Chapter 10

My Baby's Daddy

Victoria was awakened by the noise coming from her mom who was busy talking to someone on her hand phone, she tried calling her mom who was just sitting beside her hospital bed but she got no response. Mrs. Song ran frantic when she got a phone call from Nichkhun in the middle of her self-pampering.

‘’Hello Mrs. Song’’

She couldn't hear the caller's voice properly because of the noise coming from the hair blower.

‘’Nichkhun? Khun? Is this you? ’’

‘’Yes Mrs. Song, I called to say that Victoria fainted just a couple of minutes ago, her boyfriend brought Victoria to the nearest hospital, I just wanted to make sure she’s okay, I can’t contact her either so I thought I should call you first to know her state.’’

‘’What? Where are you Khun? I don’t know where Victoria is. Why you were not the one who brought Victoria to the hospital and who’s the boyfriend you are talking about?’’ Mrs. Song wasn’t sure if she heard everything right but she ended the call right away and dialed Victoria’s phone number.

Tooooot tooooot Victoria’s mom waited for Vic to pick up her phone but it took a couple of re-dials until someone answered.

‘’Victoria, Hello where are you?  Nichkhun told me you fainted, what happened?’’

Mrs. Song heard a guy’s voice on the other end of the line.

‘’Hello ma’am, I suppose you are Victoria’s mom’’

‘’Yes I am and who is this please? Why do you have my daughter’s phone, where is she?’’

Kyuhyun couldn’t continue, what would he address himself for Victoria, what was he exactly in Victoria’s life?

‘’I.. I am her boyfriend Ma’am’’

‘’What did you just say? Boyfriend? Victoria haven’t talked about you, where are you guys exactly right now?’’

‘’I will explain everything to you later Mrs. Song, I brought Victoria to St. Mary’s Hospital just a few blocks to her office,  if you won’t mind I’ll go ahead, I still need to settle the payment, Victoria will be discharged later, thank you ma’am.’’

And then the line went dead, Victoria’s mom went immediately to the said hospital.

/On the line/

''Yes, Victoria is fine and now resting on her bed, she'll be out later we are just waiting for her doctor to arrive, Yes of course you can see her, drop at our house later and then we'll talk...... Okay Khun, be careful! I'll hang up now, bye.''

''Mom..'' Vic tugged her mom's dress so that she'd be noticed.

Mrs. Song looked back and saw Victoria trying to get up, she then used her both arms, pinning Vic on the hospital bed, refraining her from raising up.

''Oh God Victoria! you're awake! tell me what happened and who is this Kyuhyun, assuming to be your boyfriend?''

''Mom, I really want you to hear everything from me but I am too tired and I want to take some rest.'' Vic laid down again, rubbing her now visible baby bump, thinking about Nichkhun who was left injured due to Kyuhyun's punch because of his raging jealousy which really, he had no right with Victoria and the baby.

''Kyuhyun is just my friend.'' Vic snorted.

''By the way mom, is my baby okay? What did the doctor say? Will I be discharged today?''

''There you go, you wanted to rest yet you fired me with questions, take a rest we'll talk later at home, your baby is fine.''

While Victoria was dozing off to sleep, Kyuhyun came inside the room carrying a fruit basket on his left hand and the other was a boquet of flowers. Mrs. Song saw Kyuhyun coming near her and immediately bowed his head.

''Hello ma'am, I am Cho Kyuhyun, Victoria's..''

''friend!'' Victoria who couldn't brought herself to sleep, interrupted and cut Kyuhyun's attempt to again, address himself as her boyfriend.

''Ah yes, yes we're officemates ma'am''

''Are these mine?'' Mrs. Song pointed at the stuffs Kyuhyun brought to somehow ease the tension. Kyuhyun chuckled at placed the basket on the bedside table.

''I should've brought you flowers too Mrs. Song.'' Kyuhyun laughed and sat on the edge of Victoria's bed.

