same look on his face. I wanted him so much and it was killing me. Of course, I would have him very soon, since I was going to ask him out tonight during my senior-captain halftime speech.

 

 

Hopefully, he will say yes.

 


Hey guuys! Well here it is, the 3rd chapter of many! I'm telling you this right now, there will be no such angst in this fic, ahahahaa xD. Why? Cuz this is my first chaptered fic and I don't wanna put angst. OTL.

 

~~Okay so you see that picture^^? LOOK AT HOW WOOKIE LOOKS AT KYU IN THE END!!!!!! YAAAHHHH~~~ KYUWOOK, FTW!

Comment/subscribe :D!!