Chapter 9

My Baby's Daddy

''Why did you leave without finishing your work here? You're the one who's responsible for this Nichkhun, I might take an action for this, irresponsible employee!'' Nichkhun's boss reproved him through a very early phone call, he left his unfinished paper works in L.A just to see Victoria but all he saw was a heart wrenching scene from her bestfriend and an unfamiliar guy who looked so sweet, a picture perfect of a happy family, who he never wanted before but changed everything after realizing his feelings for Victoria, he suddenly wanted a family with no other than his bestfriend but how could he fulfill that dream if V has a family of her own now. Khun got nothing in Korea but a heart ache. He got up from his bed, pissed and directionless. What should he do now? Go back to L.A and start a new life there? Maybe find a woman who's more worthy than Victoria? He shrugged and shook off all the thoughts that were entering his mind. He couldn't comprehend how things happened so fast, Victoria with another guy? pregnant? Nichkhun rubbed his temple for his head ache was unbearable, he cried himself to sleep because of what he saw and what Victoria had said, it was an unusual thing for a guy to do but he did, his heart got torn and ripped badly. Nichkhun decided to go home and see his parents, it had been months since he last saw his family.

''Mommy Vera, I'm home!'' Khun wore his happy mask just to avoid being asked by his parents.

Mrs. Horvejkul was sitting on their garden, t her over grown plants. She turned to her side and saw her son smiling towards her direction, she noticed that her son have lost some weight. Mrs. Vera went immediately to Nichkhun and embraced her very tight. After exchanging hugs and kisses, Mrs. Vera asked Nichkhun what made him go home without telling them ahead of time.

''I just missed you mom, anyway where is dad?'' Nichkhun tried to changed their topic but his mom was wise enough to know why.

''Is it because of Victoria? So are you going to pursue her this time?'' Mrs. Vera grinned at her son and waited for an answer but Khun sighed and dropped his shoulders. Khun didn't want to tell her mom about Victoria but he never kept a secret from his mom escpecially about girls that came and go from his life. Nichkhun held his mom's shoulders and led her to sit on their couch.

''It was'' Khun said.

''Was? why?''

''She has someone right now'' Khun said tearing up

''Who?'' Mrs. Vera felt the pain that her son was feeling as well.

''An officemate I guess? I didn't ask any further, I didn't go into details, after I found out, I just left.''

''I was very surprised mom'' Khun simply added.

''Why were you surprised son? Haven't you contacted each other, I mean you have your each other's phone number right, what about email?'' Mrs. Vera was starting to stutter.

''I accidentally lost communication with her mom, I really wanted to get in touch with her but things screwed up and she found someone else.'' Nichkhun got up and proceeded to their kitchen and drank a glass of water, his throat dried by narrating every single detail to his mom. Nichkhun's eyes were swollen, he started to sob and leaned his head on their glass table. Mrs. Vera hushed Nichkhun and gave him some advice.

''You know what Khun, why don't you try to explain her your side? maybe Victoria is just confused and she gave her attention to someone who she doesn't love, you still can fix things son.'' Mrs. Vera sat on Khun's side patting her son's back.

''Victoria is pregnant mom and I have no plan to ruin the baby's family.'' Khun broke down facing his mom with a vulnerable face.

''What?'' Mrs. Vera couldn't believe what she heard, the reason why Victoria didn't show up to their house was because she was pregnant, Victoria didn't share any of these to her.

Nichkhun only nodded his head.

Mrs. Vera didn't ask anything from Khun she just shifted their topic.

''Your dad is on a business trip, he'll be back next week.'' Mrs. Vera smiled to Nichkhun.

After discussing things to his mom, he left right away.

Nichkhun decided to stay 2 more days in Korea. He called to his boss and ask for an approval, and assured him that he would take care of his unfinished business in L.A.

Nichkhun dined in to a restaurant near his hotel, he really had no appetite to eat but he had to. The scene kept on replaying in his mind, he tried to shift his attention with other things but he couldn't. Victoria on the other hand was stalking Nichkhun the whole day, she stayed outside the hotel for hours just to wait for Khun to go out. She had everything in mind, Victoria got plans. She reached for her handphone and dialled Kyuhyun's number.