''How are you? Is everything fine now?'' Kyuhyun looked at Victoria with pleading eyes, he knew he had no right to interfere with Victoria and Nichkhun's lives, he had to intentions to actually hurt Nichkhun but things happened in a jiffy, all that he remembered was Nichkhun lying on the floor, helpless. Kyuhyun knew Victoria had no feelings for him, it was just a one-sided love, he thought of how fool he was agreeing into something which in the first place he didn't like, Victoria made him a toy, but what could he do? He loved Victoria that he was willing to fight his so-called right for her and the baby. He actually had no rights.

Mrs. Song excused herself to go outside to grab some lunch. She knew Victoria and Kyuhyun had something to talk about.

''Victoria, I really didn't mean to hurt Nichkhun, I was just too angry seeing him cuddle you like that!'' Kyuhyun explained and raeched for Victoria's hands.

''Hurting Nichkhun wasn't part of the plan Kyu! and you have no right to act like a jealous jerk infront of him!'' Victoria was really mad, she wanted to punch Kyuhyun on his face for him and Khun to get even but she couldn't.

''Look Vic, I thought you wanted us to act like a loving couple infront of him, but what's this? It's like you are blaming me for everything that have happened between you and Nichkhun!'' Kyuhyun couldn't hold is anger as well, he was very angry at Nichkhun, angry because he couldn't received the love that Vic has for him.

''Yes, I know that! but you never should've hurt him, you could've shoved him away.'' Vic left out a sob and buried her face on her palms.

''Vic..'' Kyuhyun tried to hush her but she pushed his hand away.

''Kyu, please leave, we'll talk tomorrow.'' Kyuhyun wanted to punch the wall and scream his lungs out, he was very heartbroken, in despair and desperate, desperate to get Victoria's love. Kyuhyun nodded and got out in the room.

''I paid the bill'' Kyuhyun took one glance and walked away.

Victoria couldn't help but laugh while wiping her tears, it wasn't a funny statement for it was the truth, Kyuhyun paid everything, she thought of giving Kyuhyun a call before she sleeps.

--

''You and your baby is fine, I heard you tripped your foot on the chair stand, be careful on your movements Victoria, always look at the way you are walking, this is the crucial part of your pregnancy and I expect you to be extra careful, it would be nice if you can tag along your husband next time, but as I can see he's not aroud so I'm giving Mrs. Song these prescriptions and guidelines, please follow your mom Victoria, can you?'' Doctor Han smiled.

''Yes I will Doctor Han.'' Victoria responded a smile.

Mrs. Song knew how things happened the day Victoria was brought to the hospital. Nichkhun was there, Victoria and Kyuhyun were also there. Victoria plotted every bits and pieces yet ended up in the hospital bed.

''You're such a childish lady! I don't know if you can be a good mom with this baby.'' Mrs. Song rubbed Victoria's now 4months tummy.

''I know I can, with the help of mom, of course!'' Victoria grinned.

Their door bell rang several times, Mrs. Song who was still in the kitchen preparing the dish she will serve for her gues called her daughter. Victoria on the other hand was lying on the couch, feet raised up on the other end of the sofa.

''Victoria, open the gate please! be careful, you might trip again.'' Mrs. Song's loud voice could be hear on their living room.

Victoria lazily got up and fixed her really small shirt, her bump couldn't be covered as whole, since she got pregnant she got fond of wearing if not oversized, too small shirt.

''Yes mom!''

Victoria opened the gate and saw Nichkhun wearing his brightest smile.

''Hello Vic, can I come in?'' Khun started.

''O of course, please please come in, what made you come here?'' Victora responded covering her lower belly for it was really apparent.

''I asked your mom if I could come and she said yes, I just wanted to check on you, are you fine?''

Victoria noticed the bruise near Nichkhun's lower lip. She wanted to kiss it, to lessen the pain but she couldn't.

''Fine, I am perfectly fine, thanks for asking.'' Victoria faked a smile.

