Determination and Hidden Messages

The Athlete and the Nerdy Foreigner

 

*Kyuhyun POV* - After school, before the 1st football game of the season

I sipped my coffee, contemplating my thoughts. It has been almost a month

Being Ryeowook’s best friend, I knew all there was to know about the cute, adorable boy. I knew his favorite color was purple. I know his favorite animal is the giraffe because he thinks they’re cute. I know his favorite bubble tea flavors are strawberry and mango. I know he likes his bubble tea really sweet with tapioca. He has it at least once every week. His favorite Korean dish is bulgogi. His favorite American dish is spaghetti with marinara and meat sauce. I know his favorite song to sing is “Up” by Justin Bieber because he says it has cute lyrics and he’s Justin Bieber’s fanboy. I know what he wears to sleep. I knew which Korean dramas made him cry and which ones made him laugh that adorable laugh of his. I knew which shirts and pants he liked to wear the most. I knew he had a slight phobia of the dark. I knew he was an only child. He told me that he liked being an only child because he got everything he wanted.

I knew everything you had to know about Kim Ryeowook.

How to make him smile his dazzling smile. How to make him cry, how to make him laugh. How to hug him, assuring him you were there to protect him. How to make him blush. I knew all of his happy and sad memories.

And of course, I know all about his past lovers.

I knew that none of them ended happily and that was one of the minor reasons he moved here. Because of those disappointments, Wookie would probably let anyone he was close to now out of his high-security “friend-zone.” He just couldn’t deem any of them trustworthy of owning his fragile heart.

That is why I am determined.

Determined to pour every drop of love I have into our relationship. Determined to prove my baby wrong, and that relationships do last – with the right person, me.

That’s why I am here, alone, sitting in a coffee shop across the street from our apartment complex, awaiting the arrival of Wookie’s parents. I want to make sure it was okay with them that I dated Wookie. It was already 4:45 and the game was at 7.  I needed to be at the field at 6:00 to warm up. I didn’t have a lot of time to do this.

I finally saw them and I waved, smiling brightly. The pair smiled back and I got up to bow.

“Annyeonghaseyo, umma and appa.”

“Annyeong, Kyu!”

“Please, sit,” and I gestured for them to take a seat in the chairs in front of me.

“What did you want to talk about so privately?” Kim-umma said.

“I wanted to talk about Wookie, umma.”

“What about him?”

“I want to ask for your permission to date him. Before you answer my question, umma, I want to say a few things.”

She hesitantly nodded. Both of Wookie’s parents were aware of Wookie’s past relationships and were very, very protective. When Wookie introduced them to me, I felt like I was going to die. If looks could kill, their death glare would’ve killed me ten times over. But they soon warmed up to me when they saw how polite and respectful I was toward them and to Wookie, especially. I gathered my courage and spoke,

“I want you to know that I love your son with every fiber of my being. He is the most perfect person I know and I would never do anything to harm him. I would never force him to do anything he doesn’t want to do. I will make sure tears of grief and sadness never escape his beautiful eyes. I can tell you for a fact that my love for him is sincere and deep. Since the day I’ve met him, I haven’t stopped thinking about him. I want you and your husband to know that I’ll treat him better than anyone has ever treated him before. If you give me the chance, I will love him more than anyone has loved him. I promise to do so, umma. I promise.”

It took me a few seconds to realize that she was crying … and smiling? Suddenly, she got up and embraced me.

“O-Of course. I give you mine and my husband’s blessing to do so.”

“Thank you so much, umma. I promise that I will not let you or Wookie down.”

Kim-appa got up and patted my back, a stern of protection look on his face,

“You very well promise. He needs someone like you….”

 

*Ryeowook POV*

Wookie Evil Maknae ♥:

We’re by the gate. Care to let us in? >:(

Evil Maknae ➙ ♥Tiny Hyung♥:

Of course. Just hold on. :3

Wookie Evil Maknae ♥:

Well palli, palli! It’s cold! >.<

 

It really was cold. I had to wear a sweatshirt, Kyuhyun’s football hoodie, under his football jersey to keep myself from freezing to death. I didn’t really mind though. Both of the clothes smelled like Kyuhyun and I loved it. It was like he was hugging me 24-7 when I wore his clothes and I loved when he hugged me. There was also something vaguely intimate about wearing his clothes…

I snapped out of my thoughts when D.O yelped. I assumed Key hit him and was yelling at him. I was right. Something about sneaking into the boys’ locker room or some other crap. I ignored then and I suddenly noticed a tall figure jogging toward us ... in football padding and uniform. I realized it was Kyuhyun, his white #88 shining in the dark, cold atmosphere. When he got closer and started casually walking, I took in his appearance.

He looked very nice his football uniform. The padding made his shoulders and chest look quite appealing, I must say. And his arms, which were slightly shining in sweat, looked very inviting. He was holding his green helmet with one hand and his face, like his arms, was lightly coated in sweat. Cho Kyuhyun was a very handsome man.

He finally reached us and took out a set of keys.

“Um, ING FINALLY, Cho! What the hell took you so goddamn long?!” Key yelled, his inner diva showing.

“Shisus, calm down! I was talking with my coach! Jeez...”

“Well you better hurry the up or we won’t get good seats, you moron!!”

“Aish … I saved you three seats!” He unlocked the gate and let us in, only to lock it again when we were all inside.

“Oh. Okay, whatever.”

What a drama queen!!

“Hmph. Okay. So I need you and D.O to go sit. I have to talk to Wookie, privately.”

“About what?” the other two quickly asked.

“Oh nothing. BYE!” and Kyu pushed them away. Key and D.O walked away, mumbling about stupid dongsaengs who don’t care about their hyungs. We silently walked to a random part behind the bleachers and he stopped when he felt we were alone. He then proceeded to embrace me in a very tight, yet warm and comforting, hug. After a few minutes, he released me, still holding onto my waist, and said,

“Ahh, finally alone. I love the peace and quiet!”

“H-hehe, y-yeah … listen, Kyu, what’s all of this about?”

“What do you mean?”

“Asking me to wear your jersey, giving me your sweatshirts, all these intimate touches … why?”

He sighed, “For now, I can only tell you that you’re mine. Now go find Key and D.O and sit with them. During halftime, D.O will you to a spot so you can watch me during my speech, arasso? Don’t protest, just do it, /my/ little bunny.”

He then leaned down to kiss my cheek. I blushed furiously and he bid me goodbye, saying it was almost game time and that his coach was probably looking for him,

“Wish me luck.”

With that statement, he jogged away and left behind a flustered and red-as- Kim Ryeowook.


Hey guys!! I've missed you all!!!!

I know, it's a short chapter. BUT I just had to update cuz I know that you guys were aching for another chappie. So heere it is!

I'm sowwy for not updating quickly .___. , my halmoni passed away so I'm very sad :'3

BUT I'M BACK!

Updating the next chappie sooooooooon (:

 

Comment/subscribe!!!!!!!!!