''Hello Kyuhyun, I'm outside Serendipity Resto hurry and let's eat dinner here, let's make our plans work.'' Victoria grinned

'Kyuhyun knew why Victoria wanted to dine-in into that restaurant and he also knew Victoria had been stalking Nichkhun since the incident. He obliged and hurriedly went to meet Victoria.

''I'm sorry, did you wait so long?'' Kyuhyun asked Victoria who was sitting on a bench just a few steps away from the restaurant.

''No, I'm alright'' Victoria lied even if she waited so long, long enough to give birth.

''Now let's get inside'' Kyuhyun said and offered his left arm to Victoria. for her to grab or hold on to.

''Okay, let's sit near Nichkhun.'' Vic said holding Kyuhyun's arm tightly. Their evil scheme started.

The two pretended they didn't notice Nichkhun, they had the table reserved for the both of them. The waiter guided them onto their seats.

''Table for two Maam'' The waiter smiled at Victoria and went to the side table.

Nichkhun on the other hand was like bursting in jealousy and anger. Why on earth were they in the same restaurant? Khun pretended he didn't notice Victoria and Kyuhyun. He was just reading the magazine he bought, pretending not to care.

''What do you want to eat honey?'' Kyuhyun asked Vic. Victoria noticed the sudden change of Nichkhun's feature from soft it changed into someone who wants to eat someone who would go on his way.

''Make sure it is safe for our baby.'' Kyuhyun played it realistically as if he was enjoying the whole make-believe scene. Kyuhyun rubbed Vic's tummy, Victoria then slightly moved Kyu's hand away. Victoria had no feelings for Kyuhyun, she made sure Kyuhyun knows it. She pretended to smile and held the menu near her face.

Nichkhun was aware with what was happening in his surroundings. He played it cooly, as if he was not affected. Kyuhyun and Victoria enjoyed their meal, they were happily munching their food, Kyuhyun was trying to give Victoria a spoonful of food but again she neglected it, Vic wanted Kyuhyun to know on where his boundaries are. Nichkhun heard every sweet and flowery words Victoria and Kyuhyun have said to each other. He was not enjoying his food anymore, he wanted to go but something was refraining him to do so. Khun wanted to stay, he wanted to remember his bestfriend's face before he go back to L.A, he missed Victoria so much, as much as he wanted to kiss and hug Vic he couldn't do it anymore. Nichkhun noticed Kyuhyun was leaving, seemed like he was going straight to the washroom. Victoria wanted to go with Kyuhyun for she was afraid Khun would approach her and attack her with words again but Kyu assured her that that wouldn't happen.

Victoria was happily rubbing her stomach. Khun was amazed with what he was seeing V was talking to the unborn baby inside her, he stared at Vic and her bump for a while, something inside him was telling him to go to Vic and touch the baby bump as well but again he shook off that thought. While Kyuhyun was gone for a while, Victoria felt a tingling sensation on her belly, she got up slowly and reached for her hand bag which was placed on the other side of the table she wanted to go the toilet to pee, but she suddenly lost her balance and tripped her foot on the chair stand. Nichkhun saw what happened to Vic, without thinking twice he hastily ran beside Vic. Victoria got shocked and eyed Nichkhun who was very worried, Khun carried Vic and placed her on his lap.

''Are you okay?'' Nichkhun asked worriedly.

''Ye.. yes'' Vic still couldn't find a word to say. She loved the person infront of her, who was carrying her, the father of her baby.

Nichkhun wiped Vic's forehead, without any hesitation Nichkhun touched Victoria's baby bump. Victoria wanted to cry, she had never felt happiness like this before, she watched Khun's hand glided all over her stomach. She was very happy, really happy.. but then Kyuhyun saw the whole scene, he immediately went to Vic.

''How dare you cuddle my wife! and who told you to touch her stomach! That baby is mine, you fool!'' Kyuhyun grabbed Nichkhun by his colar and punched him on the face. Nichkhun dropped on the floor, helpless. Vic wanted to help Khun but her whole world went blank.

Continuation soon :)