''Can we get inside now? It's really cold here, why are you wearing this kind of top? Khun tugged the hem of Victoria's shirt. Vic felt the whole zoo in her stomach.

''You must cover your bump and wear comfy dresses, you might get sick and the baby too!'' Khun talked to Victoria just like the old time, he wanted to broght back, atleast their friendship.

''About what happened earlier, I am very sorry Vic, it really was inappropriate for me to cuddle you like that, please extend my apology to your boyfriend.'' Vic saw the sincerity in Nichkhun's eyes, how she wished she had the courage to tell Nichkhun tha the baby was his and that Kyuhyun was just a friend.

''Oh, don't mind it, we both got carried away and in behalf of Kyuhyun I want to ask sorry.'' Victoria lied. Infact she liked what they did, she loved Khun's touch, but who was she to feel that way? She was just Nichkhun's bestfriend.

''It's okay, if I were him I would do the same thing.'' Both of them laughed and went inside.

'Mrs. Song noticed the arrival of Nichkhun she immediately went into the living room to greet Nichkhun.

''Nichkhun, my son! I missed you so so much.'' Mrs. Song hugged Khun as tight as she could but then Victoria broke it.

''Mom, Nichkhun is sure hungry, you can catch up later as long as we feed ourselves first.''

''Ah this child!'' Mrs. Song and Nickhun both laughed.

''How was L.A Khun?''

''Great, as usual Mrs. Song''

''Oh, have you met any pretty ladies there? I've heard majoriy of the world's pretty females are there.'' Mrs. Song chuckled and eyed Victoria.

''Is that so?'' Khun grinned.

''Mom! I told you, you can do that ''catching-up'' with each other later, we are all hungry.''

Victoria who was very fond of food butted in.

The three of them munched their food happily, Mrs. Song wanted to say on the spot that Nichkhun really was the baby's father but she had second thoughts and considered her daughter's feelings, It was better if Victoria tell it herself. Nichkhun and Victoria were not their usual selves, they were both in an awkward situation.

Mrs. Song noticed the dead and awkward dinner they had so it was time to make a plot.

''Khun, when do you plan to go back in L.A?'' Mrs. Song started.

''After 2 days probably, my boss is looking for me and I'm pretty sure I'm in a great trouble.''

''Ow is that so? If it's okay with you, I have a favor to ask, is that okay?'' Mrs. Song looked at Nichkhun intently looking for an answer.

''Anthing Mrs. Song''

''Can you take care of my Victoria for one day? can you?''

Victoria spat the rice she was munching. Why would she need a person who would look after her when she could take care of herself?

''Mom, I know you have something in mind.'' Victoria thought.

''What did you just say mom??''

''Can you Khun, can you?'' Mrs. Song ignored Victoria and waited for Nichkhun to answer.

''Yes, of course I can, if Victoria wants to.'' Nichkhun answered.

''Mom, I can take of myself''

''It's okay Khun you don't have to obliged.'' Victoria responded and gulped a half full glass of water.

''No, stop. Khun said yes and that's final.'' Mrs. Song threw Vic her ''warning'' look.

''Her dad wants me to come over, he have something to discuss with me about our business and I am really worried of you will take care of my baby girl, thank God you agreed, I really thought of you first Khun, I know you're the second person, besides me who understand the temper of Victoria.'' Mrs. Song was blabbing at Nichkhun while Victoria was finding of what would she make as an excuse.

''Kyuhyun will come over mom.''

''Nooo, noooo Kyuhyun has something important to do tomorrow right?'' Victoria kept quiet.

''Right Victoria?'' Mrs. Song gave Victoria a fake beaming smile.

Victoria nodded.

''So it's settled, you can come over here as early as you want Khun since I am leaving so early in the morning to catch my flight so, please take care of my daughter and the little one.''

Khun just nodded and hoped that he could last every seconds without being awkward towards his bestfriend.

--

An update! Thank you my lovely and awesome subscribers :)