What I Am

The Athlete and the Nerdy Foreigner

 

*Kyuhyun POV*

Another siren alarm rang, signaling the end of the game. Cheers and whistles from the audience proved that they were happy with the 42-6 win. I quickly glanced in the stands and saw Ryeowook going down the bleachers with Key and D.O in front of him. He looked up and caught my eye. We both blushed momentarily and I signaled him to come and talk to me. A big smile grew on his face as he bounded down the bleachers, pushing our friends out the way. He met me at the gate, leaping into my arms and kissing my cheek.

“Good game, Kyuhyunnie!”

“Aww, thanks, baby.”

“So what did you call me down for?”

“Wanna sleepover tonight and watch a movie? It /is/ Movie Friday, Wookie. And I’m pretty sure it’s your turn to pick the movie this week…”

“I’d have to ask my parents...”

“Already did,” I said with a smirk.

“Jinjja? And what did they say?”

“They were fine with it. As long as it’s just us, there’s no alcohol, we stay in my apartment the whole night, and to ‘use protection.’ But we are definitely NOT doing that tonight. I think they completely forgot that the whole concept of ‘Movie Friday’ is to stay in, eat popcorn, and watch a good movie.”

“H-Hehe, yeah, they can be really blunt at times…” he said, blushing furiously.

“So you are going to come over, right?”

“O-Of course, Kyu.” I picked him up and twirled him around in circles, making him giggle.

“Good! Consider it our first ‘date.’” I said with a smirk, making him a turn a bright red, “Go home now! It’s kinda late and you need to pack your stuff. I can’t walk you home so I’ll just pick you up at 10:30, arasso? And don’t take too long trying to pick a pair of pajamas!”

“Okay, go now. Your coach is probably looking for you.”

“Oh. Right. See you later, baby.”

I gave him a peck on the cheek and jogged over to the locker room. I was so happy Wookie was mine (AND ONLY MINE) now. Life seriously couldn’t get any better at this point. I changed into sweats and a T-shirt then started walking home. It was 9:45, meaning I only had 45 minutes to shower, shave, dress, and take out all the movies.

(At Kyuhyun’s apartment) I stripped myself of my sweaty clothes and stepped into the shower. I had to make sure I didn’t smell because I know me and Wook would be cuddling later. I did NOT want to smell like at a time like that. I was also very sore, as I always am after the first game. As least I get to spend quality time with my boyfriend. That’s all that really matters right now, to be honest. Hopefully I would get to spend the weekend with him too… maybe even take him shopping in the city. Wookie loves shopping almost as much as he loves cooking. I let the shampoo and soap run off my body and I stepped out of the shower, drying myself off.

I put on another pair of sweatpants and another T-shirt before leaving and walking literally 20 steps to Wookie’s from door. I knocked on the door and it flew open 10 seconds later. Thank Shisus it opened into the inside or I would have been a dead man.

“Annyeonghaseyo, eomonim.”

“Annyeong, Kyu! You know, there’s no need to be so formal now… You can just call me ‘umma,’ arasso?”

“Arasso, umma.”

“So, I see everything went /well/ tonight?”

“Neh, umma.”

“Hehe, you should’ve seen his face when he got home! He was all red and cute. Aigoo~~.”

“I’m glad to hear that he’s happy to be with me.”

“He really does like you. When you’re not around, all he ever friggin’ talks about is you! …….. Aish, where is this kid?”

“Aniyo, I can wait, umma. He’s probably just stuck on which pajamas he should bring ………… again.”

“He always is. Just let me go check on him for a while?”

“Of course.” And she left, only to come back a few minutes later, with a shy Ryeowook slowly (BUT SURELY) trailing behind her.

“Yes, he was still deciding which ones to wear…BUT, we have fixed his predicament and he’ll be out in a few seco – Ah! Here he is! Hurry up, Wookie! He’s been waiting, ya know!”

“Mianhae, Kyu.”

“Aniyo, it’s okay, sweetie. Let’s go?”

“Yeah, let’s go! Annyeong, umma! See you tomorrow night!”

I hugged him and gave him a kiss on his head before walking down to my apartment. I untwined our fingers to unlock the door and we walked in. Wookie dumped his clothes in my room and headed straight for the kitchen, me trailing along, confused.

“Wookie, what are you doing?”

“Making cookies, obviously!”

“Ooh! Can I help!?”

“Yah! No one touches my cookies before they’re done!”

“Why not?”

“’Cuz you’ll ruin the recipe due to your lack in cooking skills!”

“At least let me watch!”

“Nope~. You’ll distract me.”

“Hmph. Fine. But I get to pick the movie!”

“……… fine ………….”

I yelled in victory and proceeded to quickly kiss him on the lips before victoriously pounding my fist in the air as I walked into the living room.

“What movie do you wanna watch?” I yelled to the kitchen.

“I thought you wanted to pick it?”

“But I can’t decide!! I’ll just let you have everything tonight, I guess…”

“YAAAAY! But if I pick the movie, you can’t protest! Promise?”

*sigh* “….fine.”

Wookie dashed into the living room. He walked over to the DVD stand and picked out a peculiar movie. He gave it to me and ran back into the kitchen before I could even start to protest. It was The Vow.

Not this again! I swear I have never used so many goddamn tissue boxes in my life! They weren’t even for me! I swear I have never seen a boy cry so much over a sappy love story .. like Shisus Christ! The part that killed him was when the car crash happened and the girl forgot who her husband was, and he was in love with her. The guy was literally crying his eyes out and I could say the same for Wookie. My shirt was soaked by the end of the night and I used up 4 NEW tissue boxes. It was unbearable to have to be the strong one out of the two of us. The movie’s plot was starting to break my own resolve. You know? When the girl forgot that she and her husband were married but remembered her horrible ex-boyfriend … I felt a little insecure.

After so many friggin weeks of casually playing off just being “friends”, pretending it didn’t kill me inside, and now FINALLY having him, I was really scared to lose him. What if that same thing happened to me? Dear god, I’m not sure what I would do with my life. I’ve only known the kid for 4 weeks and I already can’t live without him. What would happen if he forgot about me? I probably would lose my mind.

The smell of freshly-baked cookies wafted throughout my small apartment and I smiled. Wookie came in, the plate of cookies in his hand.

“I-I hope you liked my choice…”

“I’m fine with whatever you pick, baby.”

“Good.”

“Your cookies look delicious!”

“Of course! That’s because they /are/ delicious! Is the movie ready?”

“Yeah, I put it in like 10 minutes ago.”

“Yay! Let’s watch!”

I just chuckled in response and sat down on my comfy couch, with Wookie trailing behind me. He placed the plate onto the coffee table in front of me and I opened my arms. He smiled and gladly cuddled with me, both of us loving the warm heat radiating from each other’s body.

And the night went exactly as I described. Wookie used up 4 boxes of tissues and my t-shirt ended up soaking wet. But it’s not like I didn’t love it. Wookie would cry into my arms and grab my shirt. After the movie and tears ended, we would go to my room, and cuddle under the bed sheets. He would fall asleep in my arms and I would brush away any remaining tears that dare to stain such a beautiful face. He would subconsciously smile warmly and snuggle closer to me. Tomorrow we’ll wake up, and a new, love-filled, chapter in our lives will begin.

 

Just another helpless fool in love is what I am.

 


OTL, kinda short, kinda confusing, I know.

I'm really sorry that I hardly update, guise DX. Its just that a new school semester just started and we're at that point where teachers flood us with homework and back-to-school sh*t. ugh OTL. I can't even. I'm updating over the weekend though!!! 

 

Comment/Subscribe :D