Stupid Cardigans

The Athlete and the Nerdy Foreigner

 

*Kyuhyun POV*

“Do I seriously /have/ to wear that tonight?” I whined.

“Yes! Why not, Kyu?”

“I don’t /wanna/, Wookie...”

“Yeah, well ... to . Put it on ~~!” he turned his aegyo on full force.

I huffed out air and let out a defeated sigh. There was no winning against Kim Ryeowook’s aegyo. I took the navy cardigan and chuckled to myself, thinking about the past hour or so of bickering.

 

Flashback

“Kyu~! I’m ready!”

Wookie walked into the apartment with the spare key I gave him. I turned around from my seat on the couch to look at Wookie’s outfit.

Cute.

He was wearing an orange cardigan with a dark jeans and a navy polo. It looked nice on him...

“Hey ... you’re back.” I got up from my seat and opened my arms to embrace him.

“Hey,” he placed a bag on the counter and opened his arms for me, “I got you something, by the way!”

As I hugged him, I glanced at the bag and giggled, that giggling soon turning into fits of laughter.

“Whaat~?” Wookie asked, confused.

“Wook, I didn’t know you shopped ... /th-there/!” I said, dying of laughter.

He looked at the bag and groaned. He turned away from it, still groaning, and hit his forehead against my chest.

“Seriously, umma!? You had to pack in /that/ bag?” he groaned, repeatedly hitting his head on my chest.

“Hehe, Wook, stop my chest hurts now!” I said, shifting my gaze to him.

“Ugh, she /would/ pack it in that bag ... I mean, is that the only old shopping bag we have, umma!?” he said, yelling at the ceiling.

I shifted my gaze back to the bag. I /tried/ to stifle my laughter but I just ended up in a second round of laughing-fits.

“Yah!! Cho Kyuhyun!!”

“S-Sorr~y!” I managed to say, still dying of laughter.

“You’re such a bully...” he said pouting.

“Well it’s not every day your boyfriend comes home with a Victoria’s secret shopping bag… OMO! I wonder what will happen tonight!” I teased.

“Ugh, you’re so annoying!” he pushed me away and went to go retrieve the bag.

I gasped.

“Take it back!”

“I will if you wear this on our date ~~!”

He smirked mischievously and pulled out another cardigan. It was the same as his ...... but it was in navy.

He wanted us to wear ......... couple clothes!?

“Jinjja ...” I complained.

“Seriously.”

“...”

“Preferably with dark jeans and a white polo or dress-shirt, which I /know/ you own!”

End of Flashback

 

And that is how I ended up like this.

In my closet, shirtless, searching for a nice white shirt.

Found it.

After getting dressed up, I walked out of my room to find Wookie watching a Korean variety show. I observed him from afar, the longing in his eyes not going unnoticed.

“Do you want to go back?”

“... I don’t know...”

“Why?”

“I love being here. I love being with you ... D.O, and Key. But I miss all of my friends in Korea...”

I embraced him and moved him to sit on my lap, his back flush against my chest.

“Aw, baby... I don’t want to see you get all sad...”

“I’m not sad. I’m just ... nostalgic.”

“But yet you don’t want to go back because of ...” I trailed off my sentence, know that mentioning /his/ name would ruin the most-anticipated night ahead of us.

I felt him stiffen and nod shyly, obviously pained by the memories.

“It’s okay, Wookie. I love you and I will protect you, okay? I will never let anyone hurt you, got that?”

He turned to look at me and gave me a slightly more noticeable nod, a smile slowly growing on his face.

“If anyone tries to hurt you, tell me and I’ll them up. You just tell me, okay?”

“O-Okay, Kyu. I love you.”

“Love you too, babe.”

We sat like that for about a half an hour, just making small talk and allowing ourselves to succumb to a peaceful silence. I started singing slowly and softly...

Baby, I'm here, I'm here to stay

I ain't going nowhere

I know you're scared ‘ cause you've been hurt

Baby, it's alright

Lost in your eyes every time that you look in mine

Promise to be all that you need

I won't leave you, baby

No, cause I just wanna love you

I would never ever put nobody up above you

I just wanna kiss you baby, I just wanna hug you till the end, baby till the end...

-----

deoneun mangseoliji ma jebal (Don’t wait anymore please)

nae simjangeul geodoo-eoga (Take my heart instead)

geurae nalkaro-ulsurog chohwa (Yes, it is good as it is sharp)

dalbitjochado nooneul gameun bam (Even the moon closed its eyes this night)

 

na anin dareun namja-yeotdamyeon (If I were a different man)

huegeuk an-eue han gujeol-ieotdeo-ramyeon (And if I had a passage in a comedy)

neoye geu saramgua baggun sangcheo modu taewuobeoryeo (I would set fire to all the changed wounds that you and he made)

 

Baby don’t cry, tonight

eodumi geodhigo namyeon (After the darkness has lifted)

Baby don’t cry, tonight

eobseotdeon il-i dwell geoya (It’ll be like nothing ever happened)

 

moolgeo-poom-i dueneun geoseun niga aniya, (You will never become a bubble,)

ggeutnae molla ya hae deon (In the end you don’t have to know)

 

So baby don’t cry, cry

nae sarangi neol jikilteni (For my love will protect you.)

.............

 

I felt Wookie’s body go limp as he took a short nap. I looked at the clock – 6:15. I thought that we should be going soon but I quickly shook that thought from my head.

Our date can wait ........

 

 

For now, Kim Ryeowook was my first priority.


Hi, so I'm baaaaack! I'm not updating "A Little Piece of Heaven" until Saturday, Dec 15 because I lost it on my computer so I have to re-write the 2 chapters I had T-T. BUT you can still subscribe :D! I hope you guys haven't given up on this fic & ALPH yet because that was a really long hiatus for me... I'll be updating this every saturday from now on! Yaaaaay! my birthday is tomorrow (Dec. 10)! DOUBLE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!