Chapter 6

My Baby's Daddy

Nichkhun drove his car as fast his soul could go, who wouldn't do such thing if your passenger was as pale as paper. His hands were trembling and couldn't decide where he would take Vic. ''Hospital, Home? Hospital, Home?'' He never expected that a simple dinner he planned would turned out to be like this. Khun's stomach was growling, he had never eaten anything since morning and that he thought his dinner with Vic would vanished his hunger, being a workaholic that he is was definitely affecting his daily meal, he badly needed a partner in life that would take care of him, a wife or girlfriend would do but how could he find one if he himself had no time with his personal life?

He noticed that he was driving too fast, because of the nervousness he felt at the moment, Nichkhun lowered his pace, afraid that they would eventually end up on a road accident instead of taking Victoria on a place where she should be checked. He couldn't concentrate on the road for he was glancing at Vic moment by moment. Victoria winced a bit forcing her eyes to open, distress was visible on her face and she was struggling to straighten up her body.

''Khun'' was the only word Vic uttered and turned her face on the driver's side.

''Oh God Victoria, finally you're awake! goodness sake what happened to you?'' Khun, being an overly attached bestfriend couldn't help but to exaggerate his reaction he landed his palm on Vic's forehead.

''Should I be the one who would question you on what happened to me? The only thing I remember was I got angry at you and the I walked away and....''

Vic paused a moment. ''Oh damn it! I fainted?'' Khun nodded. Victoria gave herself a mental slap.

''Victoria, Victora the reason why you fainted is because you're pregnant, you are pregnant with Nichkhun's baby, How could you forget it?'' Victoria thought and again guilt was hovering all over her body.

''Stop the car''

''Why?'' Khun asked confused.

''I said stop the car, I'm starting to get dizzy again, let me smell fresh air Khun. Your car's air freshener is making me puke.'' Vic irritatedly unbuckled her seatbelt.

Khun didn't have time to protest, he parked the car on a cliff that was overlooking the town. Victoria immediately went out without waiting for Nichkhun to open the door for her. She sat on the road's railings with her hands gripping on it, they were silenced for a couple minutes and then Vic made the first move.

''Khun.. I.. I have something to tell you'' Victoria played the hem of her dress like she was finding the exact words to say.

''What is it? make sure it's important'' Khun gave Vic a grin.

''Oh please, just this time be serious? of course this is important, what I'm about to tell you right now.. might.. change your life.. my life.. our lives'' Victoria was trembling and thought she would faint again due to pure tense. Khun on the other hand was waiting for Vic to continue but a sudden phone call ruined their conversation.

-

''Victoria, I got a call from work, there's an emergency meeting and I'm badly needed, mind if I'll go ahead? Victoria felt like she was being poured by a cold water, she blinked several times to fought back the tears who were gathering from the corner of her eyes, seemed like there was big lump on that was refraining for her to talk, with that she just gave Khun a fake smile.

''Sure.. You can leave me here, I can take a cab, go now Khun'' Victoria took a small step away and left out a deep sigh.

''Not my best day.'' She said to herself tucking strands of hair.

''Wait, No you're not going home alone Victoria, I wont let you take a cab either and besides your hand bag is in my car.''

Victoria realized something, that she acted like an idiot just now how could she fearlessly said that she would just take a cab , when in fact her hand bad was still ni Nichkhun's car? Khun gripped Vic's wrist and slowly dragged her inside the car, eventhough it was against her will.

On their way home no one dared to utter a word, once again silence over took them. The awkward silence between them was very obvious on them that made Khun unconsciously talk.

''Gee, I've never heard silence quite this loud''

Victoria was just leaning her head on the car's glass window, still in her trance. Vic was tapping her slender fingers on the glass which made a bit of creaking sound. ''Childish!'' Khun noticed it and tickled Vic on her waist. She didn't care about Khun and the world around her at the moment and continued tapping the glass window. Khun tickled her again wanted to gain an attention from Vic but he failed, Victoria got annoyed by her actions and his playfulness which wasn't making her happy at all, she caught Khun's hand and put it aside. Moment later, they arrived at Vic's house. Khun was about to get off but Vic stopped him from doing so.

'' I will go inside now Khun, I'm sorry for ruining your night and for our dinner who has been a failure because of me.'' Victoria couldn't comprehend how this day which she thought would be a perfect day for her turned into no good. The day she thought would make her free and that everything would finally fall into places. Khun yanked the door open and went on Victoria's side and said.

''We will talk soon regarding the things that happened earlier'' Khun's voice was serious as if he just figured out something. Victoria only nodded and watched Khun drove away, a single tear, dropped from her eyes. 

''I hope you would accept this baby Khun''

--

Gosh! I think this story is definitely a cliche~ I will try to change some things to make this story a lil bit interesting. You find this story boring right? Haha there I go again, degrading my own self. Well then, I will improve my writing skills. Please wait for the next update :)